Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2018 - Transfer Reliability Guide

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I found this post online on reddit.com/r/soccer and thought it would be extremely useful to refer to for the upcoming transfer window:

After several back and forths with people we were able to finalise a list for you to refer to so that when you see a post pop-up here, you can quickly see if the person that wrote the article is worth listening to, or if they're about as trustworthy as a Politician.

Here's how we split each Tier:

• Tier 1 - Almost undisputed when discussing a Transfer Rumour. They may not be the first to discuss a rumour, but if they are talking about it; then it is almost certainly true, and possibly close to complete.

• Tier 2 - Known to have current sources, but are still fallible and just short of being considered an authority on rumour discussions. However, multiple individuals or sources from this tier reporting the same rumour may indicate a strong possibility of truth to the rumour.

• Tier 3 - Unreliable, and not to be trusted solo. They fall into near click-bait practices and are often fighting for relevance in a sea of rumours.

• Tier 4 - Not to be trusted at all. These companies make money out of ensuring that you read them and they will make up anything to get you to harness advertising revenue.

• Tier 5 - Why are you even reading and listening to them?

Tier Sources

Tier 1

Simon Stone (Manchester Clubs), David Ornstein (London Clubs), Adam Blackmore (Southampton) - BBC / Ben Pearce (Spurs) - Freelance / Mohammed Bouhafsi - RMC / Mike Verweij(Nederlands/Ajax) - Telegraaf / Voetbal International (Nederlands/Ajax) / CMVM.pt (Portugal) / "Quakerboy" (Galatasaray) - rerererarara.net / Edu Polo (Spain) - Mundo Deportivo / Gianluca Di Marzio (Italy) - Freelance/Sky Italia- / RTP 1 (Portugal) / Alfredo Pedulla (AC Milan) - Freelance (Italy) / Romeo Agresti (Juventus) - Goal.com (Italy) / Stephan von Nocks & Frank Lußem(Germany) - Kicker / Ruhr Nachrichten (Schalke & Borrusia Dortmund) / Craig Norwood (Manchester United) - Freelance / George Caulkin (Newcastle United) - The Times / Keith Downie (Newcastle United) - Sky Sports / Craig Hope (Newcastle United) - Daily Mail / Reviersport (Schalke) / Paris United (France) / Globoesporte (Brasil) / Adam Leventhal (Watford) - Sky Sports / Paul Joyce(Liverpool & Everton) - Times / James Pearce (Liverpool) - Echo / Sam Lee (Manchester Clubs) - Goal.com / Rik Elfrink (PSV) - Eindhovens Dagblad / El Mercurio (Chile) / Brian Sciaretta (US) - New York Times / Stephen Goff (US) - Washington Post / Grant Wahl (US) - Fox Sports/Sports Illustrated

Tier 2
Matt Law (Chelsea), James Ducker (Chelsea/Manchester Clubs), John Percy (England/Leicester), Chris Bascombe (Liverpool/Everton) - Telegraph / Bild (Germany) / COPE (Spain) / Dan Kilpatrick(Spurs) - ESPN (England/US) / Lyall Thomas (Spurs) - Sky Sports / Ed Aarons (Spurs) - Guardian / Martin Blackburn (Manchester City) - The Sun / Simon Mullock (Manchester City) - The Mirror / Lee Ryder (Newcastle United) - The Chronicle / Daily Echo (Southampton) / L'Equipe (France) / Amy Lawrence (Arsenal) - Guardian / Raphael Honigstein (Germany) - Sky Germany / NTVSpor (Turkey) / Serdar Saridag (Turkey) - Millyet / oJogo (Portugal) / Ahmet Ercanlar (Fenerbache) - Hürriyet Gazetesi / Sky Sport Italia (Italy) / LigTv (Turkey) / BeIn (Turkey) / Radio Catalunya (Barcelona) (Spain) / Radio Renascença (Portugal) / Cadena SER (Spain) / Sid Lowe - Freelance (Spain) / Leverkusener Anzeiger (Bayer Leverkusen) / Der Westen (Germany) / Gerard Romero (Barcelona) - RAC1 (Spain) / Chris Wathan (Swansea/Wales) - BBC / Riath Al-Samarrai (Swansea/Wales) - Daily Mail / EMOL (Chile) / Mellissa Reddy (Liverpool) - Goal.com / Andy Hunter (Liverpool/Everton) - Guardian / Marcelo Bechler (Brazil) - Esporte

Tier 3
Telegraph (England) / Guardian (England) / Independant (England) / Sky Sports (England) / Ian Ladyman (Manchester Clubs) - The Mirror / Manchester Evening News (England) / Jim White(England) - Sky Sports / ESPN (Various) / The Echo (Liverpool/Everton) / Futbol Arena (Turkey) / Record (Portugal) / aBola (Portugal) / Gazzetta dello Sport (Italy) / Corriere dello Sport (Italy) / Il Tempo (Italy) / la Repubblica (Italy) / Get French Football News (France) / Le Parisien (France) / Transfer Merkezi (Turkey) / Mundo Deportivo (Spain) / Sport (Spain) / COPE (Spain) / Onda Cero(Spain) / Sport1 (Germany)

Tier 4
The Sun (England) / Guillem Balague (England/Spain) / Duncan Castles(England) / Metro (England) / NBC Sports (US) / Sports Witness (Various) / Marca (Spain) / AS(Spain) / Fotomaç (Turkey) / Fanatik (Turkey) / Aspor (Turkey) / Hurriyet (Turkey) / Haberturk (Turkey) / Correio da Manhã (Portugal) / Tuttosport (Italy) / Voetbalzone.nl (Nederlands) / Pierre Menes (France) / Sky Germany (Germany) / Bleacher Report (Various) / Miguel Delaney(Freelance) (England) / Andy Mitten (Manchester United) - Freelance / Talksport (U.K.) / Here is the City (Manchester Clubs)

Tier 5
Tancredi Palmieri / IndyKaila / Daily Star / Sqwaka / LadBible / Caught Offside / Joe.ie / Joe.co.uk / 90min / Muzzy Ozcan

Hopefully, this should be helpful to you guys/girls on here for trying to distinguish what rumours seem credible and what don't.

(Should be noted that Gianluca Di Marzio who reported the André Silva and Rui Patricio rumours the other week is firmly placed in Tier 1 :D)

Last edited:

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Impressive stuff Louis. We should revisit this when the window has closed see how well you did.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice one mate, I already follow a few of them on twitter so I'll be adding a few more

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Impressive stuff Louis. We should revisit this when the window has closed see how well you did.
I can't take credit for this ahaha, I just found it online. The person who made it has done an impressive job though I must say :)

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tier 7 - guy up a tree at Compton on wolvesrumours

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Good post Louis.

The data for who raised transfer speculation for our seasons going back to 2007 is all captured in the transfer summary sticky threads.

If you want to do the same analysis using our own data, I'm sure the results would be very interesting...

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tier 100 - the guy who used to come to my house and collect the Wolves Lottery. Told me we were signing Le Tissier

L

lostinbristol

Also The 4th Official/T4O, Express & Star “Transfer Rumours” page.

We don't need a ranking of reliability system on here I don't think, I tend to just look for your reaction on any rumour thread and that generally tells me all I need to know! Keep up the good work for us lazy *******s out there mate :cool:

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t need to worry about any of them. No tiers for fears

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Guillem Balague Surprised by him being tier 4 , he got neymar spot on and the Spanish manager right also but we missed the boat with him .

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tier 3 - Jim White...

OMFG WTF... This bloke is a name dropping fraud .

Massively irritating ****.
I bet I've got more sporting contacts than this Knobhead and he's constantly claiming that 'one of his guys at the club have told him...x'.

Absolute Billy bull****ter.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tier 3 - Jim White...

OMFG WTF... This bloke is a name dropping fraud .

Massively irritating ****.
I bet I've got more sporting contacts than this Knobhead and he's constantly claiming that 'one of his guys at the club have told him...x'.

Absolute Billy bull*******.
Tier 3 - Unreliable, and not to be trusted solo. They fall into near click-bait practices and are often fighting for relevance in a sea of rumours.

seems to fit the bill of your description then, what are you shocked about?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tier 3 - Unreliable, and not to be trusted solo. They fall into near click-bait practices and are often fighting for relevance in a sea of rumours.

seems to fit the bill of your description then, what are you shocked about?

That he's regarded as source of entertainment / credibility.

It's not a dig at the post. Im baffled as to why this **** gets airtime

Back
Top Bottom