Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there were no signings at all we would struggle badly next season
I dont go along with the we must sell Neves to sign new players,but selling him would undoubtedly free cash up for more quality players which we badly need
That makes sense but let me run this past you and yes, it’s all conjecture on my part.

Last two seasons, everybody at Wolves knew we were badly struggling and practically couldn’t buy a goal to save our lives, even with a change of coach.
Jeff and Guo must have realized how easy it could have been for Wolves to get near the whirlpool pull of going down.
Ergo, rather than risk that again, I’m hoping that Jeff was told additional transfer funds would be available if needed and especially enough to keep Neves here.
There’s a financial number where that would make good business sense but too much and then there’s the law of diminishing returns.
A prudent owner would do that. The ‘self sustaining’ credo is not carved in stone, ( it’s only a guideline ).

……….at least, this is what I keep hoping for this window.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its all avoidable if Jeff and co. bid in reasonable ranges and not well under what teams are asking for. Much of this, and maybe my perspective is off, seems self-inflicted more than anything. Unrealistic (on the lower side of asking terms) targets.
I think the issue with Botman was leaving it so late which meant that when they put the price up we had no room for negotiation and no time to sign an alternative. One day perhaps we’ll find out if they really put the price up or we used it as a convenient excuse not to spend £25m! I understand that good players will always want to see what offers are in the table, that’s what Neves is doing now, but leaving it so late is stupid.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pape Cisse linked with Brighton and will leave olympiakos this summer. Really rate this guy and he wouldn’t command a huge fee. Should be on our radar surely.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take a strict transfer window if it means we keep Neves.

If it's something like we sell Adama and some of the kids, and end up with the likes of Seferovic and other cheaper"meh" singings
I wouldn’t.

Our midfield needs a revolution either with him or without him, it must be strengthened.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re choosing to use the word fail…..fine, but I wouldn’t unless I knew the full story.
I get it…..as fans we feel disappointed at times, ( we’d love to sign de Bruyne for example), but if, like Zinchenko several years ago, a player turns us down at the 11th. hour, I don’t automatically blame the club.

Of course you can be unlucky once or twice..
Bur 2-3 transfer windows in a row?

Also, it's one thing to miss out on top players like Zinchenko. But to have such a threadbare unbalanced squad as ours. We had 3 midfielders going into last season. Who is to blame for that, if not those in charge of putting together that squad?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't know what to think at this point. The logical side of my brain is saying its fine. They will have at least £40m from profits and selling Adama and that is enough for a striker and midfielder if we stay 3 at the back and retain Neves. A fit Netto and fired up MGW should mean we will be better than last season.

The other side of my brain has this little moneky bashing symbols and screaming we need ten players now, or the world is ending.

On balance I think my logical side will beat the **** out of symbol moneky and they will buy just two players (Nunes and Seferovic) keeping Neves and Moutinho and stay with 3 at the back with Gomes taking Saiss place. Thow in Bolla, Giles, Chinqiho and a couple of youngsters for the five subs and hope for the best.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although I’m sceptical, I’m hoping we can get something decent for Adama but may not and then we’re stuck with his wages for another year.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
anyone fill me in? palhinha off to Fulham? he's in the Maldives I think. Nunes rumours real but we are yet to confirm a fee and personal terms.

Ait nouri generating interest from Chelsea and City, so we have slapped a 45m price tag on him.

Neves potentially might stay hence the lack of ambition to sign palhinha.

This about right?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
anyone fill me in? palhinha off to Fulham? he's in the Maldives I think. Nunes rumours real but we are yet to confirm a fee and personal terms.

Ait nouri generating interest from Chelsea and City, so we have slapped a 45m price tag on him.

Neves potentially might stay hence the lack of ambition to sign palhinha.

This about right?

Basically

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours about Neves staying is certainly positive. But how would people feel if it meant no new signings?

Gutted, we were ****ing atrocious last season.

It needs freshening up.

When it seemed we needed to sell him to fund recruitments I was gutted but pragmatic. Now it seems that we don't need to sell him and he's happy to stay.

He's got a good head on his shoulders. He's adored by the fans and he's the centre of the Molineux universe.

If we can keep him and add stellar talent perhaps we can help him fulfill our collective footballing dreams.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wonder if Neves stays then Moutinho does not re-sign?

I'd take that every day of the week.
We need energy and mobility on the middle.

Give Neves Moutinho's money on a 4 year contract. Then bring in Palhinha or Al Musrati (or similar) and Nunes (or similar).

That gives us phenomenal options in the middle with Neves being the all-rounder.

As great as Moutinho is he's a similar conundrum to Coady. Sentimentality aside we need to be ruthless to push to the next level.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

If we don’t get the majority of our deals done in time for pre season as was requested by Bruno it will yet another window where the head coach has been ignored by the board
There's a lot that can go down in 4 weeks. I'm chilling and waiting to see what occurs.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don’t get the majority of our deals done in time for pre season as was requested by Bruno it will yet another window where the head coach has been ignored by the board
No chance of getting players in by the time they report for pre-season training. First game is 20th July so more likely any new additions might be in by then.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Ok but let’s look at it another way, it’s a shorter off period there has been internationals. Players may have wanted off work time etc

Not excuses just factors that could come into play

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure they’re trying and Bruno would be very much involved.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours of Man City offering Zinchenco plus cash for RAN
Sceptical ofc but wonder how that would play out with Angers having the sell on clause?
Zinchenco wants to play MF; we need midfielders and have Jonny, Giles, andBueno for LB so I can see that happening BUT I bet Zinchenco is on big wages.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zinchenco wants to play MF; we need midfielders and have Jonny, Giles, andBueno for LB so I can see that happening BUT I bet Zinchenco is on big wages.
Yeah would love him in MF tbh but cant see it happening
I doubt hes on more than £100k a week and that seems our ceiling currently

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m guessing Londres isn’t Portuguese for Wolverhampton?
‘It is a matter of time before Fulham announces the signing of João Palhinha, in principle, for the next four seasons.’

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours of Man City offering Zinchenco plus cash for RAN
Sceptical ofc but wonder how that would play out with Angers having the sell on clause?

They get 50% of the money but we can buy the clause for 10m. So if the money is over £20m it's worth buying the clause.

I heard they value Zinchenco at £30m what I thinks ridiculous.

On paper it might sound like a good idea. But City won't be sending us much money and they must value RAN as better as Zinchenco. So why would we take the deal

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
“It's only a matter of time before Fulham announces the hiring of João Palhinha, in principle, for the next four seasons.

The player is still on vacation, and yesterday he arrived in the Maldives, where he will stay this week. As such, the midfielder only travels to England the following week, where he will settle one or another detail of his agreement with the London emblem and then sign a contract.

This at a time when the agreement between Fulham and Sporting is practically closed, with Londoners reaching €20 M for the pass of the Portuguese international, beating the sprint Wolverhampton, who was also interested in the footballer“.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom