Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So, is Ole top of Morgan's list to replace Connor?

UEAwolf

Reaction score
as some press reports are stating?

Certainly better than Steve Bruce...

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Please, please, please let there be some grain of truth in this.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Mail has an appalling record of running stories that don’t come true. It could be bad luck or it could be they’ll print any old $$$$ to fill the sports pages when there isn’t much real news. Take your pick but I’ll bet there are no quotes, no evidence, just pointless speculation!

P

Phys Ed Wolf

I know the whole story is speculation but the part where it states Morgan wants a more malluable manager worrys me.

M

Monkey Man

It would either be brilliant or an utter disaster. For me too much of a risk, we need to get back to the prem ASAP.

Reaction score
There's definitely a danger of appointing a young manager with no failures - but only because they've not been managing long enough to make them yet. Solskjaer may well be developing into a great, having worked under SAF will obviously increase the chances of that, but I'm just wary that with a relatively tough job of rebuilding Wolves into a new style of play it could be a bridge too far for a relative novice. Still, gotta break a few eggs and all that.

As for Ince, seems ages ago that he was highly rated as a a manager. Really wouldn't want him.

C

cooper_J

Neil Moxley is a wolves fan.

Maybe wishful thinking on his part.

S

SimplyTheWolves

They’ve put two and two together and come up with someone we the fans may like, and someone that the club may see fit as regards working on a tight budget and could possibly be a yes man, mainly because of his need for experience at a decent level.

I wouldn't disagree with his appointment if this rumour comes to fruition, but I just can't see any credence other than what I’ve said.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's definitely a danger of appointing a young manager with no failures - but only because they've not been managing long enough to make them yet. Solskjaer may well be developing into a great, having worked under SAF will obviously increase the chances of that, but I'm just wary that with a relatively tough job of rebuilding Wolves into a new style of play it could be a bridge too far for a relative novice. Still, gotta break a few eggs and all that.

As for Ince, seems ages ago that he was highly rated as a a manager. Really wouldn't want him.

Surely this would be the best time to give a young manager the job. Time to rebuild and not have the stigma of managing someone elses team.

M

Mugwump

If any new manager gets the kind of time and patience that Mick got to rebuild Wolves they will have a good chance of doing well.

H

Hawkins discuss

Ince wont get the job as he fell out with Moxey and the board
OGS has a four year contract and I didn't see any movement to buy that off after the MM dismissal

M

Mugwump

Maybe they have learned that doing things on the cheap just wont work?

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All my Xmas would be rolled into one if Ole come...
Morgan you have nothing to lose, just do it...

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's rubbish sadly. The daily mail often post something on there website at midnight with 'EXCLUSIVE' in the title for it to be conveniently 'page not found' the following morning.

H

Hawkins discuss

It's rubbish sadly. The daily mail often post something on there website at midnight with 'EXCLUSIVE' in the title for it to be conveniently 'page not found' the following morning.

Agree with that Walsall seen the same many times from the D.M

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ole; 'Hmmm! Europa League or fulfilling a lifetimes ambition to manage a club i have no afinity with, in the English 2nd Division....tough choice but I think I'll stay at Molde until something 'better' comes along..No hard feelings Jex?'

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha, we have no hope of attracting him!!! It's still Bruce's to lose IMO.

J

johnybig32

Unb-ole-vable!

Does it work?

Now uses Tapatalk...aren't you lucky!

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Man Utd development squad - bring it on! Exciting coach, lots of loanees, yes, yes, yes. But remember:

Daily Mail rumours = 21% correct. Lowest of all national papers.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is he a good choice? Being pragmatic . . if the deal is getting a team from the English Championship to the Premier League and if the question is Ole or MM . . . sorry but there is only one winner and it aint the baby faced assassin . . . Mick should NOT have been sacked in February when we were still well in the shake to stay up and the safety net was that in the worst case scenario, where we are now, we had a man who has the KEYS to that league! Hopeless stupid decision which will come back to haunt us for many years to come and i bet a pound to a penny Steve knows it and has regretted it every day since

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Daily Mail... Yeeeeeeeahhhhh. Don't hold yer breath.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is he a good choice? Being pragmatic . . if the deal is getting a team from the English Championship to the Premier League and if the question is Ole or MM . . . sorry but there is only one winner and it aint the baby faced assassin . . . Mick should NOT have been sacked in February when we were still well in the shake to stay up and the safety net was that in the worst case scenario, where we are now, we had a man who has the KEYS to that league! Hopeless stupid decision which will come back to haunt us for many years to come and i bet a pound to a penny Steve knows it and has regretted it every day since

We've been on about changing the ethos of the club in terms of style etc

Ole would do this.

Is it more important to change the ethos or become a yoyo club?

P

Phys Ed Wolf

We've been on about changing the ethos of the club in terms of style etc

Ole would do this.

Is it more important to change the ethos or become a yoyo club?

I wish this were true but I get the feeling that Morgan wants someone he can manipulate. Follow our DNA and all that. Anyone wanting to come in trying to take charge of the structure of the club will get a 'don't call us, we'll call you' response.
I don't understand why people equate having worked under Fergie is a managerial advantage. Its not been the case for Robson, Ince, Bruce or even his own son!

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was told a week or so ago from someone who son plays in the youth teams that was the rumour he had been told.

I didn't bother posting and could not be ***** to get shot down like all the other rumour posters.

I have no idea if what he was told was true, but I believe 100℅ that he was told that, as he is reliable.

F

FLEET WOLF

It would either be brilliant or an utter disaster. For me too much of a risk, we need to get back to the prem ASAP.

One plus would be that he might be able to easily get young players on loan from Manure.

O

OCD Wolf

This would be the best appointment I could imagine, bar none.

Ole that is.

O

OCD Wolf

We need Fergie, OGS and Steve Morgan sitting round a table.
Fergie loves Wolves and will sell the concept to Ole.

'Do a decent job here for 5 years then you can come to Utd. I'll also throw in a few good loan kids'

B

bridgnorthwolf

Would be overjoyed at the prospect of Solskjaer.

No way to Ince although could see him as a number 2 to Solskjaer perhaps? He would be a bit more of a disciplinarian if needed I think.

Back
Top Bottom