Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs verdict

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Sloppy at times in the first half with numerous stray passes and giving possession away but great result another 3 points in the bag

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defense was all over the place first half,midfield non existent,attack stuttering
Second half we up the gears and play some lovely stuff,bewildering really,but hey its how we roll,brilliant result

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with the win because I thought they’d beat us by 3 or 4 goals the way we were playing.

D

Deleted member 5962

Back to 3 points behind Chelsea with a decent run of fixtures coming up.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Incredible result given the importance of the game and our exertions midweek.

Gave away two awful goals but came on strong second half with Jota, Saiss, Coady, Neves and Doherty superb.

Thought Boly and (whisper it quietly) Moutinho struggled. Raul and Adama were fairly subdued but both played their parts in the second half goals.

Patricio 6
Boly 5
Coady 7
Saiss 7
Doherty 8
Neves 8
Moutinho 5
Vinagre 5
Traore 6
Raul 6
Jota 8

Neto 7
Dendoncker 6
Podence N/A

We’re genuinely in with a chance of the Champions League. Amazing achievement given how many games we’ve played.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Incredible result given the importance of the game and our exertions midweek.

Gave away two awful goals but came on strong second half with Jota, Saiss, Coady, Neves and Doherty superb.

Thought Boly and (whisper it quietly) Moutinho struggled. Raul and Adama were fairly subdued but both played their parts in the second half goals.

Patricio 6
Boly 5
Coady 7
Saiss 7
Doherty 8
Neves 8
Moutinho 5
Vinagre 5
Traore 6
Raul 6
Jota 8

Neto 7
Dendoncker 6
Podence N/A

We’re genuinely in with a chance of the Champions League. Amazing achievement given how many games we’ve played.

D

Deleted member 5635

Sloppy first half
Clinical second half

Mainly 3points and a great result

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite our first half mistakes we played far better in the 2nd half and well deserved our 3 points!!! :):):)

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Jose got the max out of his side with the tactics, thought we had another gear or two to go into and ultimately we look a better side than Spurs as it stands at this moment in time (even with Son and Kane it's still debatable)

C

Can't B Arsed Wolf

I'm not the only one to say this, probably, but this Wolves side is slowly killing me, they manage to produce football that ranges between the sublime to the ridiculous, WHAT A RESULT! They will end up giving this old git a heart attack, please don't until after we've won the Champions League.

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
A sensational result and really important for our season. Yet another magnificent afternoon and I really really don't want to get used to it as it's simply amazing where we are now and what we are doing.

Proud.

P.S. get Nuno to sign that contract!

Now for a Citeh win

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Phew!! what a game, not at our best but three points hard earned, well done me babies.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really amazing. Best thing about it is that Jota played brilliantly in the 343. Doherty getting an assist and a goal as well. Really important goes to show they can perform in both formations.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After Jotas EL hat trick the other day I said everyone should out him in their fantasy premier league teams. Unfortunately, I didn't follow my advise. When he's good, he's unplayable.

portugamerifinn

Groupie
Reaction score
I'd pay to hear Nuno's halftime talk(s). Play was so much sharper after the intermission, as usual.

Side note: Traore's decision-making was horrendous.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wanna say - thanks Nuno and the boys for another fantastic win! Our first match at the new WHL and we win! These matches against Spurs are making up for so much misery inflicted by them on us - notably in the cup competitions (UEFA 1972, LC 1973, FA Cup 1981, FA Cup in the 90s). Apart from the early 70s they were always a little bit better than us. But now, the tables are turned. They're not so good and have an over-rated manager (grenade let off for all you Mourinho lovers..). We are simply better. The boys in the main, were fantastic. The goal scorers were the usual suspects. But of the three, Doc had the better all round match today. Good defensively and of course fantastic in attack. No wonder Nuno stuck with him when he was a bit dodgy a few games ago. Nuno knows best. We also now have options from the bench, which make us very much a proper force to be reckoned with. Top 5 certainly on and who knows maybe even the top 4! I love the old gold n black. The neighbours don't though...

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congratulations to Nuno, the coaches, players and fans.
A fine example of the cod Latin phrase "Illegitimi non carborundum".

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes up for the first game at Molineux, where we absolutely murdered them. Not on it today but neither were Spurs. On the balance of attacking intent and chances I think Wolves deserved the win.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I one of the few who are not surprised by this win?

Boly at fault for the first, Vinagre for the second probably but so what? All players will make mistakes no matter how good. The reality is that we can, have and will again go behind but win. One of the few times in 60odd years of supporting I ain't fussed when we we concede.

Jimenez was 'poor' but it don't matter because he is one top class striker and still scored with a fantastic bit of composed finishing. This is why we will always be in with a shout in games. We have a 'proper' Wolves team again. (subject to modern football being 'proper').

So many posts on here again in the Comms thread showing an embarrassing lack of footballing knowledge IMO.

We go into games expecting to win now and I think many Wolves fans need to 'get it'. Last 16 of the second biggest European competition and just 3 points of fourth position and IMO closing in on that spot with some intent.

Nuno still yet to complete three years in the job. A quite staggering statistic.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wanna say - thanks Nuno and the boys for another fantastic win! Our first match at the new WHL and we win! These matches against Spurs are making up for so much misery inflicted by them on us - notably in the cup competitions (UEFA 1972, LC 1973, FA Cup 1981, FA Cup in the 90s). Apart from the early 70s they were always a little bit better than us. But now, the tables are turned. They're not so good and have an over-rated manager (grenade let off for all you Mourinho lovers..). We are simply better. The boys in the main, were fantastic. The goal scorers were the usual suspects. But of the three, Doc had the better all round match today. Good defensively and of course fantastic in attack. No wonder Nuno stuck with him when he was a bit dodgy a few games ago. Nuno knows best. We also now have options from the bench, which make us very much a proper force to be reckoned with. Top 5 certainly on and who knows maybe even the top 4! I love the old gold n black. The neighbours don't though...

Well said.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Poor and sloppy first half. Carried on to a point in second. Boly was not at his best on the ball today for me. First half Vinagre was targeted but improved second half got more physical.

Second half itself was a typical Wolves performance we were much busier. Always a threat on the break. Jota over last 2 weeks has been world class. The run to set up the winner was immense.

As a team we have things to improve on we all know but wins like this are why we watch football.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a slow start from us Spurs on top opening 15 mins and got ahead, we probably edged the the rest of the half apart from the last 5 mins. Raul not in the game much first half, Jota the main threat.
Better second half great to see Jota get his goal Spurs resorting to fouling Traore to stop him, great run and pass from Jota to set up Raul for the winner and great step inside and finish from Raul , cool as you like

Back
Top Bottom