Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So just the games they can be ***** to attend. Took my godson, loved every second. He's got the bug
That's lovely (I'm being sincere not sarcy BTW) and I know where you're coming from but friendlies don't really count for me. I'll go to one or two each season but usually only the local away (i.e. fun) games. I went to Cov for the craic but didn't bother with CV. That doesn't mean I don't want to support the lads in games that matter (i.e. all the league and cup games I can get to).

I don't see any contradiction in people not going to a pre-season friendly but still bemoaning the lack of tickets for proper home games. Also, when discussing stadium plans and optimal capacity, it doesn't matter whether fans are planning on going to a friendly, it's more about whether folks will regularly go home league games. A capacity of circa 45k is what we should be looking at IMO.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That's lovely (I'm being sincere not sarcy BTW) and I know where you're coming from but friendlies don't really count for me. I'll go to one or two each season but usually only the local away (i.e. fun) games. I went to Cov for the craic but didn't bother with CV. That doesn't mean I don't want to support the lads in games that matter (i.e. all the league and cup games I can get to).

I don't see any contradiction in people not going to a pre-season friendly but still bemoaning the lack of tickets for proper home games. Also, when discussing stadium plans and optimal capacity, it doesn't matter whether fans are planning on going to a friendly, it's more about whether folks will regularly go home league games. A capacity of circa 45k is what we should be looking at IMO.
Was more talking about the thousands of kids who are being locked out. Tickets very cheap for them.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And some people will believe everything that comes out of the club and support them come what may.

The vast majority of people are somewhere in between the two extremes and will move backwards and forwards along the spectrum based on what the club do and say, how it impacts on them and how they and others are treated.

I used to be very much in the “Fosun are wonderful” camp and would support them accordingly but with what I’ve witnessed over the last couple of years, and especially the last month or so, I’m now much more of the mind that the needs and desires of the supporters and the team’s performances have become very much secondary to their commercial desires and furthermore I no longer trust them, especially Vinny Clark with (what I perceive to be) his smug, arrogant and supercilious attitude.
I’m still in the camp of “thank you Fosun” for the best 4 seasons of my life. I also trust Fosun and am not a pantwetter re transfers as we head into the last 3 weeks of the window.

I don’t believe every decision has been correct (managers in first season, spend on a number of transfers) although the decisions have been more successful than not. I’m hoping that is skill not luck.

I do still worry that Jeff is not surrounded by expertise and I’m not convinced by Vinny - ST pricing, membership/ticket distribution, Graeme Hughes stand - none of which has any logic but strikes me as making it up on the hoof.

Still cannot wait until a week on Sunday and hope we have some transfers in by then and a point on the board on Saturday.

Nige

Reaction score
With a new Manager in charge and trying new systems a pre season Friendly may be the only chance some fans get to see the team this season. the price of the ticket reflects the fact its not a meaningful competitive game. Obviously its peoples personal choice but having just forked out £800 quid to renew for me and the daughter we still feel compelled to go.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the state of the Molineux plans, I think we've reached the point where we seriously need to consider whether we need Fosun.

They've done well by us to date and even with recent PR **** ups haven't shafted us, they've been very decent owners.

However...
Given the fact they don't appear to be investing, off the pitch in the stadium and on the pitch (i.e. beyond what any PL club is) although perhaps they are hamstrung by FFP rules, what worth are they to us?

Some might see this as disrespectful (I'm happy to concede that we'd be floundering in the Chump were it not for their investment) but surely we owe this Chinese investment company nowt, they're not a charity nor some philanthropic organisation who took a genuine risk on us, they are what they are and they seem happy to see us sit where we are. The truth is, I'm content with that too, but I don't see why we need them? This isn't some call to arms or suggestion we do anything, just an observation that Fosun (whom I've never liked but who've done well by us) might've served their purpose. Would we get better owners? Probably not. Are these that special though? I'm not convinced.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Given the state of the Molineux plans, I think we've reached the point where we seriously need to consider whether we need Fosun.

They've done well by us to date and even with recent PR **** ups haven't shafted us, they've been very decent owners.

However...
Given the fact they don't appear to be investing, off the pitch in the stadium and on the pitch (i.e. beyond what any PL club is) although perhaps they are hamstrung by FFP rules, what worth are they to us?

Some might see this as disrespectful (I'm happy to concede that we'd be floundering in the Chump were it not for their investment) but surely we owe this Chinese investment company nowt, they're not a charity nor some philanthropic organisation who took a genuine risk on us, they are what they are and they seem happy to see us sit where we are. The truth is, I'm content with that too, but I don't see why we need them? This isn't some call to arms or suggestion we do anything, just an observation that Fosun (whom I've never liked but who've done well by us) might've served their purpose. Would we get better owners? Probably not. Are these that special though? I'm not convinced.
We owe them nearly £100M so yeah I'd say we need them tbh

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

However...

Nah.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

However...

I love this forum. Free entertainment.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The strange swing against Fosun lately is bizarre. It seems motivated by one middling season (where we still finished higher than nearly any other in decades), some ticket price rises and from what I can tell their stubborn refusal not to spaff money we don’t have and put the club into mountains of unsustainable debt.
They’ve got us promoted, signed almost unimaginable talent, two 7th places, cup semi, euro QF… all in a laughably short timescale. And (in my opinion) best of all want to build a sustainable club that can stay in the prem on its own financial merits even without a Father Christmas like benefactor. Surely if that is achieved then it’s the best possible outcome. Look @ Barca and Inter - no one is safe from uncontrolled spending,

I’ll brace myself for all the ‘Jeff promised we’d win the league’ rantings in response.

Last edited:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The strange swing against Fosun lately is bizarre. It seems motivated by one middling season (where we still finished higher than nearly any other in decades), some ticket price rises and from what I can tell their stubborn refusal not to spaff money we don’t have and put the club into mountains of unsustainable debt.
They’ve got us promoted, signed almost unimaginable talent, two 7th places, cup semi, euro QF… all in a laughably short timescale. And (in my opinion) best of all want to build a sustainable club that can stay in the prem on its own financial merits even without a Father Christmas like benefactor. Surely if that is achieved then it’s the best possible outcome. Look @ Barca and Inter - no one is safe from uncontrolled spending,

I’ll brace myself for all the ‘Jeff promised we’d win the league’ rankings in response.

No need to brace, you’re absolutely right !!

Lots of spoiled children around here!

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every penny counts
When its just simply charging fans extra it does, if its getting a new temporary stand (that they have planning permission for) that could make easily £10-15,000 per game or maintaining another one that makes £15-20,000 per game.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

However...

wow I mean really???

let’s have a long hard think about our time before fosun? And the success.
Sherpa van
Play off win

but nah we don’t need them because of rich past. The 6 weeks holidays are in full force.

I am fully behind fosun and the path they are taking us.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

However...

Said this from the start to be honest.

Yes things were good under them early on and yes it could be a damn site worse but they're not our ****ing friends, they're not hear to make supporters dreams come true.......they're here to make money.

A lot of the time them making money and the club being succesful (although with its price to supporters) will be mutually exclusive so its all good.

BUT they're not some sort of ****ing savior's some think they are.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes things were good under them early on and yes it could be a damn site worse but they're not our ****ing friends, they're not hear to make supporters dreams come true.......they're here to make money.

A lot of the time them making money and the club being succesful (although with its price to supporters) will be mutually exclusive so its all good.

They're better than any owners we've had in (my) living memory.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We had an owner who WAS here to make our dreams come true. The problem was everyone knew it and rinsed him dry. Super owners are great until they get bored or run out of money.
Frankly I’d prefer hard nosed businessmen that put us on a sound financial basis allowing us to survive in the Prem forever on our merits.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think the way I see it is that they have been great owners, they invested in a way many wanted Morgan to do, to get us to a level where we could be self-sufficient at a higher level than mid/upper Champ. However mid-table Prem is probably as high as any of us can realistically expect and as a cog in the network, as high as we can be without throwing money at us (which is clearly not the intention). Combined with possible shifts in Chinese foreign investment we have had our money and now we have to show we deserved it. All of that is fine with me as long as the decision making at the club is right and we don't end up throwing what we've gained away with poor recruitment. I praised then to the hilt for 3 years and I have no problem continuing to be realistic in my appraisal. There's plenty of time left in this transfer window, hopefully we'll use it to strengthen the squad. The ground will clearly have to wait.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

True, Wolves are a business and they have invested to get us in the Premiership and hopefully keep us there. Yes they will look to move players on for a profit, but it us still win-win for me.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wow I mean really???

let’s have a long hard think about our time before fosun? And the success.
Sherpa van
Play off win

but nah we don’t need them because of rich past. The 6 weeks holidays are in full force.

I am fully behind fosun and the path they are taking us.
Becoming a bit like the " what have the Romans ever done for us" sketch in the Life of Brian, might be a little dated for most of the moaners.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might wanna check the honours part of the website.
Yes, I can just about remember the League Cup win on tv in 1980. Barely in my teens then, and now just retired a few months back. Plenty of league titles since, but none above the second tier, and the only cup prior to Fosun was the Sherpa Van, and yes I was there for that.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

However...

You said it yourself and explained your true feelings about Fosun with the simple phrase “whom I’ve never liked”. The rest of the post is irrelevant.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But no one can say they haven't made some mistakes .The march them up to the top of the hill and down again approach to stadium re-development must be one.
I don't expect the owners to hardly touch the stadium anymore even the planned added seats looks doubtful.
I see it short-sighted but its easy for me to say.

Last edited:

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They're better than any owners we've had in (my) living memory.
100%, I respect SJH and we wouldn’t be where we are without him and a few others, but and it’s a very big but, he was as much a businessman as all the others.
You simply do not start your life as a paper boy and end up owning colonial islands if you are not a ruthlesss and cutthroat, he could have bought wolves long before he did but chose for it to dwindle and be at the death before purchasing, if some of the fans were going through these seasons like the one in the Sole SJH season they’d be ripping there hair out, but his legacy of saving us makes people forget.
He also loved the club and this country that much that he’d only spend a few weeks a year over here, as to avoid paying tax.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100%, I respect SJH and we wouldn’t be where we are without him and a few others, but and it’s a very big but, he was as much a businessman as all the others.
You simply do not start your life as a paper boy and end up owning colonial islands if you are not a ruthlesss and cutthroat, he could have bought wolves long before he did but chose for it to dwindle and be at the death before purchasing, if some of the fans were going through these seasons like the one in the Sole SJH season they’d be ripping there hair out, but his legacy of saving us makes people forget.
He also loved the club and this country that much that he’d only spend a few weeks a year over here, as to avoid paying tax.
SJH did not "save us".

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SJH did not "save us".
I don't know why Wolves fans widely share this belief.

In fact I find it rather disrectful that those who did save the club - the council headed up by John Bird, Dick Homden, Gallagher brothers and Jack Harris (a sad day in my opinion when he had his name removed from the South Bank) are forgotten by many.

Sir Jack did little to dispel the myth and those outside the club always wrongly credited him. No excuse for Wolves fans to not know their own history though.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And they took the name of one of the men who did off the stand to put his name on it :mad:
Personally I’d prefer Fosun to revert the naming of the stands back to their original geographic titles. I’m 100% fine with commemoration of key people in our history with plaques and statues.

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Just seen Blues will have the Kop and Tilton Rd End, closed for the next two games due to work being carried out on them

Back
Top Bottom