Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs 1 King Gary's Wolves 2 - Verdict Thread

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were going to get battered today, so happy to be proven wrong.

We were fantastic to a man today. Special mentions: Joao Gomes, Semedo, RAN and all 3 cb’s.

What a performance!!!!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outstanding game. So happy with the performance. We only got dominated for about... 10 minutes of gameplay to start the second half (and a couple for the first half) and then it was all us again. Wonderful performance.

Hwang's composure in front of the net definitely needs to be questioned at times, haha. But still a hard worker.

Sarabia and Neto were great.

Gomes unreal. That's my boy.

Dawson was great outside of the Spurs goal.

Semedo also very good.

Sa much better when we don't let him kick the ball as much haha

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
First of all what a brilliant game of football.

We deserved to win that, think Gary got his tactics bang on.

Gomes will get the plaudits of course but so many candidates for MOTM, Semedo, Toti, Lemina.

We’re a proper, proper team.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First of all what a brilliant game of football.

We deserved to win that, think Gary got his tactics bang on.

Gomes will get the plaudits of course but so many candidates for MOTM, Semedo, Toti, Lemina.

We’re a proper, proper team.
How do you rate this current side v Nuno's team Jade?

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-2 flattered Spuds. We should have scored more. We were wasteful and some of our decision making was poor, but at the end of the day, we won, doing the double over Spuds to go with doubles over Everton and Chelsea.
Delighted for Joao and thought the back line was great. Semedo a little below his best of the last few matches, but he was up against Son for the most part. Hwang was rusty, Sarabia and Neto wasted some good chances, but the best midfielder player on the park by a country mile was Joao Gomes. Take a bow, son.
We never score from corners, but today got two. :p
Semedo was brilliant today .

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, I'm sold. Give O'Neil a four year contract, a statue, and a box of Hwang's mum's cookies.

All things considered, with Cunha and the deflating defeat last week, that was our best result of the season. Joao Gomes IS Wolves. He just is. It was going to take something miraculous to replace the legend of Neves, and they're vastly different types of players, but in terms of cult status he is becoming the heartbeat behind Neto's panache and gloss.

I was an O'Neil detractor back in August, and never have I been more happy and humble to be so completely wrong. It's starting to look special again.

Stunning result.

Never, ever, ever free Joao Gomes.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am proud of this team. The football is excellent and all the players bust a gut. We also have some seriously talented players. Credit must go to ONeil and his coaches. What a job they are doing. The way they are playing has certainly given me a big lift during some pretty dark times in recent months. They are a joy to watch.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am proud of this team. The football is excellent and all the players bust a gut. We also have some seriously talented players. Credit must go to ONeil and his coaches. What a job they are doing. The way they are playing has certainly given me a big lift during some pretty dark times in recent months. They are a joy to watch.
Good to hear Mate, today was absolutely unbelievable.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno had better players but this team is much better to watch.
I agree. I didn't think I'd enjoy watching Wolves again so soon after Nuno but what GON is putting together now is really exciting. They are great going forward, compact at the back and have a togetherness which is really wonderful. Can't quite believe it!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno had better players but this team is much better to watch.
Interesting topic.

Who gets in this team from nuno’s assuming everyone is fit? The obvious choice is Neves but seeing what lemina and Gomes do and the dynamism they bring in this style I’m not so sure. I’d be interested to see everyone’s hybrid team.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
I agree. I didn't think I'd enjoy watching Wolves again so soon after Nuno but what GON is putting together now is really exciting. They are great going forward, compact at the back and have a togetherness which is really wonderful. Can't quite believe it!
So right. It’s genuinely exciting watching us these days. Win or lose and it makes going to the games so much more enjoyable.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet that Korean girl is a bundle of fun.
:cool:
I know I'm old but who are these people? Are they on the net filming themselves watching football? What are we meant to do - watch them , watching football? The ****ing world's gone ****ing bonkers! Who gives a **** what they think? Do we have Wolves fans doing the same thing? FFS.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant performance, this week the players followed the gameplan.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Interesting topic.

Who gets in this team from nuno’s assuming everyone is fit? The obvious choice is Neves but seeing what lemina and Gomes do and the dynamism they bring in this style I’m not so sure. I’d be interested to see everyone’s hybrid team.
Patricio
Kilman Dawson Boly
Semedo Lemina Neves Ait-Nouri
Cunha
Raul Jota

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Classic counter attacking performance Gomez took his goals well had a great game. No one had a bad game. Front line and wingbacks all caused problems. Hwang not too many chances, but made a lot of good runs and played in others.
Dawson had a good game too, defense looks so much more solid when he has a good game

Well done all great result
Not being arsey but he's from a Portuguese not a Spanish speaking country.... His surname ends with "s" not "z"....

Agree the content.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fantastic team performance again some real stand outs Pedro Neto for the assist and obviously Joao Gomes for the goals but my god how good was Semedo?! Son didn't know what to do against him!
But Semedo is crap, lol...... When he has one bad game the same old rubbish will start again ......

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know I'm old but who are these people? Are they on the net filming themselves watching football? What are we meant to do - watch them , watching football? The ****ing world's gone ****ing bonkers! Who gives a **** what they think? Do we have Wolves fans doing the same thing? FFS.
I think they are basically YouTube personalities who do other content during the week, and then film themselves watching the match and chatting with others doing the same (kind of like the comms thread). Then they splice up the best bits for these videos, which serves as advertising for their channel more or less.

But yes, i find it pretty odd as well.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Mr O’Neil must be loving his job at the minute, imagine how he’ll feel when he cracks the “playing defensive opponents at home” situation I said a few weeks ago to forget Europe, were a small squad, we won’t cope with injuries and suspensions, happy to be wrong again but let’s not build pressure “expecting” Europe

Back
Top Bottom