Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The stadium development plans haven’t been cancelled, just paused due to the current economic situation. Wolves are still very keen to work on expansion, when it’s right.
Can you ask why we still have tiny big screens? Even bloody Brentford’s are bigger than ours. Add them to the list including the illustrious Walsall.

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Can you ask why we still have tiny big screens? Even bloody Brentford’s are bigger than ours. Add them to the list including the illustrious Walsall.
The screens and the PA system, went in as a make do, whilst the ground was being redeveloped……

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just wish Fosin would show some evidence that they are really serious about this. A plan for example, or at least some positive noise from meetings with the Council, University or a developer. Something, anything. Sorry, I just don't believe it.
Nor me

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
To be fair, Brentford have a brand new ground and screens are now an important part of new stadiums (unlike when Molineux was redeveloped). One of the first things Fosun did was fix and improve our old screens (maybe that was Morgan actually?). Think it'll be difficult to fit bigger screens at Molineux at the moment. Needs to be looked at if and when major developments are planned. Not a priority at the moment.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The stadium development plans haven’t been cancelled, just paused due to the current economic situation. Wolves are still very keen to work on expansion, when it’s right.

I want to believe this so much, more than anything. But I just have so many doubts that I can't shake and I hate myself for it.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, Brentford have a brand new ground and screens are now an important part of new stadiums (unlike when Molineux was redeveloped). One of the first things Fosun did was fix and improve our old screens (maybe that was Morgan actually?). Think it'll be difficult to fit bigger screens at Molineux at the moment. Needs to be looked at if and when major developments are planned. Not a priority at the moment.
Couldn’t give two ****s about screens. It’s seats we need, get the bloody kids in - our fan demographic is a total **** show.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t give two ****s about screens. It’s seats we need, get the bloody kids in - our fan demographic is a total **** show.
Indeed and the ST waiting list in many ways makes it worse. I had wondered if there should be two separate ones, one for adults and one for kids, with a certain number of STs reserved for kids. The problem is that would likely only work in most cases if the adult is already a ST holder themself.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Wow, so now access is an issue! Did anyone tell Everton they couldn't build a 60k stadium in the middle of a dock? Did West Ham take over a 60k stadium on a bend in the river? Did Arsenal build a 60k ground surrounded by railway lines? Are Fulham building a new stand by building over the Thames? I've read some excuses on here, but I think we've hit a new level.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was Fosun who replaced the screens. Moxey said there were problems preventing it, but it took Fosun little time to replace them. Morgan’s stadium plans had screens attached to the centre of new North Bank and planned new South Bank roof. Not surprisingly, it was another feature which didn’t make it from the renders to reality.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
It was Fosun who replaced the screens. Moxey said there were problems preventing it, but it took Fosun little time to replace them. Morgan’s stadium plans had screens attached to the centre of new North Bank and planned new South Bank roof. Not surprisingly, it was another feature which didn’t make it from the renders to reality.
Moxey said we couldn’t use them because there were owls nesting inside.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, so now access is an issue! Did anyone tell Everton they couldn't build a 60k stadium in the middle of a dock? Did West Ham take over a 60k stadium on a bend in the river? Did Arsenal build a 60k ground surrounded by railway lines? Are Fulham building a new stand by building over the Thames? I've read some excuses on here, but I think we've hit a new level.
To be fair, the club said 2 years ago when talking about a 50k Molineux that the council were concerned about access and the council provided a masterplan on how they would like this addressed. Nobody has said access will stop expansion, only that it will need to be improved at the appropriate time.

West Ham inherited the Olympic stadium which has proven access. Fulham are spending a fortune on a riverside access route and the rest of the ground is very accessible via the road and park. The Everton scheme includes new broad access routes as part of the overall scheme, and smaller grounds like Boro’s show you can build on former docks safely.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
To be fair, the club said 2 years ago when talking about a 50k Molineux that the council were concerned about access and the council provided a masterplan on how they would like this addressed. Nobody has said access will stop expansion, only that it will need to be improved at the appropriate time.

West Ham inherited the Olympic stadium which has proven access. Fulham are spending a fortune on a riverside access route and the rest of the ground is very accessible via the road and park. The Everton scheme includes new broad access routes as part of the overall scheme, and smaller grounds like Boro’s show you can build on former docks safely.
Need a better ring road crossing, although the new one they did build will help a lot.

The idea that this is a problem compared with this is a bit bonkers.

maxresdefault.jpg

Have you ever been to a match at the "London Stadium"?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need a better ring road crossing, although the new one they did build will help a lot.

The idea that this is a problem compared with this is a bit bonkers.

View attachment 23201

Have you ever been to a match at the "London Stadium"?
No, but I’ve been to a Depeche Mode concert there (full house), and while the Olympic stadium, went there twice.

As for Everton, I don’t know enough of the local geography, but being an entirely new development, they can clearly create multiple good pedestrian routes. I’ve been to the Riverside many times which is similarly situated, and that’s fine. They had to build a new route across an old dock towards the transporter bridge, as a lot of local fans park in that direction.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not great, the club seem to be pretty generous in their apology though.

Should these parts of the stadium need to remain closed, fans will be notified. Refunds of tickets and reasonable travel expenses will be offered in compensation as well as a complimentary ticket to a Champions League fixture.
Don't give Vinny the idea of offering free tickets to a Champions League game at Molineux. It could be years, if ever, before he has to make good.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't give Vinny the idea of offering free tickets to a Champions League game at Molineux. It could be years, if ever, before he has to make good.
Talking of which, what’s happened with the Olympiacos refunds? Is it still going to be Rochdale at home in the League Cup against the reserves/u12’s?

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
No, but I’ve been to a Depeche Mode concert there (full house), and while the Olympic stadium, went there twice.

As for Everton, I don’t know enough of the local geography, but being an entirely new development, they can clearly create multiple good pedestrian routes. I’ve been to the Riverside many times which is similarly situated, and that’s fine. They had to build a new route across an old dock towards the transporter bridge, as a lot of local fans park in that direction.
Never had a problem at the Riverside granted. My London Stadium experience was a Sat afternoon and Westfield was packed, so that probably didn't help. 7 pm I was driving past the Copper Box. At Molineux though people leave in all directions, probably should have something better on the Stafford Rd, but there really isn't much of an issue.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While your point may be valid your examples mostly aren't. With respect to West Ham you appear to be confusing the London Stadium/Olympic Stadium with the O2/Millennium Dome. Arsenal's ground is hardly "surrounded by railway lines" being a bloody big site which incorporated a serious amount of housing development and happened to have rail lines on two sides. Everton are building a new stadium on a damned big derelict dock site - no one is likely to wish to arrive by water. Your comments on Flum though are wholly accurate.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While your point may be valid your examples mostly aren't. With respect to West Ham you appear to be confusing the London Stadium/Olympic Stadium with the O2/Millennium Dome. Arsenal's ground is hardly "surrounded by railway lines" being a bloody big site which incorporated a serious amount of housing development and happened to have rail lines on two sides. Everton are building a new stadium on a damned big derelict dock site - no one is likely to wish to arrive by water. Your comments on Flum though are wholly accurate.
ferry cross the mersey

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Don't start coming on here with your ****ney knowledge! You're right on the London Stadium, I assumed that was why I was in such ridiculous traffic, probably just normal for London! Is the Emirates actually built in an area called the "Ashburton Triangle", basically in the triangle of land at the junction of two lines, just with a lot of big bridges to get away. On Everton the whole point is that all the people have to go in the same 180 degree arc, not 360 degrees as it us at Wolves. It's busy in all directions leaving Molineux, no way a problem for 40k fans except maybe crossing the top of the ring road and for away fans getting to the coach park.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't start coming on here with your ****ney knowledge! You're right on the London Stadium, I assumed that was why I was in such ridiculous traffic, probably just normal for London! Is the Emirates actually built in an area called the "Ashburton Triangle", basically in the triangle of land at the junction of two lines, just with a lot of big bridges to get away. On Everton the whole point is that all the people have to go in the same 180 degree arc, not 360 degrees as it us at Wolves. It's busy in all directions leaving Molineux, no way a problem for 40k fans except maybe crossing the top of the ring road and for away fans getting to the coach park.
The Emirates, which l live about 1.5miles from (l was closer to Highbury), is at Ashburton Grove. It replaced a municipal waste recycling centre and some pretty scuzzy industrial units. The London Stadium is about 4.5miles from my place. According to TfL the average speed of traffic in centralish London is 7-9mph.....

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

What economics, the time when interest rates are historically low and demand outstrips supply, don't buy it, did you question it?
Construction costs at an all time high though according to people in the industry. Also a skill shortage holding up projects. Happy to be corrected by anyone more educated.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Construction costs at an all time high though according to people in the industry. Also a skill shortage holding up projects. Happy to be corrected by anyone more educated.
Not only a skills shortage but Materials difficult to get hold of and prices going up by the day, I deliver primarily to House building sites, and i reguarly get asked by various Tradesmen as im driving around site what im delivering when they know its not what they want they point me in the direction of the Fork lift driver :D.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know why Wolves fans widely share this belief.

In fact I find it rather disrectful that those who did save the club - the council headed up by John Bird, Dick Homden, Gallagher brothers and Jack Harris (a sad day in my opinion when he had his name removed from the South Bank) are forgotten by many.

Sir Jack did little to dispel the myth and those outside the club always wrongly credited him. No excuse for Wolves fans to not know their own history though.
Also if my memory serves me correctly, Jack Harris's family weren't consulted, prior to his name being removed.
The contributions made by John Bird and Dick Homden, were unquestionably of great significance in saving the club.
Remember it as being a very precarious situation, with no one sure that the outcome, would prove positive for the club.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know why Wolves fans widely share this belief.

In fact I find it rather disrectful that those who did save the club - the council headed up by John Bird, Dick Homden, Gallagher brothers and Jack Harris (a sad day in my opinion when he had his name removed from the South Bank) are forgotten by many.

Sir Jack did little to dispel the myth and those outside the club always wrongly credited him. No excuse for Wolves fans to not know their own history though.
Too right, was actively involved with groups trying to safe the club at the time and less said about SJH the better.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I`m not saying it is`nt true about the skills shortage, increased cost of materials and everything else, but plenty of clubs are now getting on with development.. with new stands, extensions.
Yeah was just pointing out the low interest rates aren't the only economic factor

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair mine needs doing. Washes away like no ones business. I think we have the same stone.
It’s one of my summer garden projects. The digging out takes as long as the filling! A bit like rebuilding the Steve Bull - demolition being half the job ;)

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s one of my summer garden projects. The digging out takes as long as the filling! A bit like rebuilding the Steve Bull - demolition being half the job ;)
It’s a mission mate. I dare say we’ll see you with full garden room and hot tub before we see any stadium development sadly.
I don’t care about a fancy ground mind, but we aren’t getting the kids in. Where is our next generation of fans coming from if they can’t experience the south bank as young boys and girls? It was my escape from a lot of **** in my life. Makes me sad kids aren’t finding that.

Back
Top Bottom