Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

South Bank

D

Deleted member 4453

Not in there today, doubt I'd make a difference anyway.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always think we can be super loud but not consistently vocal. But can't blame them with that performance.

R

reanswolf

Did someone switch them off today?

Literally not a peep, even before the first Chelsea goal.

Plenty of us in the Steve Bull who would give it a much better effort if they can’t hack it anymore...
Don’t get that at all. Thought we were quite good today, didn’t hear the Steve bull but could see they were singing.
Molineux acoustics are awe full tho, I’ve never heard the Steve bull stand sing anything except “the Steve Bull”

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Don’t get that at all. Thought we were quite good today, didn’t hear the Steve bull but could see they were singing.
Molineux acoustics are awe full tho, I’ve never heard the Steve bull stand sing anything except “the Steve Bull”

They did a nice little rendition of "sing on our own" today. I thought the South Bank was good until we went behind then like the team we lost all cohesion. I am also sick to death of stupid threads about which stand is best when unity is at a premium.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Plenty of us in the Steve Bull who would give it a much better effort if they can’t hack it anymore...

Don’t agree at all, it was bouncing first 10mins and good until goal

Thereafter yes everywhere disappointed

But hey ho go for it

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Very funny. I love this troll thingy. Wow the internet gives me a loff with these kinda joshers.

R

reanswolf

I don’t like people pouring out with ten minutes to go but those 50% of the South bank who stayed to the end sang there heads off in support.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Serious.

The Steve Bull is definitely on the verge of upstaging the SB for sure......starting to initiate the chants at times.

Ignoring the state of play and getting their **** together has to be top priority if they care to preserve their status...

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Atmosphere was ****ing **** all over today like it’s been on the whole for ages to be honest.

Too many day trippers and plastics at Molineux now it’s gone never be the intimidating ground it once was
Not sure its daytrippers/plastics, i just think we expect to much. We've been on a hell of a ride and the majority of the fans that were making the noise/hostility are still there.

So if thats the case, why have the noise levels dropped, if more fans turn up, it should atleast be at the level it was.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Atmosphere was ****ing **** all over today like it’s been on the whole for ages to be honest.

Too many day trippers and plastics at Molineux now it’s gone never be the intimidating ground it once was
Mate, we got smacked. What do you want? No ground in the country is loud at 4-0 down.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally agree there.I've said it a few times now,it's definitely on the decline.The worse part of the South bank,and to me it should be the best,is right behind the goal.I've got young uns around me and when I say young I dow mean nippers.Lads in there late teens early twentys and they dow sing.I feel a bit embarrassed to be honest as I'm singing and I'm sixty ****ing 7.The bloke in front of me day even hold the card up and it was still taped to his seat till half time when he ripped it off.All for the sake of 30 ****ing seconds.And to top it off he sat ****ing down on 8 minutes.Why dow ya all **** off to the Billy quiet if ya car get behind the team.Singing is what a singing end should be doing.Rant over cuz me blood pressure is sky high.

D

Deleted member 4453

Totally agree there.I've said it a few times now,it's definitely on the decline.The worse part of the South bank,and to me it should be the best,is right behind the goal.I've got young uns around me and when I say young I dow mean nippers.Lads in there late teens early twentys and they dow sing.I feel a bit embarrassed to be honest as I'm singing and I'm sixty ****ing 7.The bloke in front of me day even hold the card up and it was still taped to his seat till half time when he ripped it off.All for the sake of 30 ****ing seconds.And to top it off he sat ****ing down on 8 minutes.Why dow ya all **** off to the Billy quiet if ya car get behind the team.Singing is what a singing end should be doing.Rant over cuz me blood pressure is sky high.

Notice them every game, at least they stand :rolleyes:

I'd say most of SL is quiet the majority of games, sound always comes from S1-3+

Long since let it go now, can be amazing for some games but its just like any other decent stand in the country the rest of the time IMO.

YamYamWolf

Reaction score
Atmosphere is awful and has been on the whole this season. Wish people would stop looking at it with their wolves tinted glasses. Its ****e. Will it get better? No. I'm sorry but the wolves atmosphere thing is a myth. We sing in the southbank sporadically. It's never a good atmosphere. Those going to turkey will see an atmosphere.

It's not just us. Its english grounds in general. People hype it and it's all because we are one of the best of a bad bunch.

W

WolfTamer84

Are you still alive pal?

W

wolvesultra

Not sure its daytrippers/plastics, i just think we expect to much. We've been on a hell of a ride and the majority of the fans that were making the noise/hostility are still there.

So if thats the case, why have the noise levels dropped, if more fans turn up, it should atleast be at the level it was.
Expectancy certainly played a part I’d agree too many fans started acting like ****ing plastics then

Doesn’t work like that though does it yes they’re all still there but plenty displaced/split up by plastics and tourists

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can't agree with that. Since the early 90's rebuild, it's *always* been like this! The sound does disperse, I suppose mainly down to the gaps in the corners. When momentum gets going, it's electric, but that's rare. More often the volume seems to scatter to universe, when compared to most other "fully sealed in" grounds. Becuase of this, I'm not sure the new ground has ever been all that "intimidating". The intimidating grounds have fans close to the pitch, all gathered together with no gaps. Nowhere for the sound to escape.

S

ShropshireLad

There was plenty of noise from the Steve Bull until we were all beaten into submission.:(

YamYamWolf

Reaction score
The only way to have an atmosphere is to have a dedicated ultras section. Stick everyone together in one section and hope it catches on. At the moment it's the standard, sing for the first five mins, spend the next 20 talking about when your should go for a beer and how much you need a pie, then go for the pie coming out 10 mins in to the second half to discuss what pub you're going to after.

Look, you might not like the idea of a choreographed ultras section but unfortunately it's the only way to create any sort of atmosphere. The club wont have it though because, as always, people in the southbank will moan.

It's not about getting behind the team, it's about getting ****ed and coked up for these lads. Time to take a leaf out the european book.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't agree with that. Since the early 90's rebuild, it's *always* been like this! The sound does disperse, I suppose mainly down to the gaps in the corners. When momentum gets going, it's electric, but that's rare. More often the volume seems to scatter to universe, when compared to most other "fully sealed in" grounds. Becuase of this, I'm not sure the new ground has ever been all that "intimidating". The intimidating grounds have fans close to the pitch, all gathered together with no gaps. Nowhere for the sound to escape.

Where are these intimidating grounds ? Away season ticket holder and all the grounds I've visited have bin library's.

R

reanswolf

Think people are being really harsh. It’s never been deadly intimidating, people making out it once was are deluding themselves if you ask me.
The ground is not made for atmosphere, but to me it’s as good as it has ever been since being all seater. Today was potentially really good, just we were outclassed on the pitch to the point of embarrassment.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

The only way to have an atmosphere is to have a dedicated ultras section. Stick everyone together in one section and hope it catches on. At the moment it's the standard, sing for the first five mins, spend the next 20 talking about when your should go for a beer and how much you need a pie, then go for the pie coming out 10 mins in to the second half to discuss what pub you're going to after.

Look, you might not like the idea of a choreographed ultras section but unfortunately it's the only way to create any sort of atmosphere. The club wont have it though because, as always, people in the southbank will moan.

It's not about getting behind the team, it's about getting ****ed and coked up for these lads. Time to take a leaf out the european book.

Yep, just look at Celtic and Rangers for inspiration. Get our Green Brigade or Union Bears.

Best atmosphere in the UK by a mile those two.

It's actually embarrassing when you look how far the UK has fallen in terms of atmosphere and yet some still look down on the Europeans.

The left of the South Bank should be given to a group who want to sing. Flags allowed, flares at times, go for it. If we need someone at the front, so be it. Get people the right age, lower prices if needed and give them a bit of freedom.

It is easy to dismiss, but us, along with everyone in England, is miles behind. Absolutely miles.

I've asked myself why. It's not a case we don't care. English fans are the best in the world in terms of numbers, so what is it? Is it as simple as pricing the working class out? It is certainly a factor but I don't know. Either way, it's a problem.

Seriously, Molineux would be one of the best atmospheres in the league and that says it all.

Unfortunately, I don't think Wolves (or any other PL side) have any desire to address the issue.

Yep, just look at Celtic and Rangers for inspiration. Get our Green Brigade or Union Bears.

It's actually embarrassing when you look how far the UK has fallen in terms of atmosphere and yet some still look down on the Europeans.

The left of the South Bank should be given to a group who want to sing. Flags allowed, flares at times, go for it. If we need someone at the front, so be it. Get people the right age, lower prices if needed and give them a bit of freedom.

It is easy to dismiss, but us, along with everyone in England, is miles behind. Absolutely miles.

I've asked myself why. It's not a case we don't care. English fans are the best in the world in terms of numbers, so what is it? Is it as simple as pricing the working class out? It is certainly a factor but I don't know. Either way, it's a problem.

Seriously, Molineux would be one of the best atmospheres in the league and that says it all.

Unfortunately, I don't think Wolves (or any other PL side) have any desire to address the issue.

Floated this to the club before. The problem is there are already too many people in the South Bank and the take up level is too big. The only way it would work is if the temp stand was used for it, but lack of roof would render it almost pointless

YamYamWolf

Reaction score

Nail on head. I have also contacted the club about this but they aren't interested. Its crying out for it.

S

ShropshireLad

I take it apart from The South Bank the rest of the ground starts rocking when we are not playing well?
The Steve Bull certainly gave it some welly until we were all silenced...as I said in my post somewhere else. However, the South Bank are the self-appointed leaders of vocal support and in many cases of opinion so who is anyone else in the ground qualified to comment?

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So many people who just don’t have any idea when it comes to atmosphere at English grounds. European ultras style isn’t support or atmosphere, it’s just noise. The best thing about English atmospheres is how they react to and drive what is happening on the pitch. You won’t get it in this country, not here or anywhere else (and thank god).

The South Bank isn’t full of tourists or plastics, it’s been season ticket holders only for years before we went up. It’s laughable those that are quite notably not a season ticket holder, don’t even bother going into the ground on time, and leave early like to keep going on how much of gods gift to Wolves they are and everyone else (who is and have been sth’s for years) are a plastic. The ground would be half empty if it was only left to the super fans to be allowed in.

Back
Top Bottom