Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ståle's post match interview.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the Man. Clearly very focussed and has his vision of how he wants things to function. Nice and up front to the press aswell!

W

wolfyjoe

Didn't know if I should post this in the match thread or not but feel free to move it there.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/928800-stal...=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Good to see Solbakken doesn't get carried away with individual praise. Very much the case that he expects this type of performance from the players. He knows we need to be outplaying Barnsley at home.

Lovely to win a game at home but we've still got a lot to sort out this season. I'll be glad when the window is closed!

J

johnybig32

As much as I loved MM. This guy is cut from a different cloth.

Class.

Realisticwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Good interview..shame he sounds resigned to losing Fletcher/jarvis. The man clearly has a decent level of intelligence from the sound of his interview though.

A

andyc225

Good interview..shame he sounds resigned to losing Fletcher/jarvis. The man clearly has a decent level of intelligence from the sound of his interview though.

Unlike MM, I trust him to bring in a good replacement for Jarvis.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to see Solbakken doesn't get carried away with individual praise. Very much the case that he expects this type of performance from the players. He knows we need to be outplaying Barnsley at home.

Lovely to win a game at home but we've still got a lot to sort out this season. I'll be glad when the window is closed!
It had to happen - a post from you that I agree 100% with.:D

W

Womble19

interviewer: ''johnson finally looking like the player wolves signed 12 months ago'' hes looking solid

stale: ''thats his job'' :D:D:D:D

R

Redditch Wolves

For the first time in a long time I think we have a manager that could take us to that next level. McCarthy did a great job but he doesn't have the brain of a modern day football manager.

We hardly hoofed the ball and look to play it out from the back.

I think we need a central defender who is confident on the ball, a right back (If Foley is a long term injury) as Zubar is to clumsey for me, a creative midfielder as O'Hara is always injured and a replacement for Jarvis if he goes.

In Stale I trust.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent interview. Doesn't duck questions, serious, realistic no exaggerated praise, none of the "X was different class" rubbish we used to get. Absolutely love it. And the accent reminds me of my Danish relatives!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good interview. I like how he's not getting to ahead of himself and is aware that work needs to be done.

Good start though.

S

Shergar

I cringed when he acknowledged that unimaginative song from The Money Shop Stand.

For those not there or deaf..

Solbakken, ohohohh,
Solbakken, ohohohh,
He's Scandinavian
He hates the Albion.

FFS!:embarassed:

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cringed when he acknowledged that unimaginative song from The Money Shop Stand.

Solbakken, ohohohh,
Solbakken, ohohohh,
He's Scandinavian
He hates the Albion.

Made me smile! Do they give out song sheets in the South bank because it seemed fairly spontaneous and the whole stand seemed to sing it in unison?

Last edited by a moderator:

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Solbakken, ohohohh,
Solbakken, ohohohh,
He's Scandinavian
He hates the Albion.

Yep not a patch on the song the North Bank sang! How did it go again??
It was a football song not the start of a west end musical

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy isn't fit to lace Micks drinks yet but I am warming to him and prepared to give him every chance!

If you can't see Solbakken is light years ahead of Mick as a coach, you need to take your Mick tinted specs off!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you can't see Solbakken is light years ahead of Mick as a coach, you need to take your Mick tinted specs off!

He's got to get us promoted and keep us there for at least two years and then he will have drawn level with Mick!!

Not even gone one mile down that long road yet hambaps!

Sorry!

D

Deleted member LP 3925

He's got to get us promoted and keep us there for at least two years and then he will have drawn level with Mick!!

I have to admit it Waggy, you are bloody consistent on this.

Once again though, I exercise my right to say that you are wrong.

Also, please don't let him 'draw level' in 3 years time by playing 3 years of monotonous rubbish and hanging on by the skin of his teeth, like Mad Mick.:eek:

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not even gone one mile down that long road yet hambaps!

Sorry!

And Mick has to manage in Denmark and win the league a few years in a row and get through the group stages of the Champions League.

And I guess Stale has to manage at a world cup and take a team into the last 16.

We could go on all day but right now at this point with Football moving in the direction is it Stale Solbakken is light years ahead of Mick. I don't think hambaps was saying Stale has been the better Wolves manager just a better manager in general.

Sorry but it's difficult to see what Mick will ever achieve in the game in the future.

S

Skonsengwolf

Why is this turning into another Mick thread?? His time at Wolves is over, let's thank him and move on. To constantly compare the new manager with the old isn't doing anyone any favors.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Early days, but im really beginning to warm to this man.

So, so refreshing to hear his honest, sensible, realistic and astute answers to questions.

Promising. Very promising.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to admit it Waggy, you are bloody consistent on this.

Once again though, I exercise my right to say that you are wrong.

Also, please don't let him 'draw level' in 3 years time by playing 3 years of monotonous rubbish and hanging on by the skin of his teeth, like Mad Mick.:eek:

Will see Lupo. I like Stale, but we will have to wait and see. He's not been here a wet week yet!!!! To say he is 'light years ahead' of Mick in the circs is IMHO a but silly! Results are the measure, right?

Remember our displays beating Wednesday and Forest in our promotion season . . pretty decent football, not to say thrilling!!

Mick's starting position was massively behind Stale's, I mean that can't be denied so we'll see

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will see Lupo. I like Stale, but we will have to wait and see. He's not been here a wet week yet!!!! To say he is 'light years ahead' of Mick in the circs is IMHO a but silly! Results are the measure, right?

Remember our displays beating Wednesday and Forest in our promotion season . . pretty decent football, not to say thrilling!!

Mick's starting position was massively behind Stale's, I mean that can't be denied so we'll see

:confused::confused::confused:

We havent won a game at home since Dec 4th 2011. Yes, Stale has inherited a team of world beaters!

I refuse to hijack this thread and turn it into yet another Mick thread, and i also totally respect your right to an opinion, however im sorry the mess Stale has inherited should not be underestimated.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We havent won a game at home since Dec 4th 2011. Yes, Stale has inherited a team of world beaters!

I refuse to hijack this thread and turn it into yet another Mick thread, and i also totally respect your right to an opinion, however im sorry the mess Stale has inherited should not be underestimated.

Hey Sedg, I'm sure you don't mean to suggest that Stale begins life in the Chump in a much worse position than Mick did post Hoddle?? Shome mishtake shurely, this is a serious debate!

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree, we should not underestimate the 'mess' Stale has inherited (although, I wouldn't use anything like that word to describe it!!), but you're surely not suggesting Mick inherited a squad in better shape back in 2006 are you?

M

Mugwump

Why is this turning into another Mick thread?? His time at Wolves is over, let's thank him and move on. To constantly compare the new manager with the old isn't doing anyone any favors.

Because a certain poster can't get over the fact Mick couldn't do the job we needed him to and had to be sacked. Go skoobs.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wagstaffe, you should probably use your Mick McCarthy blog for stuff like this. Getting old.

M

Mugwump

One thing I will say is that in one respect micks rebuilbing job was a bit easier. Very little deadwood to clear out and pretty much a clean slate to work with and very little expectation.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not necesarily player for player (although lets not forget most of our supposed 'better' players are either leaving or want to leave)

However i think we would all agree that in this league, team spirit, togetherness and organisation are perhaps just as important as talent. The squad Stale inherited was/is in danger of totally falling apart in these areas.

He will do a really fantastic job, imo, to ride this wave of uncertainty and infighting etc. The fact he appears, after just 2 games, to already be stamping his mark on the playing side of things fills me with fantastic optimism.

Very, very early days, but given time i think we really may have pulled off masterstoke in this appointment. If we can come out of the next few weeks in a good place them im convinced we are in for a bright future.

Back
Top Bottom