Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sporting Lisbon vs Wolves

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was an interesting game as far as friendlies go and not so friendly at times, The penalties yes ours was blatant, the Neves collision in the box was what it was a collision and the penalty that was given to Sporting was a dive, but hey ho 1-1 was a fair result, some nice inter play by us at times without the end product, defensively we were solid, in midfield Neves ran the show for us, Joao did what Joao does keeps the ball ticking over but usually at a slow pace, Donk does what Donk does runs around a lot but if he is the answer Iv no idea what the question is, Podence had one of his infuriating games fell over a lot and gave the ball away to much, RAN is some player and getting better every game if he is still with us in 12 months time I will be amazed.
The game also showed us what most of us already know, if the first 11 stays fit we will be okay but if we get major injuries then we are going to struggle in midfield and up front, I would have liked to have seen Ronan have a run out for 45 minutes just to see if he can be an alternative to Donk because he just might be the midfield option that we need, Hwang is never going to be back up nor an option to Raul we simply have to sign another forward otherwise we could well struggle to score even the limited amount of goals that we usually score. If we need to raise funds by selling a player or 2 then the ones who we could afford to let go are Traore, Podence, Boly, Hwang, Donk and if the price was right and with great reluctance Coady (£30 million) and not a penny less, I dont see any of those players being automatic starters with the way Bruno wants to play, sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the greater good and this may be one of those times.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was an interesting game as far as friendlies go and not so friendly at times, The penalties yes ours was blatant, the Neves collision in the box was what it was a collision and the penalty that was given to Sporting was a dive, but hey ho 1-1 was a fair result, some nice inter play by us at times without the end product, defensively we were solid, in midfield Neves ran the show for us, Joao did what Joao does keeps the ball ticking over but usually at a slow pace, Donk does what Donk does runs around a lot but if he is the answer Iv no idea what the question is, Podence had one of his infuriating games fell over a lot and gave the ball away to much, RAN is some player and getting better every game if he is still with us in 12 months time I will be amazed.
The game also showed us what most of us already know, if the first 11 stays fit we will be okay but if we get major injuries then we are going to struggle in midfield and up front, I would have liked to have seen Ronan have a run out for 45 minutes just to see if he can be an alternative to Donk because he just might be the midfield option that we need, Hwang is never going to be back up nor an option to Raul we simply have to sign another forward otherwise we could well struggle to score even the limited amount of goals that we usually score. If we need to raise funds by selling a player or 2 then the ones who we could afford to let go are Traore, Podence, Boly, Hwang, Donk and if the price was right and with great reluctance Coady (£30 million) and not a penny less, I dont see any of those players being automatic starters with the way Bruno wants to play, sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the greater good and this may be one of those times.
Well said. Exactly how I see it.

First team superb. Perhaps as good as it's been. Squad threadbare. Gamble

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman's monitoring showed he makes as many bursts and sprints in one half as he does in a whole match, when 3 at the back.
The frustrating aspect is that in a back 3 it should be far easier for one of the 3 CBs to break forward, compared to a traditional 2 CB setup. Sheffield United on their return to the PL were a recent example.

We never really cracked this.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Hwang…derided seconds after stepping on the pitch (after zero pre-season and an injury hit end to last season) yet still had the best chance we created in open play. He wont get the leeway that Podence/MGW/Jimenez/Traore will be allowed
He missed it! His first touch on two occasions was appalling! He is a truly awful player. Now, if I am proved wrong this season, fair enough, and I'll be happy to acknowledge my inability to judge a player. But on the evidence so far: dreadful.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He missed it! His first touch on two occasions was appalling! He is a truly awful player. Now, if I am proved wrong this season, fair enough, and I'll be happy to acknowledge my inability to judge a player. But on the evidence so far: dreadful.

Reminds me of Jed Wallace, you can see why they signed him and it's not his fault as you can see how hard he's trying but he just looks simply out of his depth

Back
Top Bottom