Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sit on the Steve Bull and usually get in my seat early. On Saturday at half time I made a very rare venture to the toilet.

The queue was so long that the match had kicked of for the second half before I managed to return to my seat.

Are these facilities suitable for an aspiring top Premier League Club? No they are not. The stand and facilities are out of date and need improvement.

Not sure where you sit, but top tip - go to the loos down by J1, I sit in J10, and find it quicker to push my way through all the way along the length of the stand, use those loos, and get back to my seat rather than trying to use the loos nearer my seat.

The Steve Bull stand facilities are atrocious and need updating ASAP.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure where you sit, but top tip - go to the loos down by J1, I sit in J10, and find it quicker to push my way through all the way along the length of the stand, use those loos, and get back to my seat rather than trying to use the loos nearer my seat.

Good God.... I used to sit in J1 and access to the loos was awful. The mind boggles about just how bad the ones in J10 are for you to have issued that advice....

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With new Man Utd owners likely before the end of the season, and it recognised that Old Trafford needs serious investment, this unofficial video shows three potential options based on expansion, redevelopment and a brand new stadium similar to Spurs. Can’t say I’m a fan of the redevelopment design - aka the bedpan!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone see the very brief snippet on the interview with our Sporting Director where he references upgrading the stadium?

Yeah, funnily I just watched it. Only the briefest of mentions, but stated as one of many other things that he’d like to see progressed along with the investment in the first team, which has (rightly) been his initial focus.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone see the very brief snippet on the interview with our Sporting Director where he references upgrading the stadium?

I know I am ABSOLUTELY clutching at straws here but I'd like to think they wouldn't have mentioned that unless something was in the works? even if it's super long term.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are easily selling out for less glamorous teams like Bournemouth so finding more capacity is a must, even for Bournemouth we would sell out at 35k, so in my opinion a 40k Stadium is target Geoff and co have to achieve somehow. I'v struggled to get a ticket for tomorrow and even now haven't got one, it's weird I got one pretty easily enough for the Liverpool game but can't get one for Bournemouth, just shows how having a decent result or two gets the interest of fans flowing again.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I sit in J9 right by the entry tunnel, I might give it a try.

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
They need to do something, sat in Graham Hughes’s today, queued all half time for a drink and pie, gave up, as second half started. I just stood there thinking, it’s been like this for 20 years, with all the millions that have passed through, and we are siting in a crap stand the same as bloody Gillingham, thank god it didn’t rain. Sorry Wolves you are taking the Pi#s with this stand

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
They need to do something, sat in Graham Hughes’s today, queued all half time for a drink and pie, gave up, as second half started. I just stood there thinking, it’s been like this for 20 years, with all the millions that have passed through, and we are siting in a crap stand the same as bloody Gillingham, thank god it didn’t rain. Sorry Wolves you are taking the Pi#s with this stand
Maybe due to when tickets went on sale and other reasons but I noticed there were good numbers of empty seats in the BW and SB lower that were empty (maybe not unsold however) yet the GH looked full today. Blocks of two, the or more too not just singles.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe due to when tickets went on sale and other reasons but I noticed there were good numbers of empty seats in the BW and SB lower that were empty (maybe not unsold however) yet the GH looked full today. Blocks of two, the or more too not just singles.
Was weird for a supposed sell out there were a fair few empty seats.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
When you look at the BW prices it's not surprising that the non-STH seats don't sell easily. The corner is crap, but at least it's relatively affordable.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Molineux will have 8,253 standing seats after we were granted the license to operate safe standing at our stadium.

As Clive's post above, but without having to read the complete article. :)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Don't see what all the fuss is about, I've been safe standing since I was two years old!!

Seriously though, how ridiculous that the club had to install rail seats and apply for a licence for people to be able to legally stand at a sports event! Really does make my blood boil that they think we need to have their (the Government's not the Club's) permission to stand up. Somehow we've been managing for decades without the need for a ****ing certificate.

Howlin’ Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Have I read that correctly, capacity won't increase then?
Yes, just replaced existing seats with new rail seating. My company produce the colour used in the injection moulded seats - we did the original 16500 replacements four years ago too. Nice business for a Wolves supporting business to have!! There’s normally a bit of extra demand after Leeds or Liverpool have been in town too!

Sirstancullis

Reaction score

I do exactly the same.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Don't see what all the fuss is about, I've been safe standing since I was two years old!!

Seriously though, how ridiculous that the club had to install rail seats and apply for a licence for people to be able to legally stand at a sports event! Really does make my blood boil that they think we need to have their (the Government's not the Club's) permission to stand up. Somehow we've been managing for decades without the need for a ****ing certificate.
One of those great linguistic cons. 'Safe standing' as opposed to the normally extremely dangerous practice of standing up.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A new half time entertainment game called 'Dangerous Standing'. A fan stands on the centre spot surrounded by bear traps and is prodded from various angles by an opposition fan with a ****ty stick. If they last 30 seconds they win a signed replica third shirt. If we don't do it a Japanese game show will.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A new half time entertainment game called 'Dangerous Standing'. A fan stands on the centre spot surrounded by bear traps and is prodded from various angles by an opposition fan with a ****ty stick. If they last 30 seconds they win a signed replica third shirt. If we don't do it a Japanese game show will.
Or they remove the barrier in the front row, the last man standing wins a prize. Just imagine the gasps from the crowd as we watch the death defying contestants trying to remain on their feet for 15 minutes without a barrier.

Joking aside, I've had some rather uncomfortable injuries caused by pile-ons without a barrier. Grazed shins are no laughing matter.

But if the government think I can safely stand on a moving bus or train but not in a stationary stadium, should they really be running the country?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Best comment I've seen on this from Facebook....

Poster 1, "I wouldn't go in safe standing as want a clear view, not with poles in front of me"
Poster 2, "Most of the Poles have season tickets in the Billy Wright, so it shouldn't be a problem....."

Arcadius

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the entire South Bank will be rail seat standing?

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s always been safe to stand in my opinion, the crowd control OUTSIDE the stadium was always the problem

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s always been safe to stand in my opinion, the crowd control OUTSIDE the stadium was always the problem
It’s never been safe to stand in seated areas. I’ve witnessed a number of occasions young kids being knocked to the ground and flattered by 18 stone blokes from the row behind.

The bars have now made things miles safer and I’m shocked this hasn’t been bought in sooner.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s never been safe to stand in seated areas. I’ve witnessed a number of occasions young kids being knocked to the ground and flattered by 18 stone blokes from the row behind.

The bars have now made things miles safer and I’m shocked this hasn’t been bought in sooner.
Absolutely agree but some on here seem to think that routinely standing on mass, in a boisterous situation, with a trip/ fall hazard at probably knee height, rather than having a steel rail in front of you designed to take your weight at waist/ chest height is no risk whatsoever. Astonishing really.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Molineux will have 8,253 standing seats after we were granted the license to operate safe standing at our stadium.

As Clive's post above, but without having to read the complete article. :)
With a clampdown on standing in other areas to come....

Back
Top Bottom