Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member drgr12429

Still think we should do our utmost to keep Neves and Moutinho. But it's looking more likely one. or both of them will leave. I don't think any of the names that we keep seeing us linked with will come here, and Neves leaving would make it even worse. You just don't sell your best player if you want to move upwards. You keep him and build around him.
Madness imo.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but Sky are just making that up. They happily report that Rice is worth £150m and he won't go for anywhere near that either.

Yeah, Rice will go for more than Neves just due to the British tax but neither are anywhere near the high end prices mentioned. Then again, Grealish went for 100 million and Sancho was 80 million or so :tearsofjoy:

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf can't see Neves going for more than £50mil he is a defensive midfielder, Rodri was 50mil they don't tend to go for the ridiculous prices other positions seem to command. Only reason Rice would possibly go for more is because he's English and United love spending over the top prices on English players like Maguire and Sancho.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Nevis is going nowhere he has accepted a new contract that keeps him at Wolves till 2027. Big pay rise plus assurance that the team will be improved to champions league standard.
Really hope you are Scott Sellars letting us know the inside info. :p

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf can't see Neves going for more than £50mil he is a defensive midfielder, Rodri was 50mil they don't tend to go for the ridiculous prices other positions seem to command. Only reason Rice would possibly go for more is because he's English and United love spending over the top prices on English players like Maguire and Sancho.
He’s not a CDM!!

D

Deleted member drgr12429

and a 19 year old replacement? We have a 20 year old in midfield already. Can't see them replacing a guy who has 4 years PL experience. Next!

CologneWolf

Reaction score
He is the archetypal modern DM. A modern CDM isn't a snotter who runs around booting people, Fabinho/Rodri/Kroos/Verrati are the class of the number 6 position. He isn't at that level but that is the position he plays.
No Pirlo no party.

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gabriel Slonina, a 19 year old goalkeeper from Chicago Fire has been mentioned as a Wolves target.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is the archetypal modern DM. A modern CDM isn't a snotter who runs around booting people, Fabinho/Rodri/Kroos/Verrati are the class of the number 6 position. He isn't at that level but that is the position he plays.
I’d describe Neves as a deep lying playmaker. Not an out and out defensive midfielder,

PelsallTC

Reaction score
As much as Coady doesn't work in a 4 and is quite slow, I'd be gutted if he went. He's a fantastic captain and Wolves through and through.
I agree with all of that, but I would let him go if Neves accepted a new contract with the captaincy added in. A great way to secure him to Wolves with the added promise of midfield and striker strengthening

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Gabriel Slonina, a 19 year old goalkeeper from Chicago Fire has been mentioned as a Wolves target.

Oh damn! Chelsea were after this kid before the sanctions. He’s supposed to be the next “big thing” - he’s also 17

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nevis is going nowhere he has accepted a new contract that keeps him at Wolves till 2027. Big pay rise plus assurance that the team will be improved to champions league standard.
Who is this Nevis??? I'm a tad sceptical about a poster with less than 30 posts in total offering categoric assurances. It rather smacks of WUM....

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine selling Ruben Neves and replacing him with someone from Benfica's B team.

That's where we are now as Fosun won't finance anything more ambitious.

Our friend the agent chooses the wolves manager and the bulk of the players.In his role as agent his purposes are served by identifying young talented players with a good work ethic who he can sell every 2-4 years earning him commission(just like any other agent ) -Fosun share in that success.

Jota ,Neves and his latest recruit Neto are his three most successful wolves investments who could all reach the very top .

But it's no longer a strategy which will improve our team and has the potential to go badly wrong.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I agree with all of that, but I would let him go if Neves accepted a new contract with the captaincy added in. A great way to secure him to Wolves with the added promise of midfield and striker strengthening
Foreign players often don't give anywhere near as much of a **** about captaincy as English players do.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They reckon he’s good but totally unproven if we are looking at 10m players as our future we won’t be in the premier league long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom