Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton (A) Pre-Match Thread!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Win today and its a record for us, will be the first time we will have had 5 successive victories against the same club in the PL, so COYW break a record and get Jones sacked.
As much I want the win, I also want jones to continue till they're relegated mathematically, greedy ******* aye I?

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They got that 7ft striker also I’m going to guess they will play long balls
From their forum it's suggested he is hoped to be a force to be reckoned with.

Also, one of their fans suggested there were a lot of tickets unsold, whereas another quickly responded it was almost a sell-out. I'd favour the latter claim - it's a big game for both clubs and for various reasons one not to be missed.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just not nervous about this game at all, and its the Lopetegui factor!!! I had us down to beat Liverpool last week, and expect us to play in a similar vein today! There seems to be a major divide between the players and Jones atm and I fully expect JL to take advantage of that!!!

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mustn't mustn't must not loose . .gota keep them below us.
A draw would be nice , a win beautiful.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've come from behind at St Mary's a couple of times in recent years I think
Meant more so if we go a goal up the crowd are going to be absolutely horrible. They go ahead though it could go the other way.

Reaction score
I know a lot of Saints fans living down here and they’re happy to lose today if it means Jones goes. If we can score early it will turn toxic pretty quickly

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just not nervous about this game at all, and its the Lopetegui factor!!! I had us down to beat Liverpool last week, and expect us to play in a similar vein today! There seems to be a major divide between the players and Jones atm and I fully expect JL to take advantage of that!!!
Lucky for some I've got Diazepam and Pampers at the ready

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly in some respects I'm old enough to remember our first season after we were relegated at the end of the golden Stan Cullis era.

It was 1965-66 and one of the early games, in September I think, was at Southampton. We lost 3-9, despite having a team that included Ron Flowers, Peter Knowles, Terry Wharton and Dave Wagstaffe!!

However I always remember us winning each of the next four games by 3-0 and thinking to myself that 15 goals in 5 games pretty well made up for the one defeat.

Just a 3-0 today would be wonderful please.

Before that 3-9 we'd scored 4,3,4,4 - then 5 games scoring 3 - 30 goals in 9 matches.
Those were indeed the days, my friend

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was very confident before Liverpool, but not so confident today. Hope that means nothing. Hopefully the team sheet in an hour and half puts me at ease.

Thinking a draw today though.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly which radio station and on which device I can hear today's game?
Fed up of spending first 15 mins of each game looking!

And happy to hear advice on visual methods by private message

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Radio station the match will be on today?
No access to internet unfortunately
WM should have a high probability of commentary on the game, Blues beat Albion last night, Villa play tomorrow, so only us and Walsall of 'their' clubs playing

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He must have got past us without seeing with my son wearing the free Jao shirt! Sarabia not in same clothes as other players
I didn’t see Sarabia in much of the training photos of videos and kinda expected he was the new injured one.

Very unfortunate.

Back
Top Bottom