Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao is young, looks to have the tools, and can get better. Hwang is older, looks to have questionable basics and has slowly got worse.... What do you think?

Where we are now, I think I'd much rather have Trincao as part of the squad for the next few seasons.

As you say, I think he can get much better. His ceiling is a lot higher than Hwang's and he is a lot younger. I also think Trincao will end up being a very adaptable player, who can either play off the wing, as a wider attacking midfield player, as a 10, or even as the most attacking option in a midfield 3. Very similar to all the roles Bernardo Silva can fill for City. So he gives a manager options.

I just can't see where Hwang fits in at the moment. He's not a central striker and he's not really a wide player. His best position is probably as a second striker playing off a target man, which we know Bruno wants. But we don't play that way (yet), so his role just becomes a squad filler, who can fill in across a few positions we use, but not very well. He then just blocks a path to first team minutes for players like Chiquinho, Chem Campbell, etc.

Maybe his role will become clearer when we know who is coming in and how Bruno is planning on setting up next season.

fleck1

Reaction score
You don't have to. Why not do your research into the subject rather than just reading **** off here, then come back and acknowledge i was correct. We can all be smart arses.
We can all spout conspiracy theories on a internet forum, rather than admit that Barca got a try before they buy and it hasn't lived up to the hype. I don't need to research I have spent 4 seasons watching him every week, he runs very fast but offers very little at the end of it bar a good spell in 2019. We may as well stick Usain Bolt on the other wing

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Interesting that bruno has said no decision has been made on trincao yet as sporting are known to want him and we supposedly want a couple of players from them.

Maybe mendes is setting up a swap deal with us getting palinha and nunes with trincao going the other way. Sporting have to pay for vinagre still and we still hold a 25% sell on clause for goncalves. This is exactly the kind of manoeuvring mendes is known for

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Where we are now, I think I'd much rather have Trincao as part of the squad for the next few seasons.

As you say, I think he can get much better. His ceiling is a lot higher than Hwang's and he is a lot younger. I also think Trincao will end up being a very adaptable player, who can either play off the wing, as a wider attacking midfield player, as a 10, or even as the most attacking option in a midfield 3. Very similar to all the roles Bernardo Silva can fill for City. So he gives a manager options.

I just can't see where Hwang fits in at the moment. He's not a central striker and he's not really a wide player. His best position is probably as a second striker playing off a target man, which we know Bruno wants. But we don't play that way (yet), so his role just becomes a squad filler, who can fill in across a few positions we use, but not very well. He then just blocks a path to first team minutes for players like Chiquinho, Chem Campbell, etc.

Maybe his role will become clearer when we know who is coming in and how Bruno is planning on setting up next season.
Trincao can't play off either wing, way too slow. Only chance he has is as a central player, and even then he creates absolutely nothing so he'd need to dramatically improve to even be an average Premier League player.

Trincao will never be fit to lace Silva's boots.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only he would sign a new contract with us.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see barca pfaffing around with this until the last minute to force the price down. We need to push them now to either stump up or send him home.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see barca pfaffing around with this until the last minute to force the price down. We need to push them now to either stump up or send him home.
Would imagine the deal will have a set date they have to trigger the buy option by. Probably fairly soon after the seasons end.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only he would sign a new contract with us.

But what contract would we offer him. His last offer was going to make him close to the top earner at the club. He wasnt worth it back then, and he sure as hell isnt worth it now. You wouldnt want to pay him more than 60k a week and thats being generous.

Sanewolf

Reaction score
Still cracks me up that we have players like Hwang and Trincao playing for Wolves whilst Adama sits on the bench in Spain. What is even more funny is that many of our fan base were happy for him to go because we had depth in wide positions, that depth includes Trincao and Hwang, hahahahaha.

In 18 months we went from Jota, Traore and Raul to Hwang, Trincao and Silva.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton or leeds likely candidates for Adama, probably 20m and then will get a **** load of assists, in typical fashion

D

Deleted member drgr12429

He’ll sign a new contract with us rather than go to Leeds or Everton.
Yep, and maybe the Barca thing has tempered his ambition a bit. He's perfect as a last 30 min player, and maybe he realises it now. So wages and contract to suit.
However much he's marmite here, he frightens every opposition manager and defender. I'd be happy to see him back here for next season.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, and maybe the Barca thing has tempered his ambition a bit. He's perfect as a last 30 min player, and maybe he realises it now. So wages and contract to suit.
However much he's marmite here, he frightens every opposition manager and defender. I'd be happy to see him back here for next season.
Think he frightens the manager he actually plays for to, because you dont know what hes going to do or turn up in the game

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Think he frightens the manager he actually plays for to, because you dont know what hes going to do or turn up in the game
Maybe, but he's leagues above Hwang. Opposition managers are not frightened in the slightest when Hwang comes on. Traore however...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, but he's leagues above Hwang. Opposition managers are not frightened in the slightest when Hwang comes on. Traore however...

100 percent, i would also say chiquinho has showed more scare ability than hwang.

What i would be worried is of if you bring adama back you stunt the potential of chiquinho, he could have a breakthrough neto like season next year.

Him and neto on the wings, podence/mgw in a 10 could be very exciting

D

Deleted member drgr12429

100 percent, i would also say chiquinho has showed more scare ability than hwang.

What i would be worried is of if you bring adama back you stunt the potential of chiquinho, he could have a breakthrough neto like season next year.

Him and neto on the wings, podence/mgw in a 10 could be very exciting
I agree, but it's a 5 sub rule next season. The ability to make more changes will help the development of players like Chiquinho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
The deal was a roll of the dice, he goes to Barca and tear's up the Camp Nou and we get £30m, he doesn't and he comes back and he can put the dreams of playing again for is hometown club behind him.

He either signs a new deal and commits and is integrated back into the squad or we get our money back in the summer. At least the limbo is over.

This as much about how we treat players and been seen as a pathway to Europe's elite as much as it was about the potential income.

Oh and we have no way of knowing if retaining him would have got us into Europe next season

Back
Top Bottom