Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My little bit of ITK is that wolves are following a lot of clubs now in signing a veteran player to play in the u23s as an overage player/mentor. Specifically looking at a league one midfielder who is 36 to do that role.

Imagine going into the window trying to renew João Moutinho, but only signing John Mousinho.

There'd be uproar.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From that it looks like Moutinho has gone. If this is the case we now know that we have a big and crucial rebuilding job on this summer with both Neves and Moutinho looking like they have played their last game for us.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to have a £18.5m buyout and I don't think he's worth that.

I don't think he starts over Neto, Chiq, Podence or at left back either.
Don't think there is much in it with rayan myself, arguably cornet has better left foot and finishing ability , his set pieces are better....a fully fit Neto maybe not......not totally disagreeing with you , he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter but I think he gives the squad something, competition and he can play a few roles.......which is what we need...

I don't think he is a world beater but a safe addition and strengthens the option on the left in the squad...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If fosun let him leave for nothing and neves in the same summer that is a significant and huge self inflicted gunshot wound to the foot!

Dendonker is the only midfielder we should be actively looking to move on.

I know there is the sell to buy and neves is the most sellable “asset” but the potential of only having dendonker left from the cm’s with more than three appearances last season is criminal in a summer where the club put season ticket prices up.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing hell wolves??!!!!

In Portugal they are sure: Joao Moutinho will not renew with Wolverhampton and could reach Mourinho in Rome

Joao Moutinho, 35 years old with Wolverhampton, will not renew his contract with the English club. The former Porto and Monaco would have one of his very first choices for the future in Rome. For José Mourinho could be the right man of experience, to be included in the rose. As Jn.pt reports, in fact, the deal could also be facilitated by the prosecutor, Sergio Mendes, the same as the Special One

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all about money.

Jimenez up for sale, one of the highest earners.
Saiss leaves and The Athletic confirms it was to do with wages.
Ruddy expected to stay, Lage wants him to stay, it's clearly about wages.
Moutinho a high earner, looks like he's off.
Neves will be a high earner, will be leaving.

Now, I'm not getting into whether these decisions or right or wrong, just pointing out that it's quite obvious what we're doing and it doesn't bode well.

They should just sell us instead of undoing the great work they've done by putting us back to where we started.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all about money.

Now, I'm not getting into whether these decisions or right or wrong, just pointing out that it's quite obvious what we're doing and it doesn't bode well.

They should just sell us instead of undoing the great work they've done by putting us back to where we started.
And Adamas refusal due to wages.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all about money.

Makes sense though, all the above (ex Neves) well past their best, probably around 300k a week in wages between those 4.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes sense though, all the above (ex Neves) well past their best, probably around 300k a week in wages between those 4.
Yeah not saying I agree/disagree, but ultimately we don't matter do we?

Lage wanted to keep Ruddy, I can't imagine anyone connected to Wolves doesn't want Moutinho here next season, he's spoken highly of Saiss.

My opinion I'm not bothered about Ruddy/Saiss but the theme here is that we clearly want to reduce the wage bill significantly.

Therefore, we're trying to succeed in the Premier League on the cheap in the future - that doesn't happen for long in my opinion.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lage wanted to keep Ruddy, I can't imagine anyone connected to Wolves doesn't want Moutinho here next season, he's spoken highly of Saiss.

My opinion I'm not bothered about Ruddy/Saiss but the theme here is that we clearly want to reduce the wage bill significantly.

Therefore, we're trying to succeed in the Premier League on the cheap in the future - that doesn't happen for long in my opinion.
Absolutely agree. It started last year with Patricio and Sa. Fortunately that one worked out, I have serious doubts we’ll get that lucky again in multiple positions.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Of course the alternative conclusion might be that they are planning to compete for better signings and retain our existing key players, by offering better money than they could have afforded given the current structure? You can view the things from either extreme, but the truth is probably somewhere in between.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all about money.

Its quite reasonable to want your top earners to be players you think are pretty much guaranteed starters.
If the likes of saiss and Moutinho aren’t seen as being regular starters next season, offer a wage to suit their new status as a squad player and bring in new players on the higher band of pay.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I should have said..... assuming this budget is going to be re-used on new playing staff.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Doesn't the wage bill equate to league position at the end of the season

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all about money.

I'd say it's a quite sensible way of securing you don't end up having a bunch of high earners who aren't among your key players.
Of those mentioned only player I'd presume to be a key player for the next few years is Neves.

Now obviously the criticism of the approach is quite valid if they aren't properly replaced.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say it's a quite sensible way of securing you don't end up having a bunch of high earners who aren't among your key players.
Of those mentioned only player I'd presume to be a key player for the next few years is Neves.

Now obviously the criticism of the approach is quite valid if they aren't properly replaced.
As much as I love Moutinho and Jimenez, they're key cogs for a team that's started stagnating and underperforming.

They're the two highest earners. I'd still keep them both but I appreciate that having a huge chunk of wages tied up in them limits any potential in the market. It's a difficult scenario to manage.

As for Saiss/Ruddy - Im not too fussed. I've never been a big Saiss fan. He finally convinced me after the first half of this season, but then his performances undid that. As for Ruddy, a second choice keeper isnt too relevant. I'd rather have a revolving door of younguns who accumulate value.

Summation - I'd be happy to see Moutinho lining up for us next season. Just perhaps not the first choice every game. He's a terrific player but 100k contract for a gentleman of his age and obviously diminishing physical attributes seems somewhat dubious.

I'd be surprised if Jimenez isn't with us. Raul was improving as the season went on so I'd be loath to jettison him just yet.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its quite reasonable to want your top earners to be players you think are pretty much guaranteed starters.
If the likes of saiss and Moutinho aren’t seen as being regular starters next season, offer a wage to suit their new status as a squad player and bring in new players on the higher band of pay.
Agree, but let's see if they do the latter.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much as it pains me to say it - unfortunately Vile will probably get it right in one of the windows. We are left hoping that
Jeff /Scott/Vinny & Jorge can cobble together some inexperienced over-valued players from Jorge's portfolio on deadline day.
As regards Daniel - he hasn't really played consistently or delivered goals for us to justify his £17 mill fee
Podence's biggest problem in my view is his injury record. When fit, he has been our only truly creative spark. We nearly always look more likely to score when he is on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom