Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So 9 games left to go

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In to single figures for games now. One last push ideally need to win 6 of these to push Europa league

Leeds
Aston Villa
Newcastle
Man City
Burnley
Brighton
Chelsea
Norwich
Liverpool

Got to play the top 3 teams which will be tough. Hopefully not going in to the last game of the season needing something and Liverpool needing to win.

But Villa is local derby, Newcastle are the form team at the moment burnley Norwich fighting to survive so all tough games.

Predictions

Beat
Leeds Villa man city Brighton Norwich

Draw
Newcastle burnley

Lose
Chelsea Liverpool

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We dont draw too many and we win slightly more than we lose so im going 5 wins 3 losses and a draw.

Leeds win H
Villa win H
Newcastle loss A
Citeh loss H
Burnley win A
Brighton win H
Chelsea draw A
Norwich win H
Liverpool loss A

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we win 5 games we beat our record of 59 points. Already beating last seasons total today is quite impressive!!

Leeds win H
Villa win H
Newcastle draw A
Citeh draw H
Burnley draw A
Brighton win H
Chelsea loss A
Norwich win H
Liverpool loss A

Would land us on 61 pts and also potentially European football spot too!!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Leeds W
Aston Villa D
Newcastle D
Man City L
Burnley L
Brighton W
Chelsea L
Norwich W
Liverpool L

11 points taking us to 57. Neck and neck with West Ham for 7th…

Would have absolutely snapped your hand off for anywhere near that before the season started.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Leeds W
Aston Villa W
Newcastle L
Man City L
Burnley W
Brighton W
Chelsea L
Norwich W
Liverpool L

61 points.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are to have any chance of Europe we need at least 6 points these next 3 games. We then also likely need a famous win versus one of the top 3. Ironically, given both our form, plus the fact they could be dead rubbers by the time we play them, the 2 away games could be our best bet.

Let’s just enjoy the ride and take it as far as we can.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's tough. We need to barely drop points outside our games v the top 3. Everyone around us is on fire.

T

TheConcourse

For some more context:

West Ham
Spurs (A)
Everton (H)
Brentford (A)
Burnley (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Norwich (A)
City (H)
Brighton (A)

Spurs
Brighton (A)
West Ham (H)
Newcastle (A)
Villa (H)
Brighton (A)
Brentford (H)
Leicester (A)
Liverpool (H)
Burnley (A)
Norwich (H)

Looks like Spurs have got the best run, unless they parody themselves and be really Spursy.

Looks like the fight is for 6th/7th - unless one of West Ham/us fall off the edge of a cliff in terms of form.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For some more context:

West Ham
Spurs (A)
Everton (H)
Brentford (A)
Burnley (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Norwich (A)
City (H)
Brighton (A)

Spurs
Brighton (A)
West Ham (H)
Newcastle (A)
Villa (H)
Brighton (A)
Brentford (H)
Leicester (A)
Liverpool (H)
Burnley (A)
Norwich (H)

Looks like Spurs have got the best run, unless they parody themselves and be really Spursy.

Looks like the fight is for 6th/7th - unless one of West Ham/us fall off the edge of a cliff in terms of form.
Both got harder games than what we have. All we can do is approach every game with the ambitions to win!!

Lycaon

Reaction score
Based on how the season has averaged out I reckon we’ll win 4, draw 2 and lose 3, that puts us on 60pts.

Realistically finish 7/8th unless either Man U or Spam nosedive big time then we might nick 6th?

Lots of twists and turns to go yet!

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
As Bully said a few months back in the E&S..
We will have our ups and downs and we won’t win every single game – there’ll be some losses and draws mixed in.

For me, not enough fire power to get more but still a pretty good return.

Leeds D
Aston Villa D
Newcastle D
Man City L
Burnley W
Brighton W
Chelsea L
Norwich W
Liverpool L

12 points

58 points finish, about 8th.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 wins 3 draws 3 losses 12 points

Wins Leeds Burnley Norwich.

Draws Newcastle villa Brighton

Losses Liverpool Man city Chelsea

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
I can see us getting a win against one of the current top 3 and 3 / 4 wins over the others.

I'm going for 12 to 16 points which will give us 58 - 62 points.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are averaging around 1.5 points a game just over at the moment which would give us 14 points
Expect us to drop a little over the last 9 games so say 10/12 which gives us around the 57 point mark
Be surprised if we dont get around that figure, maybe even a couple points more for our best ever total in the Prem
Doubt its enough for Europe but i would be more than happy with that total,i had us around the 52 point mark earlier on this season

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For some more context:

West Ham
Spurs (A)
Everton (H)
Brentford (A)
Burnley (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Norwich (A)
City (H)
Brighton (A)

Spurs
Brighton (A)
West Ham (H)
Newcastle (A)
Villa (H)
Brighton (A)
Brentford (H)
Leicester (A)
Liverpool (H)
Burnley (A)
Norwich (H)

Spurs also have a rearranged home game v Arsenal to play

Reaction score
I want us to do well of course but would getting top 6 really help us? After all we sometimes look bare bones trying to field a strong 11 when we have 3 or 4 injuries in the prem. The cold hard truth in my view is that we don’t have a great group of players to fight multiple competitions, we saw the after effects of playing over 50 games in the season when we had a very good run in the europa league.

I know many are probably sick of hearing this but we need to buy decent first team players which compete with or push out some of first eleven for a place. Does anyone on here have faith that fosun would buy 3 or 4 first team players if we achieved Europe? I don’t.

I still want us to achieve top 6 and with even all of what I have just said put to one side, it will be a great achievement for the club to achieve it this season with the run in that we have.

fleck1

Reaction score
Wouldn't even know where to start predicting the run in, we may well will all 9, just as likely to lose all 9. Beat Chelsea and City but lose to Burnley and Norwich as that's the wolves way. Think we were all a little nervous in August wondering how it would pan out and would have bitten your hand off for 8th but to be in the European conversation with 9 games left is where we all want to be.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we win the next 3 which should give us a good platform going forward.

Leeds W
Aston Villa W
Newcastle W (I hope we batter them)
Man City L
Burnley D
Brighton W
Chelsea L
Norwich W
Liverpool L

We will probably need to win 2 of the last 3 games or 4 points out of 9 to guarantee Europa League we need points at Chelsea or Liverpool IMO.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want us to do well of course but would getting top 6 really help us? After all we sometimes look bare bones trying to field a strong 11 when we have 3 or 4 injuries in the prem. The cold hard truth in my view is that we don’t have a great group of players to fight multiple competitions, we saw the after effects of playing over 50 games in the season when we had a very good run in the europa league.

I know many are probably sick of hearing this but we need to buy decent first team players which compete with or push out some of first eleven for a place. Does anyone on here have faith that fosun would buy 3 or 4 first team players if we achieved Europe? I don’t.

I still want us to achieve top 6 and with even all of what I have just said put to one side, it will be a great achievement for the club to achieve it this season with the run in that we have.
I've never understood the 'I don't want europe as it will be more games' argument. People want less games so they can have a good season next year but then if you do you'll get into europe.

Green Wolf

Reaction score
I've never understood the 'I don't want europe as it will be more games' argument. People want less games so they can have a good season next year but then if you do you'll get into europe.
I could not agree more with every word here. The illogic of that position brilliantly exposed, theweave.

It is almost as bad as the "We aren't ready for x (e.g. Premier League football, European football, etc)" argument even if the opportunity presents itself. Baffling. My view is that you grasp every opportunity that comes your way, when it comes your way, because you never know when or if at all those opportunities may come round again.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s going to make a significant difference if we end up losing Neves for 3 games if he picks up that 10th booking in the next 3 games.

Reaction score
I did say I still want us to do well and get top 6. I just have trepidation about whether or not we would bolster the squad with proper reinforcements. We didn’t do that last time we got Europe and the whole team suffered, fitness form injuries etc.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s going to make a significant difference if we end up losing Neves for 3 games if he picks up that 10th booking in the next 3 games.
Yes it will, but I must say I do want to see Cundle have some more game time, but not due to a Neves ban

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I did say I still want us to do well and get top 6. I just have trepidation about whether or not we would bolster the squad with proper reinforcements. We didn’t do that last time we got Europe and the whole team suffered, fitness form injuries etc.
Understand what you're saying, but for me you have to take any chance of playing in Europe or a cup if you can, you just never know when the chance will come again, especially foe a team of Wolves current stature.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
European football could be the difference between us holding on to some of the players we have though

Back
Top Bottom