Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Squad Numbers Announced

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just to check is that...

17 NHG players in that squad?

23 players who would count towards the 25 maximum?

At least it's obvious we're still shows of a 9!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That doesn't look good for Fabio and probably heralds the arrival of a geriatric homegrown number 9 on loan, or free, at the end of the window.
I dont know actually, it may be that he just didnt taken the option to change to 9, he was 99 at Anderlecht.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That doesn't look good for Fabio and probably heralds the arrival of a geriatric homegrown number 9 on loan, or free, at the end of the window.

Maybe, maybe not. Neither Fabio or Sasa may want 9. It happens. May also be that GON doesn’t want either of them feeling anointed (or pressured) as Raul’s successor until they prove worthy.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. Neither Fabio or Sasa may want 9. It happens. May also be that GON doesn’t want either of them feeling anointed (or pressured) as Raul’s successor until they prove worthy.
I was going to add this, one it could be they dont want to give them the option until we know if Sasa or Fabio will be main man, provides competition without favourtism.

Too they could have both passed it

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I very much doubt he would do that.

I agree, but there are plenty of possible reasons beyond he’s potentially leaving. Some players are superstitious and prefer certain numbers. It’s not uncommon. GON may wish to treat both Fabio and Sasa as equals coming into this season, with one of them potentially becoming our 9 next season.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jonny not going anywhere then.

Loved him but he's dead weight now which is probably why we haven't been able to move him on.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes has a squad number…
May be as simple as no loan agreed yet.

No other team is going to pay him while he's crocked so unless he's more or less fit by the end of the Aug window l guess that he'll be with us until at least January.

If he was to get game time and do well who knows what would happen.....

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Jonny not going anywhere then.

Loved him but he's dead weight now which is probably why we haven't been able to move him on.
I don't think giving squad numbers to Jonny, Guedes or Podence tell us anything about what's happening with them, we can't really have them on the books and not give them a squad number.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think giving squad numbers to Jonny, Guedes or Podence tell us anything about what's happening with them, we can't really have them on the books and not give them a squad number.
Absolutely. Not in the squad means having to pay them but being unable to use them until January. Given how slim the squad is that would be barking.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Squad numbers aren’t assigned by the club players pick from what’s available

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does this mean Guedes is likely to stay as he’s taking up a nhg spot?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, we dont have to register the full squad until close of window, i would say if anything if we bring someone in NHG before the window close its obvious one of guedes/podence/jonny are gone

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The squad doesn’t have to be confirmed until the transfer window closes, so he’ll only be taking a spot if he’s still here and we include him then.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pedro Neto 7 is a slight worry. I can't remember what he wore last season though.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping Silva staying as 29 is due to the number of shirts we've sold already with it on but I think it's more an indication he'll be off before the window closes unfortunately.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The current squad has more depth than anything Nuno operated with.

In 19/20 we had Vinagre and Buur as full back cover, with zero cover for Raul.

We’re a 4th choice CB away from 2 solid options in every position. Whether the quality of the starting 11 is there we will see.

Back
Top Bottom