Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton V Wolves predictions

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Feeling confident !! If we can play anywhere near how we played on sat then bring on the 3 points !!

3 nil please.....to us...thank you very much...Cunha is deffo due a goal

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I think Southampton will make it difficult for us. We struggle against teams that try to defend, and they're fighting for survival.

Southampton 1-1 Wolves (92nd minute equaliser from Ait Nouri)

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-1 or 2-1 to us.

I would still love to give them payback for the 0-6 as that still smarts after all this time. Perhaps this is the weekend the whole team clicks? Nathan Jones has set his stall out. It would be lovely to beat one of the best coaches in Europe. ( ;))

Lest we forget

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems on the back of the Liverpool result there is some over confidence around. I'm seeing it with Everton fans after their win. We should know better. This is Wolves... on the back of a very good win is usually a let down. I hope we perform well and win but this game will not be easy.

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
1-1 or 2-1 to us.

I would still love to give them payback for the 0-6 as that still smarts after all this time. Perhaps this is the weekend the whole team clicks? Nathan Jones has set his stall out. It would be lovely to beat one of the best coaches in Europe. ( ;))

Lest we forget

That game was soooo annoying, they had 6 shots all game if I remember and we had a lod of chances but could have played all night and not scored...!
Got my ticket so C'mon me babbies...

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a match that should tell us how good we are and our chance of survival. I expect a win and the feel good factor to continue.

The Liverpool performance and result will surely kick start our revival under our great head coach.

I don’t want a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 victory. I want a 2-0 or 3-1, just to prove we are on our way back.

Just keep Ward Prowse quiet and don’t give away free kicks within 25 yards of our goal!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui will give Jones the final nail to drive into his own coffin, Wolves win by two, and a little MOTD segment of how the fortunes of two clubs that made managerial appointments at around the same time have differed wildly as one went big on a top level coach, and the other gambled on a narcissistic nutter

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a very close game at Molineux. Probably should have been 1-1 and would have been if Che Adams hadn't managed to handle the ball over the line from a yard out!

But we have improved dramatically since then. They haven't.

Nathan Jones gave a crazy, 'no more Mr Nice Guy' interview after their last game. It's now his way, or the highway apparently. I don't think that's going to go down well.

Southampton to be in disarray, Wolves to capitalise and continue their resurgence.

4-0 Wolves.

Then Jones to give another bizarre interview after the game, shortly before he is sacked.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a very close game at Molineux. Probably should have been 1-1 and would have been if Che Adams hadn't managed to handle the ball over the line from a yard out!

But we have improved dramatically since then. They haven't.

Nathan Jones gave a crazy, 'no more Mr Nice Guy' interview after their last game. It's now his way, or the highway apparently. I don't think that's going to go down well.

Southampton to be in disarray, Wolves to capitalise and continue their resurgence.

4-0 Wolves.

Then Jones to give another bizarre interview after the game, shortly before he is sacked.
I wanted to say 4-0 but after scoring three last time out I'm just going for another nice comfortable one!

And it'd be nice if Jones was sacked during his interview!

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Need to maintain the momentum so this is a must win game, as in fact all the remaining games are, might sound a bit unrealistic but at least this is what JL is trying to get across into the team.
1-2 to the Wolves.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
we must not let saturdays result go to waste it is a must not lose,even a draw keeps the scoreboard moving and a rival is`nt closing the gap.hoping for 2-1 to us but would take 1-1 now

SeaWolf

Reaction score
That game was soooo annoying, they had 6 shots all game if I remember and we had a lod of chances but could have played all night and not scored...!
Got my ticket so C'mon me babbies...
I found it weird, but inspirational. Never seen a game like it. We were the better team, 6-0 down, and the home crowd never stopped singing and cheering. Came out feeling quite uplifted.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football has a habit of bringing you down when you're on a high.

Nevertheless we should rightfully feel confident, and have a good record there over the past few seasons. I still think it'll be a really tight game and a draw would be fine if we then go and beat Bournemouth the following week. 6 points from the next two all but secures safety.

1-1.

Last edited:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me that cannot escape the Bananarama song when I see his name?..

Or iirc a world strongest man competitor who had his arm broken in an arm wrestling match?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Always worry about games where we are confident and the opposition fans are not
hopefully lopetegui keeps everyone focused
Still think it’ll be a tight game 1-1

D

Deleted member (smith)

Seems on the back of the Liverpool result there is some over confidence around. I'm seeing it with Everton fans after their win. We should know better. This is Wolves... on the back of a very good win is usually a let down. I hope we perform well and win but this game will not be easy.
Exactly so … Wolves are still in big trouble and despite the green shoots anything can happen. Nobody would think Everton in turmoil could beat Arsenal or Leeds in turmoil could draw at United. This is an important match…a win is expected and would make us feel good but a defeat will lead to despair again….par is 0-2 to the Wolves.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me that cannot escape the Bananarama song when I see his name?..

Or iirc a world strongest man competitor who had his arm broken in an arm wrestling match?
Haha I just had that in my head

watts

Reaction score
I feel after the jubilation of Liverpool we will come crashing back to earth.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly a more important game than last weekend, especially after the Liverpool win, weirdly. No point in beating Liverpool with that sort of performance and then us fluffing our lines, ****ting the bed against Southampton.

But I’m optimistic. If our players are playing to their ability, match the application of last week and are as good as we all believe they are then we will win well.

3-1 Wolves and let the good times return.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine that Southampton are looking on this as a must not lose game, so it will not be easy.

However, cream rises to the top. :)

2 - 1 Wolves.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves can take 6 points from the 2 forthcoming matches against Southampton and Bournemouth, Wolves would have saved themselves from relegation. I wrote it before the Liverpool Match, that Wolves would be getting 10 points in February 3 wins and a draw in London.

Back
Top Bottom