Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stay OFF the pitch!

W

Westport Wolf

I know Kightley4England has already done a thread titled 'idiotic pitch invasion, but just thought I'd start another one specifically to ask 'fans' to PLEASE stay OFF the pitch next week against Doncaster.

Let the PLAYERS have their day, after all, they deserve it.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, let the players have their lap of honour and their reward for what has been a marvellous season. We had our fun v QPR, next week is the players' moment.

W

wolfyjoe

I think your probably targetting the wrong audience here.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Hopefully the rest of us fans will make our views known to the idiot minority by booing if they sing "on the pitch" again during the Doncaster game.

W

Westport Wolf

Wolfyjoe, maybe you're right. You'd think I should be targeting some hooligans on a hooligan website, yet the vast majority of fans at Barnsley today are season ticket holders and other regular attenders with far superior loyalty points than the rest of us. I'm hoping some of them actually come on here when they get back from the match.

W

wolfyjoe

Wolfyjoe, maybe you're right. You'd think I should be targeting some hooligans on a hooligan website, yet the vast majority of fans at Barnsley today are season ticket holders and other regular attenders with far superior loyalty points than the rest of us. I'm hoping some of them actually come on here when they get back from the match.

Yeah, I guess you're right, but I'd hope that the majority on here would not condone another pitch invasion at the Molineux. I just really want to know if that **** who pushed McCarthy is a Barnsley or Wolves fan. If he was a Wolves supporter then that's a disgrace!

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally Totally agree - next week is the Players day let them come out on the pitch and lap it up. We should all stay in the stands and sing our bloody heads off (especially the South Bank - Middle Bit)

Well Bloody made up and cant wait to see the Blue Noses on Monday

16Matt16

To be fair to the majority of our support we booed those who went on after the goal.

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone want to be against Mick making a short speech about this before the game starts?

O

Oyvay

Last week's pitch invasion was fair enough but today's is pants. It just gives that Express bloke Mick Dennis a chnace to say "Told you So"

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone want to be against Mick making a short speech about this before the game starts?

I think there will be enough quotes in the papers. Thing is the ones to target wont be in till 10 past kick off!!!

Please all stay off the pitch!!!!

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just really want to know if that **** who pushed McCarthy is a Barnsley or Wolves fan. If he was a Wolves supporter then that's a disgrace!

He just appeared to be kissing Mick on Sky Sports News

P

PabloWolfo

Agree with this thread, we've done the pitch invasion, another one would almost be embarrassing, frankly. I think I've gone the opposite way to most fans and I've binned off my Donny tickets, replaced by a weekend in Fort William!

Although I'd kinda like to show my appreciation to the players, now there's nothing to play for, the Doncaster game has taken on the significance of a pre season friendly...

L

Langdale Wolf

Just got back - exhausted, but what a day!!

I don't think we'll see a pitch invasion next Sunday - I bloody hope not any way.

How about this for an idea - the presentation takes place BEFORE the game? Surely that's the only way to ensure the trophy gets presented in front of the fans, but there won't be the outburst of emotion when a goal is scored/full time is blown.

We shouldn't have to do this - stay in your seats, keep off the pitch and let the players have THEIR moment. The fans have hads theirs - twice now. Once should have been enough.

P

PeteWolf

Whilst I generally agree with the sentiment, am I the only one getting increasingly more tempted to go on the pitch just to $$$$ off the self-righteous part-timers on here :rolleyes:

L

Langdale Wolf

Whilst I generally agree with the sentiment, am I the only one getting increasingly more tempted to go on the pitch just to $$$$ off the self-righteous part-timers on here :rolleyes:

Yeah you go right ahead and ruin it for the vast majority who want to give the players and management the send off they deserve.

It's not about being self-righteous, it's about having a bit of respect for the team who have just won the title - the team we're supposed to support.

W

Westport Wolf

Petewolf, it's like this...

Yeah you go right ahead and ruin it for the vast majority who want to give the players and management the send off they deserve.

It's not about being self-righteous, it's about having a bit of respect for the team who have just won the title - the team we're supposed to support.

And as for us on here being part-timers, who won't be there... Many of us live overseas for a whole variety of reasons. Many of us, myself included have been regulars for many years until our circumstances changed and while we might not pay to watch Wolves every week, what we pay in travel costs and personal time going to a few matches per season, probably equals what the locals pay to watch every week.

P

PeteWolf

It's not your message Westport, it's the self-righteous pointlessness of it and all the other similar ones.

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes you are

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Please do. I'd love to see you get arrested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

You can invade the pitch together. Then you can get booed by me and the other 26,000 Wolves fans who don't want your efforts to relive some weird boyhood dream of pitch invasions to overshadow the team and management.

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think there will be a hardcore that will be determined to go on the pitch - it's up to Wolves to organise enough stewards and police to stop them. Just relying on people's good nature isn't going to work.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Mick McCarthy wants us on the pitch:

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~1639439,00.html

If you want people to stay off the pitch, you hate Mick McCarthy. Fact.

Wow. Using website typos to back up your opinion.

staw-bale.jpg

There's a few more for you to clutch at.

W

Westport Wolf

I don't think what people are asking for is self righteous or pointless Pete, All they (and me) are asking is that fans respect the players right to celebrate without us marrauding on the pitch. Unfortunately, you can't copy and paste from wolves.co.uk otherwise i'd have added Mick's quote. He's asked fans not to come on the pitch next week as if they do, the players will go off the pitch and will not be recieving the trophy in the directors box. Mick also says that it's actually quite uncomfortable for players to be mobbed by the fans, have their shirts pulled off and be slapped on the back. They don't want it and neither does he. Mick would also like the players to walk around the pitch with their young families and celebrate the success in a family atmosphere. See this link for more...
http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~1639439,00.html

L

Langdale Wolf

There was a pitch invasion v QPR. There was a pitch invasion v Barnsley. Why the hell do people WANT to have yet another v Doncaster?!

There won't be the 'outpouring of relief' next Sunday - we've won the title, nothing left to win. Yes, let's go mad if we score, let's dance and conga around when the players do their lap of honour, let's all sing 'Ebanks-Blake is the Wanderers Number 9' like we did today - but there's plenty of room to do that from the stands.

If running onto the pitch is the only way you know how to celebrate such a wonderful season, I would suggest reading Molineux Mix isn't appropriate - instead, try the pop-up edition of Spot the Dog.

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Please don't reply to PeteWolf's posts, he's just trolling as per usual.

P

PeteWolf

Please don't reply to PeteWolf's posts, he's just trolling as per usual.
To be fair, I'm not actually trolling. Certain people are just so thick and removed from the actual match that they can't comprehend a jokey comment.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not about whether running on the pitch was the right thing to do - it's the hysterical over reaction to an event that has no bearing on the one thing that unifies us.
I fully support staying in the stands - I would have preferred it had happened today but the vitriol is totally out of proportion.

W

Westport Wolf

A lovely video posted on youtube by a barnsley fan
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAGd_z0tTsw"]YouTube - Barnsley v wolves pitch invasion[/ame]

Back
Top Bottom