Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stoppage Time!

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserves a thread of it's own. Two lengthy stoppages for Nunes and Podence (and treatment for Rashford, plus a wee bit of time for the VAR check) add the normal substitutions and it's only 5 minutes!!! Then only plays an extra 15 seconds despite United taking 45 seconds over their injury time sub. Utter disgrace.
Add in the decisions not to award free kicks against Nunes and Kilman and it was another rotten ref.

Last edited:

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we made 3 lots of subs, man U 2 before added time, then Podence was down for a while and a few other stoppages. All that has to add up to more than 5

T

TheConcourse

Honestly, is this an improvement on refereeing standards?

Every 50/50 went their way and to compound it he doesn’t add time on. I can’t get my head around it.

We’ll just sit back and watch it happen again next week.

Nunes was down for 3 minutes, Podence 2-3 minutes, 5 subs in the game, 2 of which were after 90 minutes. That’s assuming no other stoppages.

**** me.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolute joke but refs are untouchable he’ll be free to pull the same stunt week after week. JL looks like a guy who might just complain and I hope he does. The evidence is there 5 mins added two substitutions wasting times but only 19 seconds added? No words for how bad the beautiful game is becoming.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ref couldn't blow quick enough all game so the stoppage time wasn't a suprise

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
We should have had at least another 2-3 minutes play. Where we were all out attack. How can that not potentially impact the result?

It’s not the ref’s decision as to how many minutes time are added on. Should have played an additional 30 seconds for the subs though.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
The ref was genuinely awful but didn’t really impact the result.
Casemiro in the 1st half should have been booked - he then brings down a player in the 2nd half when we are running through and gets a yellow. He doesn't do the 2nd tackle if he was booked 1st time when he should have been.

Fred in the 2nd half rakes his studs down Nunes leg and should have been booked. He then brings Collins down a few minutes later and takes a yellow. He doesn't do the 2nd tackle if he was booked when he should have been.

I'm not saying we would have scored from either scenarios, but these inconsistencies do have an impact on the game.

T

TheConcourse

It’s time to draft in impartial unbiased refs from abroad
They wouldn’t do it. The last thing this league wants is genuine competition. Look at the top 6. It’s the Premier League’s wet dream; Newcastle aside; but even then it’ll give them a chance to stream their grubby little product through Saudi.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Casemiro in the 1st half should have been booked - he then brings down a player in the 2nd half when we are running through and gets a yellow. He doesn't do the 2nd tackle if he was booked 1st time when he should have been.

Fred in the 2nd half rakes his studs down Nunes leg and should have been booked. He then brings Collins down a few minutes later and takes a yellow. He doesn't do the 2nd tackle if he was booked when he should have been.

I'm not saying we would have scored from either scenarios, but these inconsistencies do have an impact on the game.

Both fair points. And I did think both were yellows.

He was dreadful all game. Just don’t think he made any game/result-altering decisions. The defeat is more on one piece of really poor defending and our continued lack of threat up top (which hopefully Cunha and other signings will rectify).

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
If we'd have been 1 up i swear there would have been 10 mins. There were a few lengthy spells of players down, multiple subs, quite clearly should have been more than 5. Then to not allow for the slow subs united made is a disgrace. The ref was so bad in the game too. How any professional can watch that challenge on Nunes and not give a free kick is obsurd. Several times we should have had an attacking free kick but instead united on the counter. Absolutely seething about it

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the people saying we should complain which we won't of course need to remember if we do things will only get considerably worse.
The only thing complaining will do is make us a marked team, these people are above criticism.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s time to draft in impartial unbiased refs from abroad
The trouble is they won't be impartial, they'll be got at. It's in the commercial interests of the PL that the glamour clubs do well.

The deck will remain stacked in the big clubs favour until we have impartiality from the tournament organisers. I won't hold my breath.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Both fair points. And I did think both were yellows.

He was dreadful all game. Just don’t think he made any game/result-altering decisions. The defeat is more on one piece of really poor defending and our continued lack of threat up top (which hopefully Cunha and other signings will rectify).

Agree that he had a very poor game, and your right he didn't make any decisions which directly impacted the end result.

But his weak responses to certain tackles which should have resulted in yellows, certainly helped Utd to make a few professional fouls which they wouldn't have attempted otherwise, and as a result impacted certain in-game situations. In a game of fine margins, this can make a big difference.

Hopefully we will see a game soon when we don't have to talk about the ref, regardless of result - not sure when that last occurred.....

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've just had a world cup where refs were given instructions to ensure they added time for all relevant stoppages ( which they should be doing anyway but often don't). And now we're back to the usual where not enough is added on.
Would we have scored in any additional time ? probably not, but that's not really the point.
We need consistency in how time is added on and to be at least given the chance to play those minutes even if they come to nothing

Last edited:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the same last night in the Liverpool match. Only four minutes given and should have been at least six. Plus Henderson was down injured for about 40 seconds of it which the ref didn't add on.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly same thing happened to Leicester last night, I mean 4 minutes abd ref can’t wait to blow up bang on time. Leicester we’re on the attack as we’re we.

Premier league is corrupt abd it will come out in years to come, just like juve. The foul by Collins at the
end was quite frankly embarrassing. How’s Casameiro only got one yellow? Semedo got booked for next to nothing so?????

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The ref couldn't blow quick enough all game so the stoppage time wasn't a suprise
Said exactly the same, he couldn’t wait to blow. Needs to get back to Manchester (or should I say down south) for his New Year’s Eve party.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After watching the WC, where significant amounts of ET were added, we are now back to the Prem where not enough is. Five minutes was not nearly enough.
However, I had to laugh at one poster who said that with Yernited making two subs during the ET, another minute should have been added and the ref only added on 18 secs. If anyone thinks that another 42 secs would have resulted in us scoring, they've not been paying attention this season. Another 42 hours added on, would probably result in us still failing to score. :tearsofjoy:

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would it be such a bad or difficult thing to introduce the timekeeping system that rugby uses?
When the ball's dead, the clock's stopped by an official timekeeper.
It's also visible for all to see, so no mystery whatsoever.
The whole notion of added time needs to go from the game, it's not added time at all, it's just part of the rightful allotted game time!
Stop the clock and there's no debate, surely?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can guarantee that if it was Wolves who nicked the goal and were 1-0 up there would have been 6 or 7 minutes added on.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ref was genuinely awful but didn’t really impact the result.
Wolves were piling on the pressure at the end, and de Gea pulled off a great save in that time. If we get 8 minutes rather than 5, then that absolutely could have impacted the result, because Yanited were battening down the hatches. The officiating was arguably worse than Everton because it was more insidious, and marked by smaller things that added up. As @Matt says, we'd have been looking at much longer if United were banging at the door in search of a winner. That might seem conspiratorial, but we all know it's true.

T

TheConcourse

After watching the WC, where significant amounts of ET were added, we are now back to the Prem where not enough is. Five minutes was not nearly enough.
However, I had to laugh at one poster who said that with Yernited making two subs during the ET, another minute should have been added and the ref only added on 18 secs. If anyone thinks that another 42 secs would have resulted in us scoring, they've not been paying attention this season. Another 42 hours added on, would probably result in us still failing to score. :tearsofjoy:
You’re missing the point.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
5 minutes added on, Man Utd make a substitution, still blows on 5 minutes. It’s either really really poor timekeeping or cheating. I know which I think it is.

Back
Top Bottom