Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Steve Bull stand advice?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I'm giving up my ST in the South Bank (only the Spurs game) so my brother (visiting from overseas) gets to experience the atmosphere on the "terrace".

I've managed to get a seat on Saturday in the Steve Bull upper J4. How much time do I need to give myself to queue to get in?

That is all. Thanks.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's much improved now.

I'm J10 so don't know if we use the same entrance but think we do, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.

Leave pubs in town at 2:45pm and get in for a 3pm.

Funnily enough, anytime I have gone earlier, say 10-15 mins before, there has been more of a queue.

It's a different story if you want a drink though. Start queueing after 10 mins and you might get the second half :D

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give yourself a good 25-30 minutes if you plan to get a drink, otherwise I'd say about 10 minutes from queue to seat if you're turning up about 20 mins before KO.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get there about 2.30 and you'll be fine. After that the queues can be horrendous though you should still make kick off from about 2.45

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I'm giving up my ST in the South Bank (only the Spurs game) so my brother (visiting from overseas) gets to experience the atmosphere on the "terrace".

I've managed to get a seat on Saturday in the Steve Bull upper J4. How much time do I need to give myself to queue to get in?

That is all. Thanks.
Has your brother had to buy a membership ?

The only reason I ask is that my friend has flown back to the UK to bury his father who has sadly passed away.

He has a Supporter Number and I’m a Season Ticket holder, I e-mailed Fan Services to see if they could help me with buying him a ticket for either the Leeds or Spurs game, as the site won’t let me buy a ticket.

They responded back saying he would need to buy a membership, just checked and they cost £41 plus the ticket cost, so you’re looking at over £100.

Needless to say he won’t be going.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

The only reason I ask is that my friend has flown back to the UK to bury his father who has sadly passed away.

He has a Supporter Number and I’m a Season Ticket holder, I e-mailed Fan Services to see if they could help me with buying him a ticket for either the Leeds or Spurs game, as the site won’t let me buy a ticket.

They responded back saying he would need to buy a membership, just checked and they cost £41 plus the ticket cost, so you’re looking at over £100.

Someone who is a member on here and not going to the game could help your friend. They could buy the ticket on their membership, choose print at home, and just email you the ticket. You can then just transfer the money to their account. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) I'm going on Saturday so already have my ticket and can't do it for you. Someone on here could probably help though?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any time after 2:45 is pushing it. Got there for the Liverpool game around then and missed kick off by about 30 seconds.

It has improved but it's still not great by any means.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I looked on a Facebook group for people selling tickets last minute... Someone I know was selling, I got lucky, his son can't make the game as planned, so I snapped it up.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone who is a member on here and not going to the game could help your friend. They could buy the ticket on their membership, choose print at home, and just email you the ticket. You can then just transfer the money to their account. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) I'm going on Saturday so already have my ticket and can't do it for you. Someone on here could probably help though?
If I'd not sorted my extra ticket I'd have been seeking help on here.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Regarding the guy who needs a ticket he could just borrow someone’s membership number and do it that way

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ditto for a pee afterwards.... I really do not regret changing my ST from the SBU to the NBU...
Do you not feel a little out of the loop (can’t think of the phrase I want to use) when high up in the NBU? I’ve sat in there a few times and just feel cut off from the action. That said, I was SBL for Bournemouth and had very little idea as to how the game was going.

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leave the pub at 2.45, still get in and have a beer and see kick off. Its all about walking faster than everyone else on way down.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I haven’t been to the SBU for a few years, can someone tell me what they’ve done to improve access? From the comments, it sounds like they’ve added some new automated turnstiles?

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I haven’t been to the SBU for a few years, can someone tell me what they’ve done to improve access? From the comments, it sounds like they’ve added some new automated turnstiles?
There are some on the right hand side which are fully automated. The others still have someone inside to press a pedal to let someone through the turnstile.

The new turnstiles also have the feature of push a button to exit but thev roller shutters on the outside are always pulled down. Otherwise it would be possible to get out a little easier at full time.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you not feel a little out of the loop (can’t think of the phrase I want to use) when high up in the NBU? I’ve sat in there a few times and just feel cut off from the action. That said, I was SBL for Bournemouth and had very little idea as to how the game was going.
Peripheral to the action. I've watched sport in the back rows of some very big stadiums and that's exactly how it feels...

Old Trafford, Camp Nou, Superdome all feel like you're in a stadium watching a stadium watch a football match.

I believe the top of the NB is just about as far away as you can be without feeling like that.

Back
Top Bottom