Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still 360 tickets left for Leicester…..not a good case for expansion….

erm it's tuesday and loads of our fans have given up expecting to get tickets. the club isn't exactly pushing them hard because it knows they'll go

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that’s still the case then I might have a mooch.
Didn’t think there’d be any chance by now.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A little over 1% capacity available 3 days before a game is hardly a reason to call off the rebuild especially considering its a 4.30 kick off on a Sunday night on sky
Less than that available now and and there's 4 and half days to go. The tickets left are mainly in GH stand with no cover and restricted views

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just to point out that I'm amazed we sell out at the non ST prices this season. One reason I'd like a bigger ground is that they'd have to price to fill it. However, sadly that reduces the incentive to build it.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
110 tickets left.

I presume these include season tickets that are being resold for the match from holders that cant attend?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to point out that I'm amazed we sell out at the non ST prices this season. One reason I'd like a bigger ground is that they'd have to price to fill it. However, sadly that reduces the incentive to build it.
They'd also sell more associated products - beer, pies, programmes, merchandise. There's a sweet spot for ticket prices in order to sell more of everything else.

W

WasStefan

Not really.

Back of a fag packet but 7,000 ‘walk in’ tickets per game x average price of £40 = £5.3m over a season. Increase this capacity by 7,000 to 14,000 and charge average £35 = £9.3m over a season. £4m more per season.

If we spend £50m upgrading the Steve Bull (and my above numbers don’t include increase in hospitality prices, more private boxes and additional income on none matchday if a conference centre or hotel or something is built inside), it would probably pay itself back within 10 years. Maybe 7/8 years.

And herein lies 2 issues.

1/ Fosun probably won’t be here in 10 years and
2/ If they are, the gamble that Wolves will still be in the PL in 10 years time is a big risk

It just isn’t in Fosun’s DNA.

Last edited by a moderator:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing about the name is...if we stay in the same place -which it seems we are- the 'official' name doesn't really matter. Fans will still call it Molineux.
Frankly sponsors don't care what the fans call the stadium. They do care what it's called in the media.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
For me the 40k to 45k would be enough. Any bigger would see blocks of empty seats akin to the front of the BW lower tier appear for some games.

Personally what I’d like to see

1. Steve Bull rebuilt bringing it closer to the pitch continuing the NB lines all the way around to the South Bank. Change access to have the away fans wedge next to the South Bank.

2. South Bank extended backwards by another 2.5k to 3k max. Create a big spacious undercroft with better access at the back of the stand.

3. Join up the South Bank and The Billy Wright.

4. The Roof. Making sure the angle and reach of the roof all round Is designed not only to keep people dry but also keep the noise in and that intimidating atmosphere.

Re the Steve Bull came across a pic (probably already on here) of the New Stand build back in 1978/79. Seems it’s in two sections which could see us rebuild the lower then the upper in two stages.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'd also sell more associated products - beer, pies, programmes, merchandise. There's a sweet spot for ticket prices in order to sell more of everything else.
If they had a better selection of food and drink at the ground and the pricing was right they might well make much more on those too by attracting people earlier.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
For me the 40k to 45k would be enough. Any bigger would see blocks of empty seats akin to the front of the BW lower tier appear for some games.

Personally what I’d like to see

1. Steve Bull rebuilt bringing it closer to the pitch continuing the NB lines all the way around to the South Bank. Change access to have the away fans wedge next to the South Bank.

2. South Bank extended backwards by another 2.5k to 3k max. Create a big spacious undercroft with better access at the back of the stand.

3. Join up the South Bank and The Billy Wright.

4. The Roof. Making sure the angle and reach of the roof all round Is designed not only to keep people dry but also keep the noise in and that intimidating atmosphere.

Re the Steve Bull came across a pic (probably already on here) of the New Stand build back in 1978/79. Seems it’s in two sections which could see us rebuild the lower then the upper in two stages.

Interesting approach here, I believe this has never been proposed on the Mol Mix before :) ?

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Time for Gold and Black poncho's.Would Be a nice colorful corner. :tonguewink:ove the gold and black
What a great idea gold and black ponchos just can see me walking down Molineux alley with that walk my 5 day stubble and my ring tone on my phone blasting out the good the bad and the ugly come on you guys from customer service department or what ever department get it done les City have there happy ridiculous happy clappers let wolves have GOLD AND BLACK PONCHOS.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a great idea gold and black ponchos just can see me walking down Molineux alley with that walk my 5 day stubble and my ring tone on my phone blasting out the good the bad and the ugly come on you guys from customer service department or what ever department get it done les City have there happy ridiculous happy clappers let wolves have GOLD AND BLACK PONCHOS.
Hmmm... There was a bloke in Wolvo used to do that with a bloody big ghetto blaster too. I believe that he's evangelising now....

W

WasStefan

I was thinking more multi sports arena, top notch music quality etc. In a similar way spurs are able to host nfl games
I agree but molineux footprint too small for that. Plus Civic (when it reopens) is competition as a music venue so unless you’re after top names then you’re always going to lose.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but molineux footprint too small for that. Plus Civic (when it reopens) is competition as a music venue so unless you’re after top names then you’re always going to lose.
It's not too small though. Hasn't it been demonstrated that you could literally drop the Emirates stadium in to the space occupied by Molineux?

W

WasStefan

It's not too small though. Hasn't it been demonstrated that you could literally drop the Emirates stadium in to the space occupied by Molineux?
Yeah if you take up the north bank car park. Unless we are thinking of demolishing the north bank now ;)

Reaction score
Interesting approach here, I believe this has never been proposed on the Mol Mix before :) ?
Yeah, think I've posted it two or three times already, only I like to do it every 6 months or so. Just like when I drop subtle hints of my favourite rums around Christmas and Father's Day in the vain hope someone will listen and act. Still waiting on both counts

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I look at Fulham's new stand getting ever closer and must admit it looks impressive. Be great if that was in place of the Steve Bull Stand/John Ireland.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, think I've posted it two or three times already, only I like to do it every 6 months or so. Just like when I drop subtle hints of my favourite rums around Christmas and Father's Day in the vain hope someone will listen and act. Still waiting on both counts
What do you like? This year I got my dad:

Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva & Havana Club Seleccion de Maestro.

I used to like the original flavour Sailor Jerry before they changed it and Havana Club 7 yrs

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah if you take up the north bank car park. Unless we are thinking of demolishing the north bank now ;)
Okay, so it required a bit of jiggery pokery. I'd forgotten about that. In any case we'd still fit a 45-50k stadium on the existing site retaining and adding the corners to the current north bank.

A multi-use stadium has to be the only feasible way of a renovated stadium being economically viable.
Fosun should be thinking of Music, Boxing, even other field sports on occasion.

I feel that the only way a hotel will work at Molineux too. I can't see how Wolves and ASDA can sustain a hotel in that location. They'd have to be other events held too.

Reaction score
What do you like? This year I got my dad:

Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva & Havana Club Seleccion de Maestro.

I used to like the original flavour Sailor Jerry before they changed it and Havana Club 7 yrs
I've a little man cave at home and like a rum or two (currently have 39 different bottles. Got those two and they're very decent indeed. Ron Zacapa XO and 23 year old are my favourites though just had an Appleton 21yo as a present.

Also like Plantation, Mount Gay XO, Appletons 12 years, Havana Club, Ron Santiago de Cuba, but can also recommend some decent cheaper ones like the basic Appletons and Mount Gay are really nice, Ron Abeulo's good and Black Magic Spiced Rum. The latter I was introduced to by a delightful barmaid in Winchester on the way to St Mary's this year.

There's a really decent Rum Bar in the Titanic Hotel in Liverpool, quiet expensive and you have to have doubles but a great experience for your dad if you can afford it!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've a little man cave at home and like a rum or two (currently have 39 different bottles. Got those two and they're very decent indeed. Ron Zacapa XO and 23 year old are my favourites though just had an Appleton 21yo as a present.

Also like Plantation, Mount Gay XO, Appletons 12 years, Havana Club, Ron Santiago de Cuba, but can also recommend some decent cheaper ones like the basic Appletons and Mount Gay are really nice, Ron Abeulo's good and Black Magic Spiced Rum. The latter I was introduced to by a delightful barmaid in Winchester on the way to St Mary's this year.

There's a really decent Rum Bar in the Titanic Hotel in Liverpool, quiet expensive and you have to have doubles but a great experience for your dad if you can afford it!

1645029207556.gif

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking more multi sports arena, top notch music quality etc. In a similar way spurs are able to host nfl games

I commented further up the thread, that Molineux and development of the area around it, could compliment the Civic Hall given its fairly close. Build the proposed wide footbridge over the ring road, develop the area bordered by the ring road and Waterloo road with a hotel, student flats and bar/restaurants. Then Molineux gets pre/post match entertainment, a decent hotel for those who want it for matches or music, and Molineux itself can be used for larger music events in the summer. This might even involve a mini festival type event run over a week using both the civic hall and Molineux. Having student flats provides some baseload demand for the new hospitality outlets outside Molineux outside of matches and music events.

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I meant keep out of the rain. Saturdays are for drinking not abstaining :dizzy:
Phew. I don't come here for purity.

I couldn't get through to the ticket office. A query on the website led to speedy response from Fan Service.
They are an efficient bunch and I will now be in the Steve Bull.
Thanks again for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom