Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stay Calm and Carry On Thread

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
A little perspective is required I think

We have a new manager who has had a disrupted last few weeks trying to get the team to develop a new style of play and is learning about players with every game.

We are a new team with new players all getting used to each other and for a few the demands of the English game, and just a little short of match fitness.

We are without three key players at the mo, Henry, Foley and O'Hara. I also think Mouyokolo could make an impact and although Ikeme has started well we still have Hennessy to come back.

Remember there's a lot of the squad who have to get into winning habits and once momentum comes it'll return.

We also have the loan window available to us and a manager who will bring in players if he thinks they're needed.

We have lost 2 out of 4 games there is such a long way to go.

PS if you want to bring everyone down with your pessimism there's plenty of other threads to inhabit.

Still Proud and Still Confident

Sent from my brain using some software or other...

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We have a new manager who has had a disrupted last few weeks trying to get the team to develop a new style of play and is learning about players with every game.

We are a new team with new players all getting used to each other and for a few the demands of the English game, and just a little short of match fitness.

We are without three key players at the mo, Henry, Foley and O'Hara. I also think Mouyokolo could make an impact and although Ikeme has started well we still have Hennessy to come back.

Remember there's a lot of the squad who have to get into winning habits and once momentum comes it'll return.

We also have the loan window available to us and a manager who will bring in players if he thinks they're needed.

PS if you want to bring everyone down with your pessimism there's plenty of other threads to inhabit.

Cloud cuckoo post.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose Reading still won the title despite only winning 2 of their first 8 fixtures and having 8 points from 8...

Reaction score
Cloud cuckoo post.

Sorry superfan you must know more than the likes of me, I defer to your superior knowledge of the game, we're done for sack him now.

Honestly I think your response says all we need to know about you

J

Jpwwfc

Same old post loss excuses

M

MonkeySpanner

We have a lot of ifs I agree but the thing that I can't stomach is that yet again we have gone through a transfer window without devoting attention to our back four. This has been a problem since McCarthy took over and just has never been corrected. If Berra had gone, and he's not even that great Stearman would be our first CD alongside Johnson. Is that acceptable? I don't think so.

Even a novice could see our defense is not good enough even for the championship, hasn't been for a long time and will ship goals all season long.

J

Jpwwfc

If you'd rather go stand on the edge of a precipice with the rest of them feel free

Sorry just feeling really frustrated, thought we would kick on After midweek win, I was looking forward to seeing more of new players but same old losing feeling

Reaction score
We have Foley and Margrietter to come in I agree to being a little underwhelmed about the attention to the defence but he tried and we didn't get the recruits we wanted, there's the loan market to come and I think there may be one or two options once the Premiership 25's have been named.

Time to just keep our heads a little

Nero wolf

Reaction score
Same old BS.
We are expected to carry on playing like this?
We are not Walsall last time I checked.
I hear this from alot of lessknowing fans,no panic and transision and not to expect anything this season and on and on.
It is BS...anyone with half a brain can see for themselves.
Instead of sounding like you are on Jez Moxeys payroll..let´s see what the team serves us up with hey?
Garbage,they serves us garbage..and the only thing to look out for this season is that line separating the bottom three teams from the rest.
We are rowing in $$$$ creek without a paddle.
A child can see it,and no french leftovers will correct it.

wolves4life

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

100% agree with your assessment, no need for panic, the team is in transition and will take time to gel, most patient fans understand this.

Don't worry about the naysayers, they'll all disappear again when we start winning.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same old BS.
I hear this from alot of lessknowing fans,no panic and transision and not to expect anything this season and on and on.
Instead of sounding like you are on Jez Moxeys payroll..let´s see what the team serves us up with hey?
Garbage,they serves us garbage..and the only thing to look out for this season is that line separating the bottom three teams from the rest.

Good post, a reality check.

Reaction score
Jesus, Ferguson wouldn't have lasted two minutes here.

This guy figured out the Champions League with a Danish team. Give him a break and stop bleating on like a 10 year old who's only ever watched the game on the telly.

W

Wulfhere

If it feels like $$$$, tastes like $$$$ and smells like $$$$ it is normally because it is $$$$.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same old BS.

You're a pint half empty man aren't you?!:D

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with the OP but like i said most on here would still moan even if we had the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Thiago Silva

M

MK Panther

It is a disappointing result, surprised, as noted we still have fought shy to build the defence, after many seasons and we are still building the attack.

We were down with 10 or more games to go and yet we sat on our hands as far as I could see. It may be that we will not have a good enough team for the top table for a couple of seasons.

I am not panicking yet, sometimes I get the feeling Jez Moxey has too much influence around how we play which has not changed since he has been around, just my thought, I hope I am wrong.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same old BS.

Good post, a reality check.

No it's not - it's reactionary pant-wetting of the highest order. We got well beaten by one of the favourites for promotion with a team that has never played together before. Yes it was poor but suggesting we'll be fighting relegation is pathetic.

Nero wolf

Reaction score
No it's not - it's reactionary pant-wetting of the highest order. We got well beaten by one of the favourites for promotion with a team that has never played together before. Yes it was poor but suggesting we'll be fighting relegation is pathetic.

I am a pint half full guy,provided the glass is close to half full that is.
I ain´t naive though.
We won´t be relegated,,but we will be closer to the bottom three than most realises at this point.
$$$$,most thought we were gonna win direct promotion or at the very least finish top six.
It won´t happen,I am telling you.
And you can put that in the bank,Hank.

thehistorymakers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A real Wolves supporter .Supporters ,support through thick and thin.Good post mate.

The_Ned

Reaction score
I have to say, I'm getting concerned Stale hasn't addressed our fundamental issues - no creative CM (in fact, he let Milijas go) and no decent full backs. But we seem to be retaining possession much better, so promise is being shown.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am a pint half full guy,provided the glass is close to half full that is.
I ain´t naive though.
We won´t be relegated,,but we will be closer to the bottom three than most realises at this point.
$$$$,most thought we were gonna win direct promotion or at the very least finish top six.
It won´t happen,I am telling you.
And you can put that in the bank,Hank.

Most fans I know thought promotion would be a tough ask and that a transformation will take time. This was always going to be a tough game but sadly I'm not surprised at the over-reaction on here.

Reaction score
Just heard a couple of callers on WM, good job they had no rope nearby.

Here's my prediction, we'll finish in the playoffs at least. The clubs that go up will find form after Christmas and pull away.

Until then print this out and hit it a few times, it'll make the next few months a lot easier

panic-button.jpg

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If everyone stays calm and carries on with this it will be successive relegations again.

Still too early of course but there are one or two early questions which might be asked of Stale.

I posted on another thread that he is quoted as saying,

' But we've managed to do some sensible deals and I hope it will work out'
That does not sound too confident I suggest.

He also said that we should be OK with the current midfield without additions. Surely not. Henry out, O'Hara out. What is left? Roughly what was on offer today.

The same defence as last year? Why? Ikeme is doing a 'Hen' in keeping down the goals against.

One of the main things though is Stale will not be a 'Mick' in terms of team spirit. In view of that then the 'technical' side to him must compensate, and so the players must be good enough to carry that out.

Of course time is needed. But the complete shambles of the last twelve months might mean he doesn't have it.

In three of the four league games so far a win looked just too much of an ask, and the Barnsley game had Jarvis in it causing plenty of threat down the left.

The start to the season looks more relegation than safety or promotion. Both in terms of results and performances.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If everyone stays calm and carries on with this it will be successive relegations again.

Still too early of course but there are one or two early questions which might be asked of Stale.

I posted on another thread that he is quoted as saying,

' But we've managed to do some sensible deals and I hope it will work out'
That does not sound too confident I suggest.

He also said that we should be OK with the current midfield without additions. Surely not. Henry out, O'Hara out. What is left? Roughly what was on offer today.

The same defence as last year? Why? Ikeme is doing a 'Hen' in keeping down the goals against.

One of the main things though is Stale will not be a 'Mick' in terms of team spirit. In view of that then the 'technical' side to him must compensate, and so the players must be good enough to carry that out.

Of course time is needed. But the complete shambles of the last twelve months might mean he doesn't have it.

In three of the four league games so far a win looked just too much of an ask, and the Barnsley game had Jarvis in it causing plenty of threat down the left.

The start to the season looks more relegation than safety or promotion. Both in terms of results and performances.

Nice post BNW. With a fair-minded hat on I think we have to see what, if any, loan signings are made and that should tell us if SS sees the same issues we do. I'm sure he must do, mustn't he?

M

Mr Wolf

I'm cant stand all the give it time, we have a new style, players need to get used to Stlaes tactics etc type posts. He won't get time and even the worst of managers can get a full back stop wasting every $$$$ing ball or the forwards to actually create a chance.

You people expecting a 2-3 year plan and turnaround of players are in for a shock. It just doesn't work like that, you don't spend 3 years in this division then all of a sudden have the team to win the league. You just become another Coventry or Middlesbrough.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still proud I think you wanna be saying that down Molineux in 5 games time when we still only muster 3 shots all being 12-18 yard headers bobbling to the keeper

Nero wolf

Reaction score
Most fans I know thought promotion would be a tough ask and that a transformation will take time. This was always going to be a tough game but sadly I'm not surprised at the over-reaction on here.

And I am not surprised to encounter fellow fans that says that gold and green woods is just up the road.
Heard it all last season mate,and while it is understanable while supporting a team that reality sometimes takes the back seat..doesn´t make it right though.
We are a club that in modern history has done more faults that rights.
While I respect your opinion of that Ståle probably is the best thing since Jaffa cakes..and that Jez cannot do no wrong..you should at least be able to look at the team and see how they play.
Our defence?
Our lightweight midfield?
Give over..$$$$ doesnt smell like roses even in Wolverhampton.
Unfortunately.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great post SP. Ignore the others.

M

Metro Wolf 2007

Just back from a day out. We've just lost to Cardiff. I've read this thread. Seems like some think the sky is falling in.

We were never going to take this league by storm, that's cloud cuckoo land. Far too early for snap judgements, need 10-15 games.

Let's see how we do at home next game eh?

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice post BNW. With a fair-minded hat on I think we have to see what, if any, loan signings are made and that should tell us if SS sees the same issues we do. I'm sure he must do, mustn't he?

The club have gambled on appointing a manager only to turn it around, without, it would seem, any sort of cogent football plan.

Stale may see things the same way but will he be able to do anything about it?

Relying on loan signings will only be stop gap stuff.

The astounding thing is that the season has started with more-or-less the same defensive options as last year, the same back room staff with one exception and the same CEO pulling the strings.

Another six games like the last four and the alarm bells should start ringing.

W

Wulfhere

I am quite happy to give it time as long as there are some indications that there is something to work and improve on. At the moment giving it time just looks like blind optimism. We are not passing the ball, we are giving it away, I do not see any improvement in our style of play at all. We are playing with an higher line in defence, but we do not have the players to play that way. We are playing with Doyle and SEB up front which we decided two seasons ago just does not work. The lack of any attacking ideas minus Jarvis and Kightly is worrying. All in all it is very depressing and other than KH returning to the midfield and at least bring some oder and stability it is difficult to see where the improvement is going to come from.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I am not surprised to encounter fellow fans that says that gold and green woods is just up the road.
Heard it all last season mate,and while it is understanable while supporting a team that reality sometimes takes the back seat..doesn´t make it right though.
We are a club that in modern history has done more faults that rights.
While I respect your opinion of that Ståle probably is the best thing since Jaffa cakes..and that Jez cannot do no wrong..you should at least be able to look at the team and see how they play.
Our defence?
Our lightweight midfield?
Give over..$$$$ doesnt smell like roses even in Wolverhampton.
Unfortunately.

If you were a Man U fan you'd have been calling for Fergie to be sacked after 70 minutes today.

Changing style of play will take time and I understand that, you obviously do not. Pointless debating further!

Nero wolf

Reaction score
The club have gambled on appointing a manager only to turn it around, without, it would seem, any sort of cogent football plan.

The astounding thing is that the season has started with more-or-less the same defensive options as last year, the same back room staff with one exception and the same CEO pulling the strings.

Some common sense at last.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

With regards to the defensive options BNW, do you think this was Solbakken's choice to stick more or less with what we had last year or is it a case of the board not supporting him? I don't claim to be in the know but it looks as if he has been backed for all of his main targets in the transfer window. We (understandably) missed out on Demidov and Geromel but I can't recall us being linked with too many full-backs.

I (perhaps naively) still think that once Henry and Foley return to the side and the new players have time to gel that we will be in or around the play-offs.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know how many times I've said this but with our current policy in terms of finances and our current CEO we will never become an established Premier League side. That is all ;)

Back
Top Bottom