Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spectatorless football

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it isn't much without us piling into the ground. Football isn't football as a TV sport without us. I know its the obvious thing to say but game after game, night after night and disappointment at the games flatness as players can't squeeze out that extra something that makes us go down the grounds. I wonder how long it will be before we can go back to become active as fans who can influence the games.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Judging by the arrangements for schools next year it’s going to be awhile before we’re back in the grounds.

At least it’s the same for everyone.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think for the beginning of next season we should go back to full capacity, maybe PPE required and people take that risk if they want to. I know I would be one of them.
No chance sadly.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day and I think one of the big draws is that under normal circumstances you know an event is going on, people gathering in one place to watch something, whereas now you haven’t got that.

I think you are also seeing a lack of intensity driven by lack of crowd as well, but it just not being an event is a big thing.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every game is like a glorified training session. It’s definitely affected us to, we lack that usual intensity.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree its flat but it's up to Nuno to get them at it -and he has said publically its not football which he shouldn't have said imo.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I think for the beginning of next season we should go back to full capacity, maybe PPE required and people take that risk if they want to. I know I would be one of them.
I get your point but all those people who are quite happy taking the risk would also be taking the risk for everyone else they come into contact with too, including parents, grandparents, work colleagues, the pensioners on the bus and shopping in Asda etc. etc. See where we are come August and September and we may be in a better position to make decisions then.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is what it is. The world will never be the same as it was much as people would like to think it will be. I am glad football is back and I have enjoyed all the games I've watched, probably in an act of rebellion as to what is going on. I think the players of all clubs have done a terrific job in going out and playing. If the whole of next season is bcd then so be it. At least we have our club and football.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe football clubs, the football hierarchy and TV outlets will appreciate fans more after this and do more to look after them.

But maybe not

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would watch Glastonbury on the television if the bands were playing to an empty field? I can't bring myself to enjoy watching any football at all - just sterile.

Better on the radio, mind.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s ****. But tbh most things post lockdown are ****. This eat out nonsense is the same. Going to a pub/ restaurant sat 2m apart with staff in masks and behind Perspex screens is not enjoyable. Same for the shops and hairdressers. The fun and pleasure has been taken from everything. We seem to have forgotten that life is not simply a game of making sure we are around for as much time as possible. We also actually have to live our lives .... or what’s the point.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s ****. But tbh most things post lockdown are ****. This eat out nonsense is the same. Going to a pub/ restaurant sat 2m apart with staff in masks and behind Perspex screens is not enjoyable. Same for the shops and hairdressers. The fun and pleasure has been taken from everything. We seem to have forgotten that life is not simply a game of making sure we are around for as much time as possible. We also actually have to live our lives .... or what’s the point.
Have you been to a pub yet?
It's pretty much the same as before in terms of actually meeting up with friends and having a drink.
This is what we will have for the rest of 2020 for the very least unfortunately

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls think clubs will lose a lot of fans after its all over .some fans will be to sacred to come back some will have lost interest and some will just not bother to get into the match day ritual aging .good job we have a 10 000 waiting list .stay safe COME ON ME BABIES .

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls think clubs will lose a lot of fans after its all over .some fans will be to sacred to come back some will have lost interest and some will just not bother to get into the match day ritual aging .good job we have a 10 000 waiting list .stay safe COME ON ME BABIES .

I think you're right unfortunately. It'll take years for football to fully recover from this. That's if it ever does. It's likely some more clubs will go to the wall as well.

It could be a totally different football landscape in 3 years time.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even from the point of view of away days, it's pretty much over for now.
Spending 2/3 hours on a coach to some strange town off the beaten track, to get to the destination and have to queue up outside it's pubs for the chance of a drink when you only have a few hours anyway.
No thanks

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe football clubs, the football hierarchy and TV outlets will appreciate fans more after this and do more to look after them.

But maybe not
Probably the opposite. Less hassle all round for them programming matches for particular days & times etc. No need for a police presence at matches, no traffic congestion near grounds etc. No worries over VAR holding up play & leading to crowd unrest etc. No yellow cards for taking off the shirt or inciting/offending the crowd. No possibility of racist/homophobic/transphobic abuse. No one gurning & waving outside the commentary box.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you been to a pub yet?
It's pretty much the same as before in terms of actually meeting up with friends and having a drink.
This is what we will have for the rest of 2020 for the very least unfortunately

raced back last weekend and was a big anti climax. The village local has a one way system and a queue. Some tables removed and squares have been marked out on the floor in yellow tape telling you where you can and cannot stand. All staff behind a screen and in masks. Tables pushed miles apart. Warning signs all over about risk of death if I fail to comply. Then they took my name and telephone number to record.

I won’t be going back - it’s just not pleasurable at all and if thats what going to the pub now entails I will just stay sober and sane at home.

Stay in. Go out. Eat out. Don’t wear a mask. Wear a mask. Don’t see you parents. See only one parent. But in a park. And stay 2m apart.Eat out Monday to Wednesday. But don’t forget CV kills fat people. It’s all very boring now and like I say... I think people are, perhaps subconsciously, starting to forget what life is for. Stockholm syndrome.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
when you have to get a tempersture check and wear a face mask just to get a haircut I would not get too excited. No singing. No standing.Wear a mask. Wear a visor. No food. No drink. Sit 3 seats apart. What fun. Can’t wait.

Exactly. Fans won't be back normally until there's a vaccine. Don't hold your breath about that happening for at least another 12 months.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Initial enthusiasm has waned since re-start.The thing is if you don't go to matches ,the whole day out and long journey back is the football experience with a match inbetween i don't feel so emotionally involved any longer. Win or lose doesn't linger with me which it did before.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching TV this morning. And they are thinking of opening indoor theatres with social distancing

Surely that is not as safe as an open air football stadium with social distancing (reduced capacity)?

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is is that as we all know there is a moronic minority of fans at every single club that make it their mission to go against every single bit of advice or rules that they are given. What happens when the first one decides he ain’t wearing a face mask? Can you kick him out the stadium without his mates piling in? Can you stop people from congregating in large groups singing and dancing as we all do at the football? What about nipping to the loo at half time? Can you stop old Bert from chucking splash back up your trainer? Until the definitive answer to these and many more questions is yes then you won’t be watching football in the flesh so just be happy with what you’ve got because you ain’t getting anything else in the near future.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the football has improved. The first week was poor as teams were clearly not up to fitness and I was worried this would all be a bit of a damp squib, but with match sharpness building and the temperature dropping, games have had far more intensity bar a few bore fests. Had some proper entertaining games, having crowd noise on definitely helps.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
When this is finally and completely over, and it will be over one day, even if it's a year or two or three into the future I think people will be even more keen to go to a match. Can you imagine that first game back in a packed Molineux? It will be amazing and the players (of all teams) will be grateful for it too. They will hopefully never take fans for granted again.

It's hard to keep perspective at the moment and it's easy to despair about life not being normal so it's time to take risks etc. but acting and behaving properly now gives us the best chance of life being back to normal more quickly in the future. It sucks, but I think it's worth the sacrifice.

RobB

Reaction score
It is clear now how important fans and atmosphere are.

They should start letting fans attend, the virus has been and gone, apparently the Charity Shield at the end of August is going to have fans but there is no reason we can't start now.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
The mid half drinks/team talk break kills any flow of play.
Yup, unfortunately they expected summer to be hot, but unfortunately we had summer in the spring, then straight into autumn this year, something else we can blame Boris for I'm sure.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most, if not all, on the playing side and fans want to see grounds with fans again. Don't confuse that with the pimps, pop sellers and 'lets-flog-the-betting-site' and to hell with kids addiction who now have the game firmly in the grip of the dollar.

Of course the playing staff are now all millionaires because of that so suggest they are now, to some extent, twixt rock and hard place.

Fans have been dripped into 'most important' glue pot like a wasps in a jam jar. The movers and shakers, governing bodies and police will pay lip service to opening up again but as long as the money rolls in with the added 'bonus' of fans being out of the equation football will carry on with or without them in grounds.

I am pleased it's back to watch but I am of the age where my attendance in person isn't what it used to be. Like many other issues such as the High Street the pandemic has, to a greater or lesser extent, only made what was already happening gain pace.

It will be interesting just how football pans out this next year or two but there are those who would see the game continue with televised games being the normal way to watch your team.

If that does happen in large or small way then football will lose a bit more of its integrity and reasons for existing. Or is it just evolution? If it is it's evolving to extinction as something communities identify with.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I just feel like I am watching a pre-season friendly and the obligatory drinks break for the players just make it feel less competitive, the season is just pointless and petering out for me

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
raced back last weekend and was a big anti climax. The village local has a one way system and a queue. Some tables removed and squares have been marked out on the floor in yellow tape telling you where you can and cannot stand. All staff behind a screen and in masks. Tables pushed miles apart. Warning signs all over about risk of death if I fail to comply. Then they took my name and telephone number to record.

I won’t be going back - it’s just not pleasurable at all and if thats what going to the pub now entails I will just stay sober and sane at home.

Stay in. Go out. Eat out. Don’t wear a mask. Wear a mask. Don’t see you parents. See only one parent. But in a park. And stay 2m apart.Eat out Monday to Wednesday. But don’t forget CV kills fat people. It’s all very boring now and like I say... I think people are, perhaps subconsciously, starting to forget what life is for. Stockholm syndrome.
This sounds incredibly OTT.
Staff do not have to wear a mask if they don't want to. Having a temp check on entry and filling in a form takes all of 2 minutes.
Maybe it's just that pub in question but I don't blame you for not going back.
This is Sedgley Wetherspoons for comparison
Screenshot_2020-07-10-17-24-58-84.jpg

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
This sounds incredibly OTT.
Staff do not have to wear a mask if they don't want to. Having a temp check on entry and filling in a form takes all of 2 minutes.
Maybe it's just that pub in question but I don't blame you for not going back.
This is Sedgley Wetherspoons for comparison
View attachment 16180
WOW!!! That looks incredibly popular ;-)

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha well that is an hour before opening. The usual crowd start forming around 7.50am

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score

Haha well that is an hour before opening. The usual crowd start forming around 7.50am
Fair play to you stuj, I think it would have been during the 2002 World Cup in Japan that I was in pubs (Hogshead) that early in the morning, dedication if the usual crowds get in that early to get a seat ;-)

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's better than no football. I don't mind it that much apart from the ridiculous, needless tactical (drinks) breaks which kill the flow of the game. I also can't stand this five sub rule as managers are making changes they wouldn't dream of before, but sadly looks like that's here to stay.

We'll get there.

Back
Top Bottom