Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because palinha would replace mouts.
But if we have offered him a deal and he wants to stop.....he may well be here....all I'm saying is why buy palhinha first , until you nw the situation A. With Neves...B with moutinho.......at the minute we could have neves, mouts n donk , why would you buy palhinha, especially if be you have other areas to strengthen.....and if you can get Nico Gonzalez on loan....for nowt......off course I would move donk on for palhinha but you have to get someone to have donk first.....outs will always come before ins...

We will probably like another striker option but I would suggest we would need or like to remove cutrone wages from the books first....

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should be spending the Neves money first, before we sell. This is absolutely the wrong way to go about it, clubs will know we're desperate and wait as long as they can to offer us low ball fees.
Exactly. Likewise, if you sell first then the asking prices for players you want goes up s clubs know you've got the money.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said. How are we meant to be replacing Saiss, Ruddy, Marcal and possibly Moutinho if we have to sell before we buy? Do we just not replace these players or what is the plan? Do we run the risk of reporting back for pre season with a weaker squad than we finished with last season as a result?
Good chance for the U-16s - because they will be filling out pre-season 8v8 games :rolleyes:

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course it could be they havent got a clue but in the article on MGW in Express and Star today it is mentioned we arent close to any signings as it currently stands.

Yeah - the E & S have just given up on Wolves reporting until Liam Keen is back.

Disappointing indeed. I understand there are such things as budgetary constraints, but it comes across as very shoddy from a Wolves focussed paper.

Keen doesn't make a difference either in fairness.

In terms of Wolves news, there's no point going to the E&S unless it's JPs pieces. It's been a rehash of stuff off other interviews or the OS (90% of the time) for years.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But if we have offered him a deal and he wants to stop.....he may well be here....all I'm saying is why buy palhinha first , until you nw the situation A. With Neves...B with moutinho.......at the minute we could have neves, mouts n donk , why would you buy palhinha, especially if be you have other areas to strengthen.....and if you can get Nico Gonzalez on loan....for nowt......off course I would move donk on for palhinha but you have to get someone to have donk first.....outs will always come before ins...

to be fair, Donk would be top of my list to sell anyway, so getting Palhinha in early would only be a good thing.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect the board think all 3 of them can be replaced internally if we are to continue with the back 5. Sarkic for ruddy, bueno or giles for marcal, and tote for saiss. Likely means by doing that we save 90k a week on wages as well as each of them was on circa 30k.

Btw i dont advocate this, but second guessing what the thought process is.
I have to admit I have thought that myself, but we have lost 3 vitally experienced first team members. That experience needs replacing imo, especially in the unforgiving Premier League.

£4.5 million a year for 3 players wages is minimal in the Premier League. We have just had new front of shirt sponsors and increased ST prices all round which should more than take care of that if that’s what it takes to replace them.

None of the 3 you have mentioned have anything like the experience required with Sarkic and Bueno having no first team playing time whatsoever. If that’s the thought process we will definitely be struggling next season imo.

FOSUN need to act quickly in the transfer market and give us loyal fans something to be positive about. Its just doom and gloom atm.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if that is correct we cant sign anyone until we sell? Marvellous stuff Mr Shi. This summer is going the same way as last summer. I can see it a mile off.
You believe anything you read don’t you?
Wolves have cash flow facilities as do most businesses. Mate I think the world of you, but please please hold it back for a few weeks!

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You believe anything you need don’t you?
Wolves have cash flow facilities as do most businesses. Mate I think the world of you, but please please hold it back for a few weeks!
With respect, people said that in January, and last summer, and the previous January, and the previous summer

And in every single one we have failed to strengthen the core of our team

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam doesn't have a Scooby.

I 100% agree.

I listen to the E&S podcast. I'm a fairly latecomer to it, only having started in the middle of this season. I like Judah, I don't mind Keen but he's a lucky, lucky boy. He knows **** all.

His responses to questions are hilarious. They all follow a set pattern.

His replies are generally.

Ooooh, that's a tough/tricky/great question.

"I think" - followed by generally a 3-5 minute improvised monologue answer where he says the exact same thing in slightly different ways.

Judah says - "but what about X" and Keen replies "yeah, that's a possibility also".

His predicted team selections and transfer intel/opinions are no better than your average mol-mixer. ...

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do, l assume, know that for historic reasons there is precious little love between China, Japan and Korea?
Yeah that why then they are kicking **** out of each other on PUBG or Fortnight they can do behind their very own keyboard ..
China No1 is all i bloody hear on PUBG.. Then bang dead (hacks)

But i'm on about Footballers at Wolves, i'm sure they will get on all okay, let be honest not going to resolve the tension down there.

dnf14

Reaction score
I think if we are asking 60/70m (which we should) for Ruben then it's man utd and probably only man utd that will see him leave.......
Getting spurned by De Jong, Pogba leaving, Haaland going to City and losing out to Liverpool for a €100m player... sounds like the perfect conditions for the Glazers to spend an absurd fee on a player to sate the fans again.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting spurned by De Jong, Pogba leaving, Haaland going to City and losing out to Liverpool for a €100m player... sounds like the perfect conditions for the Glazers to spend an absurd fee on a player to sate the fans again.
Can see it happening, yes ....people will moan if he goes to man utd but if we want a maximum fee, then it's probably the only realistic option.....but it may drag on a bit....

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can see it happening, yes ....people will moan if he goes to man utd but if we want a maximum fee, then it's probably the only realistic option.....but it may drag on a bit....

Possibly (dragging on...) but on the other hand, Woodwood is no longer handling the transfers and he was the one who tended to dither until the last minute. The new guy might want things done quickly.

Moving within the Prem makes sense for Neves if it's this window. As much as he deserves the Barca move. A footballer (not from Wolves) told me earlier in the year he didn't think Neves would move abroad this summer because of the winter world cup. It would only leave him a few months to get his family moved, get settled, and get established in a new team in a new country. But based on that, he could move to United without worrying about most of those things.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly (dragging on...) but on the other hand, Woodwood is no longer handling the transfers and he was the one who tended to dither until the last minute. The new guy might want things done quickly.

Moving within the Prem makes sense for Neves if it's this window. As much as he deserves the Barca move. A footballer (not from Wolves) told me earlier in the year he didn't think Neves would move abroad this summer because of the winter world cup. It would only leave him a few months to get his family moved, get settled, and get established in a new team in a new country. But based on that, he could move to United without worrying about most of those things.
Barcelona don’t have the cash I guess we’re stuck in a bad situation again

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha, or a CM of a similar ilk, is required regardless of whether Neves leaves or not. The squad is too small and our lack of depth is a serious issue in midfield, even more so if Moutinho doesn't sign a new deal.

FOSUN can't afford to be complacent this Summer as they have been in previous years, else it's going to be a long season.

If Bruno wants to deploy 3 CMs for example then the only options he'll have are Neves/Palhinha, Moutinho and Dendoncker, with an inexperienced young player in Cundle there to fill in when required. Newcastle away was a prime example of what could happen on a more regular basis if we're not as fortunate with injuries this coming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom