Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Steven Hunt

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any news on him - not included in the matchday squad yesterday.

I'd like to think he still has something to offer as he was quality for Hull and good for us in patches. The last 7 months for him have been abysmal though and he's played like a park footballer - anyone see any way back, or will he join the cull?

J

johnybig32

We have now better footballers. So not in squad.

We will have more footballers when Stale continues his revolution.

What is obvious, all of Stale's signings are footballers, not shifters! And the rest of the team, who are playing with better footballers, look much better.

P

PeteWolf

Any news on him - not included in the matchday squad yesterday.

I'd like to think he still has something to offer as he was quality for Hull and good for us in patches. The last 7 months for him have been abysmal though and he's played like a park footballer - anyone see any way back, or will he join the cull?
He's just got to that age where his legs have gone, happens to them all eventually. Can't see him getting much more than subs appearances now.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Now his legs/mobility are limited- he is just not the same player he was only 18 months ago. Don't see him fitting into SS plans as a regular. Can see him getting loaned out TBH.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't see him fitting into this team at all.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frodo_Baggins2.jpg

If you can wait 4 months you'll be able to see him in the first of his 3 new Hobbit films.

M

Mugwump

I am a bit undecided about hunt. He has rarely had a decent spell of fitness for us and if he can I still think he could be a good player for us. I have bg doubts he will however.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been one of the more disappointing of our recent signings really hasnt he- as so much was expected of him-but wasnt he still injured or only just about on the mend when we bought him in the first place? I do still hold out hope that he'll come good but maybe Im deluding myself!

R

robwolf

With stales comments about wanting to trim squad size i certainly hope hunty is one of those in line. I appreciate the goal that delayed relegation for a season, but theres no room fir sentimentality under stale.... I hope!

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his last season for Hull he was one of the most feared wingers in the premier league. His stats were unbelievable and I think he was ranked #12 at the EA PL index at some point.

L

luckyjim

Has played like an ineffectual ferret for most of his time with us. Has to be moved on.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He just hasn't turned out to be the signing we all thought and hoped he would be. Now under SS style of play, will he fit in? Can he adapt?

Hunts biggest assest was his engine and his ability to get in the oppositions faces and just be a niggling little so and so. Now his legs have gone (or at leas that's how it seems to me) can he change his style?

I'm not so sure he can but at the same time I can't see anyone coming in for him. Has been fairly injury prone and would be on big wages.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I reckon he could still do a job as a stand-in on occasion as he will not be a first-team regular....but it's probably about getting some money in for him than anything else.

D

Deleted member 3545

I wouldnt be suprised if he isnt one of 6-7 players that SS needs to move on

D

Dewsburywolf

I know it's become a bit of a joke comment but -- can he play left back? Not too sure if he's got the legs & Wardy seemed to do an excellant job of a Stale type of left back so if not (Hunty) then maybe we should just take the hit on his wages & loan him out til his contract runs out in the Summer

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh0qyKotq9M"]Stephen Hunt v Blackburn WHATA GOL - YouTube[/nomedia]

As you were.

R

Redditch Wolves

Has about as much technical skill as a retarded donkey, utter $$$$ never in Stale's plans.

M

morosewolf

Positives
Immense against Albion the season before last
The Blackburn goal
Takes a good penalty
Negatives
Absolutely $$$$e in every other game

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is an ex footballer, move on!

St Michaels worst signing by a distance.

I said he would be 'found out' as a footballer on here, but I will spare the blushes of the great and the good on here who vilified me, by not refreshing the thread

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jez has realised that Stephen Hunts legs have gone, so if we keep him, Jez can claim £32.50 a week carers allow@nce benefit for helping him around the training ground :D

EDIT: Had to use the @ instead of an "a" because the swear filter blocks out w@nc in allowan ce. Seriously, how ridiculous is the swear filter on here - even covering the mis-spelling of the word "wa nk" incase we have any dislexic swearers on here. How old are we all again?......

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dewsburywolf

EDIT: Had to use the @ instead of an "a" because the swear filter blocks out w@nc in allowan ce. Seriously, how ridiculous is the swear filter on here - even covering the mis-spelling of the word "wa nk" incase we have any dislexic swearers on here. How old are we all again?......

It's not dyslexia it's illiteracy, a dyslexic would get the letters in the wrong sequence whereas an illiterate invariably can't get the right letters at all

W

WasStefan

"Stephen Hunt is the latest #Wolves player put up for sale. Jamie O'Hara may need another hernia op and Karl Henry (hamstring) is out 2mrw."

It's all systems go. This is going to be a busy week or so!!!!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank God. IMO the guys legs have gone and he'll be a big wage to get off the wage bill.

Signed a season or two too late. But thanks for the goals against Blues & Blackburn.

Good luck wherever you go.

J

JR's Boots

Mick's squad is being systematically dismantled and upgraded; something that should have happened two years ago.

Stale doesn't hang about that's for sure. I'm surprised that Elokobi has so far stayed under the radar.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice to see us showing some ambition by shipping out the old and replacing them with the new. Definitely signs that we are building for the future and under Solbakken i'm more optimistic than ever that he can eventually help us ultimately establish us as a club within the EPL. Could be a slow process, but i reckon it will be worth it.

O

One Too Many

Nice to see us showing some ambition by shipping out the old and replacing them with the new. Definitely signs that we are building for the future and under Solbakken i'm more optimistic than ever that he can eventually help us ultimately establish us as a club within the EPL. Could be a slow process, but i reckon it will be worth it.

Whilst I agree that it seems that SS is determined to put his own squad together as quickly as he can; I think it's going a bit far to describe having to sell your best players because they no longer want to play for you as "showing some ambition by shipping out the old..."

In general I do believe that if a player doesn't want to play for a club then you are best off cashing in on him. However, you could argue that Moxey/Morgan, rather then taking the easy option & pocketing the £24m (New stand anyone? :D) would have shown more ambition if he had told the 3 players (that you have sold) that they would not be allowed to leave for any price and so they should knuckle down and get on with it, as they truly believe that under SS's guidance & MM's investment into the playing squad that they will be playing Premier League football again next season. To soften the blow, they could even have offered them escape clauses in January, should things league position wise, not be going to plan.

I'm having a go, it's just another perspective on how JM / MM could have handled the 'wantaways'

With regards to Hunt - I'm guessing you will be glad to see the back of him, done F all in his time at Wolves, spent a fair time out injured, and I'm guessing is on a decent whack - the type of player that you cannot afford to 'carry' in the Championship. Definately a good decision to get rid, obviously hasn't taken SS long to suss him out.

Last edited by a moderator:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's still a business though. And we got a hell of a lot for them. Everyone has a price.

O

One Too Many

It's still a business though. And we got a hell of a lot for them. Everyone has a price.

I totally agree - especially when you take into consideration the amounts that Moxey achieved, think he's been taking lessons from Jeremy Peace!

The problem is (and I am sure this will have been covered elsewhere) is that £24m is not really much use to a Championship club, well not as much use as a good winger and a 20+ goal striker. No players that are worth more than a couple of million will sign for a championship team - if you are paying more than that for players then you are being ripped off purely because the selling club know that you have this windfall.

SS is doing the right thing, using his undoubted knowledge of the Scandinavian market to give Wolves the edge over their rivals when it comes to unearthing 'cheap' foreign talent.

You just have to hope that when / if he gets you promoted, that Moxey & Morgan remember that he has spent very little of the £24m that they have promised to re-invest in the team and that he is then given a £30m+ warchest to improve the squad to ensure long term Premiership survival.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I totally agree - especially when you take into consideration the amounts that Moxey achieved, think he's been taking lessons from Jeremy Peace!

The problem is (and I am sure this will have been covered elsewhere) is that £24m is not really much use to a Championship club, well not as much use as a good winger and a 20+ goal striker. No players that are worth more than a couple of million will sign for a championship team - if you are paying more than that for players then you are being ripped off purely because the selling club know that you have this windfall.

SS is doing the right thing, using his undoubted knowledge of the Scandinavian market to give Wolves the edge over their rivals when it comes to unearthing 'cheap' foreign talent.

You just have to hope that when / if he gets you promoted, that Moxey & Morgan remember that he has spent very little of the £24m that they have promised to re-invest in the team and that he is then given a £30m+ warchest to improve the squad to ensure long term Premiership survival.

Excellent post and completely right.

J

johnybig32

"Stephen Hunt is the latest #Wolves player put up for sale. Jamie O'Hara may need another hernia op and Karl Henry (hamstring) is out 2mrw."

It's all systems go. This is going to be a busy week or so!!!!

Told you that was going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom