Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
He looks like he’s got worse since he’s been there. Doesn’t look as fast and keeps getting tackled. It’s very sad to see. I feel sorry for him, it looks like his teammates don’t trust him or want to pass to him.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks like he’s got worse since he’s been there. Doesn’t look as fast and keeps getting tackled. It’s very sad to see. I feel sorry for him, it looks like his teammates don’t trust him or want to pass to him.
What you mean worse?J Adama just beat 4 Frankfurt players and he will never be as bad as Trincao was at Newcastle last Friday night

Last edited:

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
What you mean worse?J Adama just beat 4 Frankfurt players and he will never be as bad as Trincao was at Newcastle last Friday night
From what I saw he looks slower, less skilful and less confident than he was at wolves. That’s what I mean when I said he looks worse. I think I was quite clear in my original post. I didn’t even compare him to Trincao, who is actually showing signs of improvement.

Every player to a man was **** against Newcastle, not just Trincao.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's no way Barcelona are signing him IMO.

He was flying for them in the first month and they've been leaking stories to the press how he might not sign, then how they couldn't afford him. I blame them for this, why start making noises when he was doing so well?

So now we're left with a player that has a year on his contract, probably won't sign an extension and we've harmed our own chances of Europe in the process.

I hope his stock has fallen enough that he will sign a new deal with us, but don't think it has.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He was flying for them in the first month and they've been leaking stories to the press how he might not sign, then how they couldn't afford him. I blame them for this, why start making noises when he was doing so well?

So now we're left with a player that has a year on his contract, probably won't sign an extension and we've harmed our own chances of Europe in the process.

I hope his stock has fallen enough that he will sign a new deal with us, but don't think it has.

He's been anonymous and innefective for them pretty much outside of that initial burst there. We would be mad to take him back after him pretty much telling us he doesnt want to play here. He would only be signing because he has no other options. He's ****ed up big time. He isnt worth anywhere near the 100k plus a week its rumoured he wanted. He wasnt before all this, and he's worth less now. I wouldnt offer him more that 50 or 60k a week. He's a bench player and we need first teamers.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
From what I saw he looks slower, less skilful and less confident than he was at wolves. That’s what I mean when I said he looks worse. I think I was quite clear in my original post. I didn’t even compare him to Trincao, who is actually showing signs of improvement.

Every player to a man was **** against Newcastle, not just Trincao.
Trincao showing signs of improvement

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respectfully, comparing him to Trincao is a waste of your energy. They are different players with different capabilities.
Why compare an apple with an orange?

Podence will be much more valuable to Wolves than Traore ever was. I said Podence would be Wolves player of the decade back in Nov. 2020. ( it’s on the Mix record). He and Neto are much better than Traore ever was.
Traore had 4 years to impress the football world but there were few takers when he wouldn’t sign.
I‘m not suggesting you to move on from Traore but Wolves gave him chance after chance but it didn’t work out.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do not think that Wolves might be glad to have him off their books after 4 years?

fleck1

Reaction score
He just isn't as good as he thinks he is or as good as some on here would have you believe. Every single move he's made the previous clubs fans have said the same inconsistent, no end product. Followed by the signing clubs fans saying wait till manager x/y/z gets hold of him and he's playing with better players. It always ends up the same way, he becomes a bench warmer with a few minutes here and there against tired legs or when the games become stretched. So is the issue Nuno, Xavi, Bruno, Enrique etc? Without being blessed with his pace, where would he find himself based on footballing ability, I very much doubt anywhere near the premier league.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is a very good round peg, who needs to be in a round hole!

Your not gonna coach him into doing something that isn’t his natural instinct.

I’ve always said he’d be best as a right winger in a 442 with a stay at home fullback behind him, or as a wingback.

R

reanswolf

Added to that I read that Trincao isn’t particularly happy here either.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expecting some three way deal with Mendes - possibly Traore to Barca, Trincao to Sporting and one of Sporting midfielders to Wolves.

Could even be more than that if you throw Neves into mix with another Barca player coming our way.

Just hope he isn’t too busy spending time with Ronaldo….

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respectfully, comparing him to Trincao is a waste of your energy. They are different players with different capabilities.
Why compare an apple with an orange?

Podence will be much more valuable to Wolves than Traore ever was. I said Podence would be Wolves player of the decade back in Nov. 2020. ( it’s on the Mix record). He and Neto are much better than Traore ever was.
Traore had 4 years to impress the football world but there were few takers when he wouldn’t sign.
I‘m not suggesting you to move on from Traore but Wolves gave him chance after chance but it didn’t work out.
If Podence does end up being our player of the decade then it’s going to a pretty bland 10 years.

Don’t forget Jeff expects us to be one of the best clubs in the world by 2027.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder what the Barca fans make of Adama so far, does he divide opinion the way that he does here? Or were they impressed by his start and giving him time to recapture his form? Maybe there is a Nou Campo Mixo forum were these matters are being discussed…

fleck1

Reaction score
I wonder what the Barca fans make of Adama so far, does he divide opinion the way that he does here? Or were they impressed by his start and giving him time to recapture his form? Maybe there is a Nou Campo Mixo forum were these matters are being discussed…

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been anonymous and innefective for them pretty much outside of that initial burst there. We would be mad to take him back after him pretty much telling us he doesnt want to play here. He would only be signing because he has no other options. He's ****ed up big time. He isnt worth anywhere near the 100k plus a week its rumoured he wanted. He wasnt before all this, and he's worth less now. I wouldnt offer him more that 50 or 60k a week. He's a bench player and we need first teamers.
He's been treated poorly by them in my opinion.

Ultimately though, he's not featuring as much because Dembele is flying and when he's flying he's one of the best wingers in the world, so it's no great shame.

I just can't believe they helped ruin the momentum he built up by constantly making negative noises in the press, I reckon that contributed.

I also don't agree that he's ****ed up. This is his dream and he would always give himself the chance to say he played for Barca.

You might think he's a bench player but the reality is, IMO, he's better than all of our wingers right now, so until we get better I don't think you can say that. And, I don't see how we're going to get better when we've got no money.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You had me until “harmed our own chances”
Other than the bottles of baby oil piling up I don’t think we’ve noticed he’s gone

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"The problem is he's a very poor crosser of the ball. What good is a cross merchant who can't cross?

The first few games were a fluke and some of his crosses actually landed."

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ultimately though, he's not featuring as much because Dembele is flying and when he's flying he's one of the best wingers in the world, so it's no great shame.

I just can't believe they helped ruin the momentum he built up by constantly making negative noises in the press, I reckon that contributed.

I also don't agree that he's ****ed up. This is his dream and he would always give himself the chance to say he played for Barca.

You might think he's a bench player but the reality is, IMO, he's better than all of our wingers right now, so until we get better I don't think you can say that. And, I don't see how we're going to get better when we've got no money.
According to the fan boys, isnt Adama one of the best wingers in the world when he is playing well?

He made the choice to leave and put himself in that position, no sympathy for him at all. He did **** up. He chased bigger dollars and its backfired spectacularly. Just because he chased his dream ( which i have no issues with, i would have done the same ) doesnt mean its not been a huge mistake.

He really isnt our best winger. He's on a par with Hwang, and Trincao. They dont offer enough. We saw it when he was here. How we play he doesnt contribute enough. Even if you take his 4 assists for Barca this season, its still nowhere near enough for a wide attacker in the modern game. His record over a long period of time proves it.

Last edited:

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Someone else's fault again then. Just like the whole of his career?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the fan boys, isnt Adama one of the best wingers in the world when he is playing well?

He made the choice to leave and put himself in that position, no sympathy for him at all. He did **** up. He chased bigger dollars and its backfired spectacularly. Just because he chased his dream ( which i have no issues with, i would have done the same ) doesnt mean its not been a huge mistake.

He really isnt our best winger. He's on a par with Hwang, and Trincao. They dont offer enough. We saw it when he was here. How we play he doesnt contribute enough. Even if you take his 4 assists for Barca this season, its still nowhere near enough for a wide attacker in the modern game. His record over a long period of time proves it.
Unfortunately I think you have a clear agenda.

You claim he 'chased bigger dollars' when it was widely reported he took a pay-cut. Then you say he's on a par with Hwang and Trincao!!!

I agree he doesn't contribute enough in terms of goals and assists, although four assists for Barca in 13 appearances, which is actually around 6 full games when you look at minutes, is very good.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange comment to make.

Are you implying his career, that has taken him to 100+ Premier League appearances, to play for Spain and Barcelona, is a failure?

Traore constantly gets judged to different standards and I don't get why. Is it someone else's fault that Hwang is rubbish? Or Trincao? Or that Podence has a poor goals and assists return?

Virtually everyone in the game tells you Traore is a great lad and a good trainer, constantly trying to improve. Yet he gets scrutinised more than any individual at the club.

Also, he's been kept out by Dembele and Ferran Torres at Barcelona, it's not really an issue. Him not playing for Barcelona doesn't change much about what he's done/could do at Wolves.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the classic winger role he is outstanding - beat your man every time and pop a cross over.

Would have been great with McCarthy.

Difficulty is we and most sides don’t play with that big CF and a couple of big midfielders to flood box and get on end of it.

With the right side he will flourish.

Sadly not us and I will miss him (as will Wolves like against Newcastle) but time to move on.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think you have a clear agenda.

You claim he 'chased bigger dollars' when it was widely reported he took a pay-cut. Then you say he's on a par with Hwang and Trincao!!!

I agree he doesn't contribute enough in terms of goals and assists, although four assists for Barca in 13 appearances, which is actually around 6 full games when you look at minutes, is very good.

Yep, my agenda is he doesnt fit the system, simple as that. His record this year is 36 games, 1 goal, 4 assists. Thats pathetic for a so called top player. And this season and last season he is on a par with those two ( even though Hwang looks like he can finish ) because they dont offer anything either. Adama just offers nothing with a bit of excitement thrown in.

And he did chase bigger dollars. He took a paycut to get an opportunity, then he would have got the contract if he was good enough and he isnt. He took a calculated risk and it backfired.

If he comes back here, do you really think we are going to offer him a contract anywhere close to what we were? Everyone knows he doesnt want to be here, why take a player like that back?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the classic winger role he is outstanding - beat your man every time and pop a cross over.

Difficulty is we and most sides don’t play with that big CF and a couple of big midfielders to flood box and get on end of it.

Sadly not us and I will miss him (as will Wolves like against Newcastle) but time to move on.
Maybe Lage knows he is coming back and will sign the contract that was on offer, and that’s why he wants the “big no.9”; something different, other options?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thats what i think as well. In an old fashioned 442 he would be perfect. He's an out and out winger.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Lage knows he is coming back and will sign the contract that was on offer, and that’s why he wants the “big no.9”; something different, other options?

I wouldnt pay him anywhere near what he wanted. His stock as a player has fallen since we first offered him that contract.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Some people just think you have an agenda if you dont worship him and they dont like it if you are critical. His problem is just he is an out and out winger. Its what he does best and we dont play to suit what he is good at. Its nothing more than that. He hasnt adapted and improved to play as a wide attacker.

Reactions: DPE

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We dont know what he was offered or wanted.
He clearly wanted more than we were offering. And as i've said before, its not like we underpay players we want to keep. I'm still fairly confident we offered him 100k plus a week. He's been the only player who we tried to keep in their prime years who turned us down. It makes no sense at all we lowballed him.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange comment to make.

Are you implying his career, that has taken him to 100+ Premier League appearances, to play for Spain and Barcelona, is a failure?

Traore constantly gets judged to different standards and I don't get why. Is it someone else's fault that Hwang is rubbish? Or Trincao? Or that Podence has a poor goals and assists return?

Virtually everyone in the game tells you Traore is a great lad and a good trainer, constantly trying to improve. Yet he gets scrutinised more than any individual at the club.

Also, he's been kept out by Dembele and Ferran Torres at Barcelona, it's not really an issue. Him not playing for Barcelona doesn't change much about what he's done/could do at Wolves.

Your point about him being scrutinised more than anyone else is so accurate.

Had he played as Trincao did against Villa, wasteful and weak, he'd have been slated to no end. Yet that was supposedly one of Trincao's brighter performances.

There's a bloke who sits 3 rows in front of me who practically foams at the mouth in anger simply at Adama's existence. He sat there in literal silence when he scored against Southampton when 2 minutes before he was up calling him a useless ****ing ******* after he'd missed a good chance.

Ask any full back in the league who they'd rather play against and without exception not a single one would say Traore. I for one really hope he comes back. We've missed him, whether people choose to admit that or not. He's so much more than statistics. And being kept out of a gigantic clubs side by players like Dembele and Torres is hardly the evidence some think it is to suggest he's not a good player.

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He clearly wanted more than we were offering. And as i've said before, its not like we underpay players we want to keep. I'm still fairly confident we offered him 100k plus a week. He's been the only player who we tried to keep in their prime years who turned us down. It makes no sense at all we lowballed him.
He wanted to be one of our highest paid players and they’re on £100k a week so it makes zero sense he turned that down. Spiers also stated early in the negotiations that Wolves offer was miles away from what he wanted which would lead you to believe we lowballed him.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your point about him being scrutinised more than anyone else is so accurate.

Had he played as Trincao did against Villa, wasteful and weak, he'd have been slated to no end. Yet that was supposedly one of Trincao's brighter performances.

There's a bloke who sits 3 rows in front of me who practically foams at the mouth in anger simply at Adama's existence. He sat there in literal silence when he scored against Southampton when 2 minutes before he was up calling him a useless ****ing ******* after he'd missed a good chance.

Ask any full back in the league who they'd rather play against and without exception not a single one would say Traore. I for one really hope he comes back. We've missed him, whether people choose to admit that or not. He's so much more than statistics.

I dont reckon he is scrutinised more. Trinaco and Hwang rightly cop exactly the same criticisms Adama does. Whether you are a big fan of stats or not ( and im not ) all three of them have poor output. They might be decent players in another system, but they arent in ours.

Back
Top Bottom