Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton Verdict

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonderful.

I guess many of us on here have similar tales from holidays and watching Wolves matches in pubs where no one else gives a hoot.

That moment of ‘explosion’ when Wolves score always leaves the locals in a state of disbelief… wondering who the nutter is watching the football. Great fun.

I've had two pretty funny ones. Firstly I was in a restaurant in Chile watching that Bristol City game on my phone when Bennett scored that last minute winner. Totally lost myself and got plenty of strange looks from the locals (and the wife). Then a few months later I was in a bar in Granada watching that Cardiff game where they missed two pens in the last minute. The only other person watching was a Fulham fan and we both went absolutely mental, getting some rather strange looks in the process! Best season ever

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything is someone's opinion, but that doesn't mean it's a good one, or that no-one else should disagree (in their opinion). If I said the sky was green, I'd expect someone to send me a photo of it and say "you're an idiot"!
But then you argue the point not the person.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
like going back to the 70s with Parkes hoofing the ball towards Doog.
why not carry on and put Hwang alongside Raul.
It`s said football goes in cycles!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
love our away end when it erupts like that

i watched the cameras pan across brentford fans scoring against liverpool, and it could have been a cricket match. stand up, clap a bit, smile and nod

for some reason our lot go bananas. Like a tin of maggots writhing, people over seats, rushing down stairs, hugging strangers. We're an emotional lot and i love it!!!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that many of our fans are quick to slate Moutinho before and after games but I've just read a post on the Southampton forum that said he played like a QB and that they couldn't get near him, he was continuously finding space and passes, etc. At the same time they are slating their star captain, Ward-Prowse, for being slow, ponderous and not impacting the game at all.

This follows many Notts Forest fans saying Moutinho was one of the best players they had ever seen played against them about a month ago.

Interesting how everybody sees it differently. :)

Great to hear the praise from other fans.

For a while his performances meant he was by far the best player I’d seen in a Wolves shirt, these performances have dipped a little in the last couple of seasons, but I think he is taken for granted a little bit nowadays which is unfair.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

i watched the cameras pan across brentford fans scoring against liverpool, and it could have been a cricket match. stand up, clap a bit, smile and nod

for some reason our lot go bananas. Like a tin of maggots writhing, people over seats, rushing down stairs, hugging strangers. We're an emotional lot and i love it!!!
I noticed a lot of lads running to the bottom corner when Raul scored to celebrate. I love it!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonderful.

I guess many of us on here have similar tales from holidays and watching Wolves matches in pubs where no one else gives a hoot.

That moment of ‘explosion’ when Wolves score always leaves the locals in a state of disbelief… wondering who the nutter is watching the football. Great fun.
I was on holiday when Neves scored that goal against derby, sure Newcastle were playing at the same time. Some Geordies came over too see what I was getting so excited about.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d rather speak about the value of a player in the context of now than an figure some club against his name well over a year ago.

Yep, he’s had three good chances - not easy chances - but he should have scored. That doesn’t mean his overall performances haven’t been good. It’s going to hurt some on here, but he’s been our most consistent performer this season IMO. Rarely has a poor game.
Consider me hurt.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've had two pretty funny ones. Firstly I was in a restaurant in Chile watching that Bristol City game on my phone when Bennett scored that last minute winner. Totally lost myself and got plenty of strange looks from the locals (and the wife). Then a few months later I was in a bar in Granada watching that Cardiff game where they missed two pens in the last minute. The only other person watching was a Fulham fan and we both went absolutely mental, getting some rather strange looks in the process! Best season ever
I can still vividly remember being in a bar in central Rome in 2006 watching us play away to Leeds when Bothroyd scored the injury time screamer to win 1-0. There was only one other customer in the bar and it only became apparent that he was a Leeds fan when he said "FFS", quickly downed his pint and left whilst I was wobbling around on my bar stool and screaming my head off.

Pompey Wolf

Reaction score
Give us a call next time you're in Nicosia Pompey and I'll make sure there's plenty of KEO to go around!
Thanks for that. Unfortunately, we go home tomorrow.
There is always next year. It’s our 4th time in Cyprus (always in or near Paphos) We come for the sun ☀️ and we’re never disappointed

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
"In the end when you win, it doesn't mean you were good or bad in your decisions. We had in mind to put Joao more in the middle to come behind their strikers, because they come with everything to press.
"Joao, for me, is our best midfielder to find spaces in between the lines and spaces behind the midfielders.
Bruno obviously has a different opinion of Moutinho than the keyboard fans on here!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't disagree more. Coady was fine, Marcal had a shocker mate...
I honestly didn’t think either had a lot to do. Southampton wouldn’t of scored in a month of Sunday’s. Hey what do I know if Coady was back to his best then I am glad don’t take my word as gospel! We’re all about the opinions

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can still vividly remember being in a bar in central Rome in 2006 watching us play away to Leeds when Bothroyd scored the injury time screamer to win 1-0. There was only one other customer in the bar and it only became apparent that he was a Leeds fan when he said "FFS", quickly downed his pint and left whilst I was wobbling around on my bar stool and screaming my head off.
Its great when we win BUT...I was in a bar in Mojacar the day we lost 0-5 to Chelsea in (I think) our first season back in the Prem; sadly, quite a few ****neys in there that day.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its great when we win BUT...I was in a bar in Mojacar the day we lost 0-5 to Chelsea in (I think) our first season back in the Prem; sadly, quite a few ****neys in there that day.
2-5 in our second season back? Both my son and I wore our new members’ “lucky socks” to that game. Never again!

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
Interesting posts on the Southampton Fans Forum. Lots of calling for Haselhutt's head. It seems they are waiting for Bielsa to do what he does and walk away from Leeds when the going gets tough. They sound as if they think he would go there.
Some posts pleased for Raoul to be back but all saying Sa won it for us.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Interesting posts on the Southampton Fans Forum. Lots of calling for Haselhutt's head. It seems they are waiting for Bielsa to do what he does and walk away from Leeds when the going gets tough. They sound as if they think he would go there.
If getting walloped 9-0 twice isn’t enough for the sack, losing 1-0 to us isn’t gonna do the trick.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a debacle of a performance that many are suggesting. (With the exception of Marcal)
As our Don said in comms "plenty of excellent intent, just poor execution ".....it'll all click sooner or later.

And Raul... oh bless you young man. Again,as Don said in comms " its not because they have scored,its because of who scored it" **lump in throat**

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
They are welcome to Bielsa - think he is vastly overrated, Would not want him at Wolves.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are welcome to Bielsa - think he is vastly overrated, Would not want him at Wolves.
Who would you want?
Well if Lage was to go, maybe Bielsa is the best of coaches outside of the top tier of coaches.

Personally, I think that for Wolves to really break through to a higher level, we need a really top notch coach.
I am not saying that Lage is not that but I am saying he may not be. I’ll judge him after a season or two.

I think we have a talented squad but I have to wonder what a Pep, Klopp, Poch, etc could achieve with this exact same squad. Much better I suspect.
I suppose it’s like most things…..you get what you pay for.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would you want?
Well if Lage was to go, maybe Bielsa is the best of coaches outside of the top tier of coaches.

Personally, I think that for Wolves to really break through to a higher level, we need a really top notch coach.
I am not saying that Lage is not that but I am saying he may not be. I’ll judge him after a season or two.

I think we have a talented squad but I have to wonder what a Pep, Klopp, Poch, etc could achieve with this exact same squad. Much better I suspect.
With the way Lage was treated in the transfer window there’s not a chance of us getting a top notch coach. If Lage goes Lampard would be my guess for his replacement.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was definitely one of those ‘I was there’ moments’, to see Raul score again and in that manner was emotional foe everyone (even Ralph Hasenheutal it seems)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would you want?

Poch arguably underachieved with Spuds and how can any halfway competent coach not win the French League with PSG?

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There’s something about Podence’s character, can’t put my finger on it, but he’s not the most likeable somehow!
I actually loved Pod’s reaction when Raul scored. Even though Raul chose to ignore him and shoot himself when Pod was in a great position, his reaction to Raul scoring showed how much it meant to him that Raul and Wolves had scored anyway.
I also think his social media posts I have seen, while not best advised, have been very much from a typical fan based type of sense of injustice at bad decisions which also shows how much it means to him
The only aspect I would like him to try and cut out that i’ve seen before is the theatrics after challenges.
Overall, in a background when you can get some players who appear to play just for the money and don’t celebrate goals etc, Pod strikes me that Wolves being successful while he is there is really very important to him and I love the passion he shows.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually loved Pod’s reaction when Raul scored. Even though Raul chose to ignore him and shoot himself when Pod was in a great position, his reaction to Raul scoring showed how much it meant to him that Raul and Wolves had scored anyway.
I also think his social media posts I have seen, while not best advised, have been very much from a typical fan based type of sense of injustice at bad decisions which also shows how much it means to him
The only aspect I would like him to try and cut out that i’ve seen before is the theatrics after challenges.
Overall, in a background when you can get some players who appear to play just for the money and don’t celebrate goals etc, Pod strikes me that Wolves being successful while he is there is really very important to him and I love the passion he shows.
He loves the game and tries to make things happen.
I’ll never knock him for either of those. Maybe success rate, but not attitude.
For those jumping on his social media posts, do remember his reaction to the super league as well, widely lauded by journos, fans, players the world over.

Back
Top Bottom