Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Something personal to me

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have a stammer, and have just gotten on with life, but I know others who don't and really struggle.
Watching this, and other vids of Sema on YouTube bought a tear to my eye.
Great to see him speaking so honest and also inspirational that even the rich and famous have personal battles like this.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have a stammer, and have just gotten on with life, but I know others who don't and really struggle.
Great to see him speaking so honest and also inspirational that even the rich and famous have personal battles like this.
It's a really lovely interview, and what a great bloke. Great to hear somone being open and honest about this.

Reminded me of Luke Ayling who was also interviewed about the same subject. He actually comes across as a really good bloke as well.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
not trivialising this at all but i used to with a lad many years ago who had quite a bad stammer but could sing a song whilst working perfectly,lovely chap as well,heart of gold

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What's even more impressive about his interview is he's doing it in a second language!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

What a lovely guy. He deserves to be a role model for kids who stammer, truly inspirational.
I experienced a significant vocal change almost eight years ago, which I still have to deal with. Your voice is part of the presentation of your 'self' to the world, and can have a major impact on that and how it feels.

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a lovely guy. He deserves to be a role model for kids who stammer, truly inspirational.
I experienced a significant vocal change almost eight years ago, which I still have to deal with. Your voice is part of the presentation of your 'self' to the world, and can have a major impact on that and how it feels.
Absolutely. A lovey interview. Inspirational to see him owning it and not letting his stammer stop him achieving what he has. Also amazing to see the hugely positive response to his post match interview and how much of an effect that support has had on him.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isnt really talked about much. My late Grandpa had a stammer but overcame it so much so that he used to read sermons etc in his church. I have full respect for anyone dealing with this as it is tough.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Fantastic to see. I’ve worked with kids who have had stammers before. Not only does it impact their ability to communicate but it can completely ruin their confidence and self-belief. If only one youngster sees this and decides to be themselves, then good on him.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not trivialising this at all but i used to with a lad many years ago who had quite a bad stammer but could sing a song whilst working perfectly,lovely chap as well,heart of gold
On a similar vein, I used to know someone who had a stammer. He then got laid a few times and the stammer completely disappeared.

I'm not trivialising in anyway, it was the strangest thing

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sensational. I was going to mention Luke Ayling as well but somebody's already posted that. On the pitch you can see why he's easy to hate for other fans but he genuinely seems like a brilliant guy. I quite like his daft hairband removal celebration as well, apart from when he does it against us after scoring the winner in bloody injury time!

I just watched that Educating Yorkshire clip again and started welling up, ffs.

Back
Top Bottom