Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Steve Bull Stand

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The state of Molineux is becoming a joke. Peeling faded paint, broken glazing panels, comedy level concourse and services. I get ‘the first team is the priority’ TM - but for god sake can we not find a bit of investment to get even a half decent stadium.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The state of Molineux is becoming a joke. Peeling faded paint, broken glazing panels, comedy level concourse and services. I get ‘the first team is the priority’ TM - but for god sake can we not find a bit of investment to get even a half decent stadium.
FFPGNG

It's the new part of FFP clause 987

Financial Fair Play Ground No Go .

beppe7619

Reaction score
The metal is rusted on top of the stand surely someone can paint it the same with the stairs outside the bully

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that there is (usually) less queuing does it really warrant the continued focus on improvement or even total replacement?

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to take note of Brighton - developing the stadium and the team in tandem.
Our ground, especially the Steve Bull, is way behind the curve. We've got the balance between the players and the stadium all wrong.
Trouble is that most of our fans prefer the instant fix of a new signing to something that will benefit the club and its supporters for a generation.
Fosun need to show leadership and vision.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stadiums do represent a a conundrum though don’t they for non oil state, or equivalent owners. For me though, surely x1 new stand is the equivalent of what, x1 Fabio Silva.

I know what I think would represent the better investment.

Where the best part of 10k people gets seated in the meantime though, god knows.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t stadium redevelopment about to be included in FFP. It’s currently nothing to do with it and doesn’t count towards it but as soon as it does we can kiss goodbye to any major improvements until we are a genuine, 100% guaranteed self reliant top 10 outfit.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The real problem wolves have is post pandemic construction costs probably near enough doubled.

They really should have put something in place when the pandemic got going. Too late now.

Reaction score
A completely theoretical/historical question. If events hadn't taken the course they had, and we had ended up with the whole ground constructed like the John Ireland/Steve Bull - would we be in a better or worse situation now (stadium wise)?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Steve bull was built with humans not in mind
The average height of a UK male is 70 inches. Back in the 1700's when the stand was built, the average height was only 65 inches which explains the lack of legroom.

Indoor plumbing was the stuff of a madman's dreams back then. The space was originally used to store the hangman's gallows for the halftime entertainment of hanging witches.

Basically the Steve Bull stand (originally the William III stand - it's where our colours come from) is very old.

Back
Top Bottom