Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs 1 King Gary's Wolves 2 - Verdict Thread

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If ever a team was more suited to us i have yet to see it
Wide open at the back and lightweight in the middle
We played it perfectly on the counter and tbh we should have had 4
Hwang and Bellegarde should have scored easily i think had Sarabia scored it was offside
Thank god they missed that last minute chance because we fully deserved that win

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Classic counter attacking performance Gomez took his goals well had a great game. No one had a bad game. Front line and wingbacks all caused problems. Hwang not too many chances, but made a lot of good runs and played in others.
Dawson had a good game too, defense looks so much more solid when he has a good game

Well done all great result
Yeah hwang pretty quiet today. Everyone else superb

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Errrrrr, not quite. Spurs rely on Porro and Udogie to make their system work. Dont want to take anything away from a brilliant Wolves performance but they missed those two today.

And thats their problem, Ange doesnt seem to know how to change said system to work in his favour when they're out

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-2 flattered Spuds. We should have scored more. We were wasteful and some of our decision making was poor, but at the end of the day, we won, doing the double over Spuds to go with doubles over Everton and Chelsea.
Delighted for Joao and thought the back line was great. Semedo a little below his best of the last few matches, but he was up against Son for the most part. Hwang was rusty, Sarabia and Neto wasted some good chances, but the best midfielder player on the park by a country mile was Joao Gomes. Take a bow, son.
We never score from corners, but today got two. :p

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the Wolves way - underperform and lose to average or **** teams, but play brilliantly against teams that are expected to beat us.
Superb performance across the pitch today. MOTM obvious choice is Gomes, but Semedo and Ait Nouri deserve huge amounts of credit too.
Conceding so many only becomes an issue when we stop scoring.
We really need to follow this up with a dominant and professional victory over SUFC rather than be charitable as is normally the way with us.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't watch it but from reading the posts, sounds like a well deserved win. We get our home form back on the rails and there won't be anything to stop us marching all the way into Europe and, who knows, back to Wembley! Well done the old gold n black, erm red, army!

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs style was made for GONs raiders with their high defensive tactic against our scorchingly quick forwards. Throughout the game our defenders crowded them out or blocked their moves along with Lamina and gomes piling in, joao even having the energy to score the goals.
Absolutely magnificent from them all.

Middlesex Mixer

Groupie
Reaction score
I guess the large Korean contingent of supporters from both side would have felt a bit underwhelmed :(

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know whether it’s luck or judgment, I suspect a bit of both, but there is just something so fundamentally likeable running right the way through our team and management at the minute.

It’s like the perfect side we needed after the relative slog and stagnation of the last couple of years.

The acid test is now next week, win that and that table is going to look proper tasty.

Superb stuff.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic all over the pitch. We had one lapse and got punished for it, but we are bloody lethal on the counter. Amazing performance and result. Top, top drawer stuff.
Was messaging a Spurs-supporting pal throughout. Sharing bits about our teams.

I said we are lethal on the break and we're really an awkward fixture for teams looking to dominate at home at the moment.

I think the Chelsea result was no reflection on Poch and today nothing to do with Spurs being Spursey about the top 4.

We're just brilliant on the counter.

I counted that Neto, Cunha and Hwang have only started together 6 times this season.

I really thought we'd struggle on the counter without Cunha as he seems to be the golden thread.

Fair play to Gary - he makes it work with who is available! Apart from Fabio and Sasa!

Last edited:

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
We are bang mid-table (10-5-10), almost probably going nowhere in the league but massively entertaining and just the most awkward opponent if you're looking to play on the front foot you could imagine.

We'll obviously lose to Bournmouth at home, beat Man City away, goalless v Forest etc etc.!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Semedo was absolutely outstanding. As was Lemina. As was Neto. The two goals ensure Gomes was MOTM. The other monumental performance was by the manager. Tactics and subs bang on.

Back
Top Bottom