Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton (home) predictions & team

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missed my proper football this last week, so let's get started.
Away crowd sing WTSGMI ten times, then Doherty gets in at the back post, we win 1-0 with a few late scares.

M

merseawolf

Missed my proper football this last week, so let's get started.
Away crowd sing WTSGMI ten times, then Doherty gets in at the back post, we win 1-0 with a few late scares.
Routine 2-0
Similar to Watford.
Soak up all they have to offer and play on the break.
Raul and Traore

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves 3 - 1 Southampton.

Strong, disciplined, unfortunate not to get the clean sheet. Cutrone to grab 2.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few changes to the line up, we go for it and come out 4 1 victors.
Traore
Boly
Neves and Cutrone

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought they'd have a decent season with an alright team and highly thought of manager. What do I know?! Usually have to work saturdays until 1 so a big breakfast and all the ales before this one :)
Completely different game to Citeh away, so need to change shape from that one, where does Traore fit in as he has to somehow!?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Merge this thread if you want, didn't see the other one...

M

merseawolf

Thought they'd have a decent season with an alright team and highly thought of manager. What do I know?! Usually have to work saturdays until 1 so a big breakfast and all the ales before this one :)
Completely different game to Citeh away, so need to change shape from that one, where does Traore fit in as he has to somehow!?
Up top with Raul i hope!?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if we can beat Manchester City then this should be easy.....

Wolves 2 - 1 Saints

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Up top with Raul i hope!?
Think that worked spectacularly well cos Citeh were attacking us with just 2 not so quick makeshift defenders left at the back. Southampton won't play like that. Not saying I know how I'd set us up though...

M

merseawolf

Think that worked spectacularly well cos Citeh were attacking us with just 2 not so quick makeshift defenders left at the back. Southampton won't play like that. Not saying I know how I'd set us up though...
His confidence must be sky high just hope Jota is fit to make it a 3 up front

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s key. I’d love Traore to turn in a performance like against City, but was that a sudden, miraculous improvement in his positioning and movement, or more to do with circumstances?

He was in exactly the right place for those breaks, and did make the right runs, but they were very simple given they were playing so high a line.
Raul did most of the hard work.

Hard not to let Adama have another go up top after the last game, but I doubt he’ll have quite the same devastating impact against a more compact, conservative defence, having to make his own space, and hold the ball up.
Would be absolutely delighted to be proven wrong of course.

Right of a front 3 seems a more likely berth.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back to 3-4-3. Convincing 3-0 win for Wolves. Jimenez double and Doherty to score. Red card for Southampton.

D

Deleted member 8913

Interesting thought...we have played 8 but not a single score or result is repeated from last season.3 better 5 worse. I guess we will get a repeat result soon.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Got to be looking at this game with real expectation after that superb 5 game recovery run before the break that culminated with the phenomenal and fully deserved win against the league champions.

It's got to be the Saints to the slaughter on Saturday.....they will be **** scared, knowing what they are likely marching in to.

We are going to be so fired up and literally drooling with the intent to tear apart and gorge like we must.

I envisage a big win, going 3 or 4 - 0.

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
Post International break I'd like to put that losing habit to bed for starters, also now living amongst the 'Saints fans' most of them think we're going to turn them over easily.
I on the other hand am a little more restrained in my judgement of a convincing win due to them no doubt sitting back.
Hard fought win, 1-0...?

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really depends if we're as slow-witted, ponderous and lacking oomph as we seem to be after every other International break under Nuno - I'd like to see this as a routine win, but I'm frankly nervous given our track record after these breaks.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting thought...we have played 8 but not a single score or result is repeated from last season.3 better 5 worse. I guess we will get a repeat result soon.
What I hope is we score more goals by Xmas than we did last year and of course, by seasons end as well.
Would love another 2-0 win.....and in regular time not this last minute/extra time goals.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we play Adama in an attacking role, we will win. We play him in a cautious WB role or even worse, he starts on the bench, can see us struggling against them. Not that we are a one man team....

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we play Adama in an attacking role, we will win. We play him in a cautious WB role or even worse, he starts on the bench, can see us struggling against them. Not that we are a one man team....

Adama is better further back against teams which sit back and better up to against teams we can counter.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui
Bennett Coady Boly
Doc Neves Mouts Donk Jonny
Raul Adama

Subs:
Vinagre
MGW
Cutrone
Ruddy
Vallejo
Jota
Neto

Nuno may have found the ideal starting position for Adama after Man City. Took a lot of trying.
He better make the most of it coz Diogo is waiting!

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see Jota, Raul, Cutrone and Traore collectively on fire tearing teams apart. Maybe not this season but if Wolves want to seriously challenge for a European CL spot, then we will have to change from a defensive to a offensive side.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama is not good enough up front unless there is space late in games. In a front 3, yes.

One day we'll not look absolutely awful after an international break. Will it be saturday?

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama is better further back against teams which sit back and better up to against teams we can counter.
Maybe. But he's also not as good at defending as he is attacking. Anyway, I want us to start and continue on the front foot. Peg them back right from the off. Think of Cardiff at home last year.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think we might huff and puff a bit trying to break them down, but will get there in the end and win by the odd goal or two

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confidence through the team should be sky high and most have had a decent break. Get an early goal and i can see an comfortable 2-0 victory.

Back
Top Bottom