Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember the time when we thought Fosun were going to redevelop Molineux into a statement stadium with a revolutionary design - if they ever feel that way in the future think this looking out over the Subway and the Ring Rd in the corner of the South Bank/Steve Bull would be just up out street......

View attachment 35575
Crikey!!
If that was the first thing I clocked coming out of the subway, it would scare the crap out of me !

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember the time when we thought Fosun were going to redevelop Molineux into a statement stadium with a revolutionary design - if they ever feel that way in the future think this looking out over the Subway and the Ring Rd in the corner of the South Bank/Steve Bull would be just up out street......

View attachment 35575
Careful what you wish for. Do you remember West Ham's turrets? Looked more like a Lego castle than an imposing fortification.

Bursaspor planned for a ferocious crocodile entrance at their new stadium, looks more like a slightly concerned slow worm.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Careful what you wish for. Do you remember West Ham's turrets? Looked more like a Lego castle than an imposing fortification.

Bursaspor planned for a ferocious crocodile entrance at their new stadium, looks more like a slightly concerned slow worm.
Can't believe this passed me by. I'd love a Wolf equivalent to be fair! Sad I'm reduced to fantasizing about a roof for the SW corner.

7327f9925aec72fe7f2558f7bf081f4a.png

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway, when`s that SE corner getting done..oh just remembered the 3 year planning permission run-out in May:D Lets all make excuses, when many other clubs are just cracking on.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway, when`s that SE corner getting done..oh just remembered the 3 year planning permission run-out in May:D Lets all make excuses, when many other clubs are just cracking on.
Not that difficult to re-apply for planning permission for a scheme that has already received approval.
As long as planning laws/ requirements havent changed, which i doubt they have.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not that difficult to re-apply for planning permission for a scheme that has already received approval.
As long as planning laws/ requirements havent changed, which i doubt they have.
Ah that`s ok then

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mental. Would have paid for itself ages ago.

Nige

Reaction score
Fosun have no interest in developing the ground or would of don't it years ago..
Remember we are only 3 years away now from the ten year plan of being the next man City!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
hmmm...so, some would have preferred, a possible half empty 50,000 seat stadium in the Championship, or lower

...and no $100m to spend on players in the season just gone...

...not to mention the FFP & the pandemic issues

R

reanswolf

I think any notion of reconstruction was shelved when we rubbished (thankfully) the idea of a totally new ground by the M54.

May as well bin this thread to the wastebin sadly. Can’t ever see the Steve Bull being redeveloped as the playing side inevitably takes priority.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I think any notion of reconstruction was shelved when we rubbished (thankfully) the idea of a totally new ground by the M54.

May as well bin this thread to the wastebin sadly. Can’t ever see the Steve Bull being redeveloped as the playing side inevitably takes priority.
Indeed, and for all Molineux's issues and frustrations I think the number of fans who would rather we had a Ricoh style effort by the M54 is tiny.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
The building of the SE corner stand would`nt have broke the bank
I recall it was 750k Cosham. Although 500 extra seats are very welcome, if nothing else is happening.. a Premier League club with two uncovered temp stands is not the best is it!? Our poor fans sat there in the middle of winter!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I feel like the proposed re-modelling of the Steve Bull was probably the end of any chance of a SE corner. The weather there would have been much less of an issue though.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
I feel like the proposed re-modelling of the Steve Bull was probably the end of any chance of a SE corner. The weather there would have been much less of an issue though.
Probably is the case SYHO. But there's been no update since May 2022 when Russell Jones talked about remodeling the Steve Bull Stand to Johnny Phillips in the Ask Wolves session.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chicken and egg situation, need a new stadium to really kick on, don't appear to have owners who fancy coughing up, if they didn't do it when rates were virtually nil, they ain't doing it now.
Shame as it was all Jeff's talk that started the fans fervour.
Unless Wolverhampton gets awarded the Commonwelath or Olympic games I think we have had it lol

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chicken and egg situation, need a new stadium to really kick on, don't appear to have owners who fancy coughing up, if they didn't do it when rates were virtually nil, they ain't doing it now.
Shame as it was all Jeff's talk that started the fans fervour.
Unless Wolverhampton gets awarded the Commonwelath or Olympic games I think we have had it lol
Jeff and Fosun can't even maintain the current stadium, which quite frankly is a disgrace.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have they not even done any paint work over the summer?
They were going to but Podence borrowed Jeff's step ladder to water his hanging baskets and hasn't returned it yet. If he leaves with them the club may have to buy Jeff some more ladders so he can brush some Dulux "Sunset Gold" paint on the Steve Bull fascias!

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The new version of FFP, now termed Financial Sustainability, means that Premier clubs will be limited to 70% of turnover being spent on player wages, transfer fees and agents fees. This more or less guarantees clubs operating with a profit over any three year period.

Maybe this will be the trigger for Fosun to finally move their **** on expanding and improving the ground. Very belatedly.

A terrible decision, that has largely squandered the best opportunity in a generation to secure and enlarge the club's active supporter base, and global profile.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Stop being so negative,just because we’re not doing anything to the ground,dow equate to them selling up.FFS

I am the most positive person I know, but who wouldn't be suspect with the history of broken promises and new horizons since year dot,
So yes I am negative when it comes to the Wolves, must admit to getting used to it now,

Last edited:

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The new version of FFP, now termed Financial Sustainability, means that Premier clubs will be limited to 70% of turnover being spent on player wages, transfer fees and agents fees. This more or less guarantees clubs operating with a profit over any three year period.

Maybe this will be the trigger for Fosun to finally move their **** on expanding and improving the ground. Very belatedly.

A terrible decision, that has largely squandered the best opportunity in a generation to secure and enlarge the club's active supporter base, and global profile.
Should have added that this capping of wages etc, is phased in over the next three seasons, starting with 23/24.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

I'd like to see the ground expanded and the SB stand sorted out, but it probably doesn't make much sense financially. If they increased the capacity to 40k, and filled it every week with season ticket holders from the waiting list, that would probably bring in less than £5m per year in extra income, compared to TV revenues of £100m+.

Last edited:

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see the ground expanded and the SB stand sorted out, but it probably doesn't make much sense financially. If they increased the capacity to 40k, and filled it every week with season ticket holders from the waiting list, that would probably bring in less then £5m per year in extra income, compared to TV revenues of £100m+.
If stadium income was so important the Glazers would have re-developed Old Trafford years ago (with someone else's money of course). The fact they haven't shows of how little importance they consider the stadium to be.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I get what you’re saying but it all sounds very ungrateful. They’ve spent 100s of millions on wolves, giving us some of the best players in 4 decades and sustained top level football. Fosun are heavily leveraged into the banks, owing billions currently im sure the idea of spending another £200-300 million hasn’t looked that attractive to them

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
I've completely given up on any idea of a new stadium now Phil.

: (
Considering everything Jeff Shi spoke about on stadium redevelopment, and more recently Russell Jones on a nine stage plan for the Steve Bull Stand, it is disappointing to see no movement until now, on phase one. If no major rebuild is in sight, too expensive etc, okay. Then at least add two permanent quadrants, if possible to do so, on each side of the South Bank and cover them with an extended roof.

Back
Top Bottom