Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So Silva still wants away

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how this one plays out, but I can’t see anyone paying the money we’d want right now, whatever happens? I’m sure he wouldn’t mind a big move, but he needs a breakout season first. The stage is totally set for that here? His competition for a starting place is a striker who rarely ever scores, and another that has been out injured for a year. We’re a team crying out for a talisman and he has the talent there?

Whether any of this happens is of course another matter? Right now who’d also be shocked if we find some way to move him on that ****es off 95% of the fanbase?
What he needs is a bit of luck and a 'statement' performance -- say getting a start v Man U, scoring an early goal and just playing as well as we know he can, regardless of the final result. Do that and he is on his way.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey Fabio. Deliver and you start. It’s a really simple equation. You have oodles of ability. Time to deliver in old gold. If you do then you will have s stellar career
Catch 22 if you don’t start/play him he can’t deliver. Should get a run in the team for a bit and see what he can do, if he’s not up to it then back on the bench, up to him then what he does

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i said he wouldnt play for us as he wanted out months ago. i have been pleasantly surprised at his application and development. i hope he stays but i stand by the belief that he has wanted to leave for ages and still does

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think what Silva wants to avoid is being fourth choice striker. I think if he knows he is going to get regular premier league game time he will be okay. If we buy another striker and he drops to an outside chance of getting on the pitch he is not going to be happy.
He was treated appallingly by Lage and I do blame him for having the hump. I think JL may have brought him back into the fold but have been pushing for more experience. It’ll be interesting what GON does, to be fair he got something out of Solanke which hadn’t looked feasible anywhere else so if he can do similar for Silva I’d be encouraged as I think Silva has a higher ceiling. It would also get him the move he wants at a price which gives us a possible return.

RandomLuke

Groupie
Reaction score
In Liam Keen and Nathan Judah's press conference reaction video Liam says:

"There will be some more news coming on Fabio in the next few days from this press conference aswell"

Something that was said in the conference must be under an embargo...

4mins23sec if you are interested

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"There will be some more news coming on Fabio in the next few days from this press conference aswell"

Staying/ Contract renewal?

Cunha And Fabio to start.

Seems to think fabio will start and have to play

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think what Silva wants to avoid is being fourth choice striker. I think if he knows he is going to get regular premier league game time he will be okay. If we buy another striker and he drops to an outside chance of getting on the pitch he is not going to be happy.
Do we have 4 strikers??

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Saying Cunha's got an injury. Nothing more. Whatever, Silva has to start for me on Monday. And we need to stick with him. He's a ****ing CF and we haven't had one for 2.5 seasons.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh ****.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to see what the news about Fabio is. Seems like it’s positive as he was saying he expects him to start on Monday.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a kick in the *******s if he’s off. One of the only things to look forward to this season was watching him after his year away.

Cheers Jeff

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a kick in the *******s if he’s off. One of the only things to look forward to this season was watching him after his year away.

Cheers Jeff
Well if he's off its not until Tuesday as ye expects him to play Monday. Very much doubt its a contract extension either. Probably nothing much like he's got the 9 shirt or loves the new management..

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Getting the number 9 shirt perhaps ??

In the absence of any actual transfers, this would actually be one of the smartest things we could do right now. Show that we see him as a main man this year. And would immediately give him another chant…

Fabio Silva…the Wanderers Number 9…

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if he's off its not until Tuesday as ye expects him to play Monday. Very much doubt its a contract extension either. Probably nothing much like he's got the 9 shirt or loves the new management..
Hope you’re right. I’ve had an hours sleep last night and am sort of getting used to expecting the worst at the moment, so I’m probably just being a grump :)

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON said no news on any outgoings so I can't see how it can possibly be anything about Fabio on the move

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Maybe he’s been given the 9

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
If Cunha has a knock, then surely Fabio will get some major minutes. Come on, lad, it's time to shine!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to sell him and get players who want to be here.

Piroe off Swansea or Akpom from Boro will see if well prepared if the worst was to happen this season.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, 'more news on Fabio from today's press conference to come and I'd like to think he will play' is interesting. Maybe something we'll hear more about after 10:30pm tonight. Number nine shirt makes sense, or some quotes from Gary saying he's going to get his chance.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said I reckon the no9 shirt announcement.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Gaz shows him a bit of love, support & gives him a chance with the Tall Guy, he will blossom, leaving a string of clubs with broken goal nets.
If the crowd show him a tenth of the love Si Senor got, I'm backing him for a hat-trick every week.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Full press conference here. Nothing about Fabio

That's just the broadcast bit mate, gets cut off before the embargo'd section for writers. Usually those bits are for 10:30pm the same night, so they go into the morning's papers (as the press officer says at the beginning) but sometimes the media in the room then additionally agree to hold certain lines for an even later date if they all agree - keeps the papers going!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fingers crossed. We desperately need a new song.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs a couple of goals and a run in the team plus plenty of adulation from the fans. He is now 21- just the time for him to kick on and prove his worth. He will go eventually but let's get at least a couple of really good seasons out of him. He looks hungry and just needs more confidence in front of goal. Him and Sasa or him and Cunha could work well once they get into a groove together.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bloody hope that they don't bring that Fabio Silva love of my life crap back....

The one about his hair was at least amusing.
I’m sure I heard it at the Rennes friendly…

Back
Top Bottom