Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs 1 King Gary's Wolves 2 - Verdict Thread

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the expressions lad I watched earlier and was talking about!!!

I genuinely enjoy his content! He is so quick and funny with his way of describing things and comparing it to something else!

He is a genuinely good bloke to deal with in the commercial media space by all accounts as he is just so funny naturally
I thought he was really funny. Love to hear that as a 5-Live report

DJLWolf

Reaction score
What a superb win.

That game was perfect for us yesterday in terms of playing with a low block and hitting on the counter.

The big question is, can we follow it up with a win against Sheffield United which will be the opposite sort of game.

Come on you wolves!Well done boys.

Rowzed

Reaction score
He will go for big money but let’s enjoy him first
If Neto can maintain form and play the season out without injury then he will eclipse Jota’s 45m this summer. Might just outdo Jota and MGW combined.

If he re-injures badly and misses the summer window then we’d be lucky to get Collins money for him. For that reason I hope Mendes can do the deal before he joins Portugal for the Euros. He’s a great player and fully deserves a Euros free from anxiety (as do we).

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all this FFP clampdown going on the days of over inflated fees are now gone i reckon. We will do well to get 60 million for Neto now sadly.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From Sky Sports, who writes this guff?

But from Spurs' point of view, both goals were preventable. Gomes' first in the 42nd minute came from an unmarked header after Pablo Sarabia's corner.
The second was the result of Pedro Neto's fine counter-attack - something Tottenham struggled to contain all game - that was finished well by Gomes (63).
They were sandwiched either side of a smartly taken goal from Dejan Kulusevski 34 seconds into the second half, but it was not enough to inspire a Spurs comeback.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Been thinking that myself Muggy.

Has he ever scored against us?
MotD said not. Thing is though I've seen him still look good, yesterday Semedo not only had him in his pocket, he still found time to attack too. See similar for Sterling at Chelsea. Nelson is playing out of his skin at the moment.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me his kicking was even worse than Sa, could hardly even reach the halfway line and always to Doherty, he was also rooted to his line too much for me on crosses, but pretty good at shot stopping.
Patricio was a very good keeper. His shotstopping and general handling were excellent but his kicking was dreadful and he got beaten at his near post far too often. He also wasn't convincing in one-on-one situations and sweeping, as you say he had a tendency to stay back on his line too much.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As usual Gary's post match conference was very impressive. Apart from excellent tactics and subs most of the time it's the improvements in the likes of Semedo. Ait-Nouri, Cunha, Neto, Hwang, Tito and Joao that stand out. Simply good one to one coaching and brilliant team spirit created. If he goes on like this one of the big clubs will come calling. Has good communication skills and a humble demeanour. It's hard to ask for more.
He wants to keep hold of Neto and get in a blessed striker- time the board/Fosun gave him some proper support in the transfer market without having to sell the crown jewels. After all Fabio, Guedes and Podence alone should raise £30m + for starters if they can have a decent second half of the season.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all this FFP clampdown going on the days of over inflated fees are now gone i reckon. We will do well to get 60 million for Neto now sadly.
If you are right and I'm not convinced as TV money will be increasing, then whomever we spend the Neto money on will also have a lower fee. If we were to get £60m, then we could do a lot with that sort of money, especially if our targets were 'cheaper'.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the first half was quite an open game, but we had more of an idea of what we wanted to do than Spurs and executed it well.

The early second half goal gave Spurs some belief and for 20 minutes or so they huffed and puffed. Our second killed them and we had the best chances after that. Spurs didn't do much. They had that one chance that Davies should have at least headed on target but other than that nothing.

Joao Gomes the Man of the Match. A proper Scrappy-Doo performance, nibbling at the Spurs players ankles. I didn't expect him to be the one to score a header from a corner, and it was a nice first time finish for the second.

The fans were in good voice as well. Spurs away has been a happy hunting ground since our return to the Premier League.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno had better players but this team is much better to watch.
Do you think he did? I was thinking about it the other day and for me, I think this set are better in most positions.

The only players from Nuno’s side that I would snap your hand off for, are a pre injury, Raul, Jota and Rui.

I will probably get slated for this but for me, Neves and Moutinho don’t get in this team. Great players in their own right but a massive part of why we were so slow, ponderous and predictable in midfield.

I think a big part of the success that we are enjoying at the moment is because when Gomes and Lemina overturn possession, their first thought seems to be to move forward. Either by running with the ball or passing forward. Neves and Moutinho generally passed it square or backwards and rarely ran with it.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really seem to be Son's Kryptonite. Never seen him play well against us.

Without Kane diving everywhere, they haven’t looked the same spurs when they have played us!

But!

Huge Credit to GON here, as we showed i think 3 rotating during play defensive set ups depending on who had the ball for them and where in our half.

Was a fantastic set up and defensive strategy today!

Plus, while one goal was Neto doing Neto like things, we are now creating more where the last assist isn’t Neto! Very big change from early days.

We have a good set up and set traps for the big boys, just like the good old Nuno days!

Except we have a bit more about us now in the attacking sense than then IMO

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was really funny. Love to hear that as a 5-Live report

I watch him whether spurs win lose or draw……

Not even a guilty pleasure! I tell people ahhaha

Sometimes, regardless of the club you can just enjoy a persons content and he is one of those people for me.

Just a turn your brain off and enjoy yourself few mins! Sometimes that is exactly what the dr orders!

JJ59

Reaction score
Do you think he did? I was thinking about it the other day and for me, I think this set are better in most positions.

The only players from Nuno’s side that I would snap your hand off for, are a pre injury, Raul, Jota and Rui.

I will probably get slated for this but for me, Neves and Moutinho don’t get in this team. Great players in their own right but a massive part of why we were so slow, ponderous and predictable in midfield.

I think a big part of the success that we are enjoying at the moment is because when Gomes and Lemina overturn possession, their first thought seems to be to move forward. Either by running with the ball or passing forward. Neves and Moutinho generally passed it square or backwards and rarely ran with it.
Interesting to ponder what O'Neill might have improved in Neves performance.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Neves, Boly, Raul, Rui

Patricio
Semedo
Ait nouri
Kilman
Dawson
Boly
Neves
Gomes
Cunha
Neto
Raul

It’s a bit scary how quickly people forget just how bloody good Neves was - he was massively high in defensive stats as well as his forward technical ability. He could do more under O’Neil than he was allowed to do back then too.

Prime Boly was a rolls Royce as well, he’d have thrived in the Toti role.

I have Cunha and Neto ahead of Diogo too.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have just enjoyed a YouTuber called expressions talking about the game from a spurs perspective.

He has a beautiful grasp on the English language to paint a rich tapestry of his opinion!
Been watching him for a few years. Funniest of all time was watching his live watch-along for Spurs away at Newcastle last season.

I had the radio commentary on at the same time and so got to hear each goal 30 seconds before the bad news reached his ears.

3-0 down inside the first ten minutes and 5-0 down after twenty minutes.

Another who is quick witted and can paint hilarious pictures with words is Flying Pig of Man United.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MotD said not. Thing is though I've seen him still look good, yesterday Semedo not only had him in his pocket, he still found time to attack too. See similar for Sterling at Chelsea. Nelson is playing out of his skin at the moment.
Son is a great player and scores great goals, except when he plays against us!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you are right and I'm not convinced as TV money will be increasing, then whomever we spend the Neto money on will also have a lower fee. If we were to get £60m, then we could do a lot with that sort of money, especially if our targets were 'cheaper'.

Even with the TV money, teams are going to be a lot more wary of how they spend their money. I still think we will see big fees here and there, but we arent going to see the likes of Chelsea lashing out ridiculous money on players and inflating the market anymore.

It is going to have a knock on effect like you say. Players we buy will also have lower prices i reckon.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reading the bbc gossip column yesterday, said something like spurs, Liverpool and arsenal all interested in 60m Neto.

Then 3 lines down said something like arsenal value saka at 150-200m

Neto has gotta be in the same bracket as saka (not saying either is worth £200m!), but just feel like it's Wolves that teams can start tire kicking on the value but massively overvalue their own players. Was similar with Neves.

I think due to his age and massive long contract, and hes used to the premier league you gotta say £80m for Neto.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo is probably the most improved player this season. Far better judgement with and without the ball.
Say what you like but the evidence suggests we are better coached this season and that has to be on O Neil.
35 points in Feb is unreal
Agree. The 'we were right all along' brigade are doing O'Neil a disservice.

There was a moment against Chelsea a few weeks ago where he lost the ball high up the field and absolutely broke his neck to get back. Never saw that previously. Something has changed, whether he's got into Semedo's head I don't know, but he's playing with far more intensity now.

Also, he's always looking to run beyond Sarabia and whilst his end product isn't always there, he's much more incisive than the guy who would simply turn back and play a short pass inside.

We've seen Semedo to through decent patches previously under Lage but I'd say he's playing the best football of his career right now and O'Neil and the coaching team have to take a huge portion of the credit.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the bbc gossip column yesterday, said something like spurs, Liverpool and arsenal all interested in 60m Neto.

Neto has gotta be in the same bracket as saka (not saying either is worth £200m!), but just feel like it's Wolves that teams can start tire kicking on the value but massively overvalue their own players. Was similar with Neves.

I think due to his age and massive long contract, and hes used to the premier league you gotta say £80m for Neto.

I would have agreed with you before we started getting these points deductions, but i dont think now its going to be the case. One way around it, and i'm not sure how it all works, would be to have fees with better addons for players reaching certain targets but a lower initial outlay.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But from Spurs' point of view, both goals were preventable. Gomes' first in the 42nd minute came from an unmarked header after Pablo Sarabia's corner.
The second was the result of Pedro Neto's fine counter-attack - something Tottenham struggled to contain all game - that was finished well by Gomes (63).
They were sandwiched either side of a smartly taken goal from Dejan Kulusevski 34 seconds into the second half, but it was not enough to inspire a Spurs comeback.
To be fair, if we'd have conceded a goal like Gomes' first I'd have been fuming.

At the same time, Kulusevski's (whilst well-taken) goal was down to us switching off from a throw-in, and Gomes' technique to take a bobbling ball and stroke it past Vicario probably hasn't received the credit it deserved

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes headed goal was great to watch.

Loads of players in front of him when the ball came over. He just jumped effortlessly and seemed to pick his spot and it ended up in the perfect place, well away from the keeper.

Considering he’s not the tallest of players, he did brilliantly and it was great to watch.

He’s a top, top player.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been watching him for a few years. Funniest of all time was watching his live watch-along for Spurs away at Newcastle last season.

I had the radio commentary on at the same time and so got to hear each goal 30 seconds before the bad news reached his ears.

3-0 down inside the first ten minutes and 5-0 down after twenty minutes.

Another who is quick witted and can paint hilarious pictures with words is Flying Pig of Man United.

Bang on mate!!!!!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think that Loppy would have got as much from these players as GON is? I don't, as I believe that Loppy can be a divisive personality, while GON has built a togetherness and team-spirit and established a 'family' as Lemina referred to, recently.
No I don’t but hindsight is a great gift. GON has seriously over performed so far and boy am I enjoying it

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sky six spaffalong reporter whose acca got dented by us after backing Arsenal and Liverpool for away wins lolz

Wolf In Essex

Reaction score
Anyone know why Toti was pulling Gomes hair when he scored? Strange celebration, but if it works please carry on.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a superb win.

That game was perfect for us yesterday in terms of playing with a low block and hitting on the counter.

The big question is, can we follow it up with a win against Sheffield United which will be the opposite sort of game.

Come on you wolves!Well done boys.
Realistically, a point for Sheffield Utd will do nothing for them. They're at a cliff edge now. They need to win a couple of the bounce to even get back in the conversation. So, hopefully we get a few opportunities to get in behind.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We undersold, but also massively oversold Neves, though. I don't we think undervalued him as such... we just had an agreement with him, which is fair enough. He did us a favour by taking the mega bucks in Saudi and we definitely benefitted vs. a European move.

Neto might be similar (behind the scenes), sadly.

Arsenal don't have to promise their players anything, nor will they be financially pressured in to losing players before their peak, in Saka's case. That's the difference for me.

Back
Top Bottom