Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awesome, can't compare ourselves to them in any way shape or form but I see your point. We won't see anything remotely state of art in its current location imo.

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
Well, West Ham are ploughing ahead, increasing their stadium capacity to 62,500, the first step towards ultimately 67,000 after recent works..
Hopefully, Guo will take a hint, and redevelop Molineux, better facilities and a bigger capacity, otherwise we'll fall well behind a non Big Six club.
I know the London Stadium isn't a perfect football stadium but the Hammers seem to be growing into it, on the back of better results on the pitch.
Definitely, Guo might be able to lobby Bojo and co to have a ready made molineux replacement developed for us under the guise it's for the Birmingham Commonwealth games. We just need to make sure he does this correctly so it's near Wolverhampton. A free tax payer and FFP free stadium. That means we can concentrate on improving the squad. We might even be able to get David Moyes in if Lage fails.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely, Guo might be able to lobby Bojo and co to have a ready made molineux replacement developed for us under the guise it's for the Birmingham Commonwealth games. We just need to make sure he does this correctly so it's near Wolverhampton. A free tax payer and FFP free stadium. That means we can concentrate on improving the squad. We might even be able to get David Moyes in if Lage fails.
Not sure if this is tongue in cheek, but preparation for the games is already well under way.

Alexander Stadium:
KWzx1AK.jpg

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At some point in the near future there has to come the realisation that Molinuex in it's current guise is holding us back. It's not big enough and it doesn't have the corporate facilities of other top clubs (which is where the real income is).

I suspect at some point soon, once the pandemic is firmly in the rear view mirror, we'll start to hear grumbles about a complete new build somewhere - I don't know where, but that would financially make the most sense for doing what Fosun want to do.
Someone needs to put a call into these guys
p05skcny.jpg

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, West Ham are ploughing ahead, increasing their stadium capacity to 62,500, the first step towards ultimately 67,000 after recent works..
Hopefully, Guo will take a hint, and redevelop Molineux, better facilities and a bigger capacity, otherwise we'll fall well behind a non Big Six club.
I know the London Stadium isn't a perfect football stadium but the Hammers seem to be growing into it, on the back of better results on the pitch.

Too soon West Ham. Although they only look like cosmetic changes

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's some baseless hearsay for y'all. Several friends seem to have all heard the same rumour. These include admin staff at the club, council office workers and Police.

They've not stated this as fact, only rumour. I'm only passing it on as rumour. Don't @me...

Maybe this has been mentioned before but I've not seen it. Fosun have bought a very large site at i54, big enough for a stadium...

Everyone that's heard this seems to agree, that it's not with the intention of actually building one, but to use as leverage in seeking joint funding for the existing site at Molineux.

Fosun plan to secure funding from the council and are threatening to leave the City if they don't get it...

During the conversation lots was said about reasons for the delay in negotiations... Covid, China embargoing foreign investment and current council projects... namely the Civic Hall.

Just passing on what I've heard. I'm not lying, it may not be true. Don't get all ****y about it. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's some baseless hearsay for y'all. Several friends seem to have all heard the same rumour. These include admin staff at the club, council office workers and Police.

They've not stated this as fact, only rumour. I'm only passing it on as rumour. Don't @me...

Maybe this has been mentioned before but I've not seen it. Fosun have bought a very large site at i54, big enough for a stadium...

Everyone that's heard this seems to agree, that it's not with the intention of actually building one, but to use as leverage in seeking joint funding for the existing site at Molineux.

Fosun plan to secure funding from the council and are threatening to leave the City if they don't get it...

During the conversation lots was said about reasons for the delay in negotiations... Covid, China embargoing foreign investment and current council projects... namely the Civic Hall.

Just passing on what I've heard. I'm not lying, it may not be true. Don't get all ****y about it. Has anyone else heard anything similar?
Interesting. So it sounds like they could be trying the same tactics they use in the USA when NFL teams want a new stadium. Of course, if true. Couldn't the council just block any planning permission on the i54 or is that a different jurisdiction? Interesting non the less. Thanks for the info.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting. So it sounds like they could be trying the same tactics they use in the USA when NFL teams want a new stadium. Of course, if true. Couldn't the council just block any planning permission on the i54 or is that a different jurisdiction? Interesting non the less. Thanks for the info.
Pretty sure that it's outside Wolvo. Even if it wasn't, if Fosun appeal to central government and win, which is highly likely, it would get very very expensive very fast for the council/council taxpayers....

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Too much political spin and speculation imho about our great club!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outside of their jurisdiction. Genius. It's clear the club and the council have to work together. Wolves are the lifeblood of the City. Losing them would be catastrophic.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If everyone knows about it won’t the council just call their bluff?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is said road referred to as “i54” ?

Isn’t that an Americanism?
Meaning “interstate 54” ?

Don’t we call them motorways this side of the pond? Thus M54??

(Genuine question as I think I’ve seen it referred to elsewhere as i54)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's the name of the business park next to the M54.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

i54 is an industrial estate adjacent to the M54

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Its not a road. Its the business park on jct 2 of the M54.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bluff? What bluff? If they refuse to put their hand in their pocket then Fosun move Wolves and it's the council's fault.

Wolverhampton needs Wolves more than Wolves need Wolverhampton.
Surely buying land and building a new ground is going to cost a heck of a lot more than redeveloping Molineux?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing Hardball if true. I'd be on Fosun's side here. A new stadium on the Molineux site is beneficial to everyone. The council need to cough up.
Being completely cynical do Fosun know the council won’t cough up so they get to build a fancy out of town stadium with more money making facilities and get to blame the council for it?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Threatening to leave if they don't their way?

We are nothing but a baseless pawn in an investors balance sheet.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely buying land and building a new ground is going to cost a heck of a lot more than redeveloping Molineux?
The cost of land is more than the lease Wolves have at Molineux. The cost of building the same stadium on both sites is the same. The cost of demolition at Molineux would be a cost not required on a new site.

Owning the land the stadium is built on is more valuable than leasing that land. I believe Fosun may be looking for ownership of the Molineux site.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being completely cynical do Fosun know the council won’t cough up so they get to build a fancy out of town stadium with more money making facilities and get to blame the council for it?
Definitely possible. But then the Council would be to blame, wouldn't they?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Fosun have brought a site that big it would’ve cost millions.

How much money are they expecting to get from the council, and why the hell should they fund it? I’d rather they spent it on bloody potholes!

Fosun brought the club, if they want a new ground it’s their responsibility. Trying to leverage the council by spending money that could’ve otherwise gone towards redeveloping Molineux seems ridiculous.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Fosun have brought a site that big it would’ve cost millions.

How much money are they expecting to get from the council, and why the hell should they fund it? I’d rather they spent it on bloody potholes!

Fosun brought the club, if they want a new ground it’s their responsibility. Trying to leverage the council by spending money that could’ve otherwise gone towards redeveloping Molineux seems ridiculous.
They can always sell that land when it's not required.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it's nearer penkridge? What's the problem. We could have a 50,000 new stadium with a chance to earn extra money ftom the stadium's facilities.

Is Harry Kane going to be saying 'we should be beating teams like wolves.' then.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing Hardball if true. I'd be on Fosun's side here. A new stadium on the Molineux site is beneficial to everyone. The council need to cough up.
Definitely possible. But then the Council would be to blame, wouldn't they?
The city council have coughed up how many zillions in the past few years on Wolverhampton Civic hall. Plus they built the channel tunnel faster than they renovated the Civil Hall. So you can never trust or rely on Wolverhampton City Council can you?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sympathize with Fosun on this. They shouldn't be solely responsible for the cost of generating wealth for the city.
By purchasing the club they become custodians of a major part of the city, it is there responsibility to do best for it and it's surroundings, the city being one of them.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sounds like *******s to me. Fosun asked to build a temporary stand, were told yes and didn't bother. That should tell you where the blockage to development is.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By purchasing the club they become custodians of a major part of the city, it is there responsibility to do best for it and it's surroundings, the city being one of them.
If the council are being unreasonable though, then they should play a little nicer.

Besides, they bought a football club, not a metropolitan area.

Back
Top Bottom