Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Snooker

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
fantastic final under way, both players at the top of their game

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'll take that back, Trump is destroying Higgins now

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As one who has just played snooker in clubs, does anyone know if the holes are wider on the professional circuit as a lot of shots seem to hit the edge and go in?

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I
As one who has just played snooker in clubs, does anyone know if the holes are wider on the professional circuit as a lot of shots seem to hit the edge and go in?
Ive always said the pockets look bigger on TV

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I

Ive always said the pockets look bigger on TV

So have I, but I have always presumed that the pockets are the same size irrespective of the standard. Many a time on television it looks like a ball must his the side of the pocket and rebound back out only for it go down. I am glad I a, not the only one who thinks this way, even if I am wrong.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the impression that Higgins is completely drained both physically and emotionally after his epic against Dave Gilbert in the semi final.
That really was a nerve racking game to watch.

W

WasStefan

So have I, but I have always presumed that the pockets are the same size irrespective of the standard. Many a time on television it looks like a ball must his the side of the pocket and rebound back out only for it go down. I am glad I a, not the only one who thinks this way, even if I am wrong.
It depends. In my experience certain tables at clubs have different size pockets to others.

The fact some shots go in off the cushion makes you think they are bigger and they may be, but cueing and technique of shot comes into it

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Higgins was on for a 147 break, but sadly it was not to be.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve played on match tables and they are tighter for sure. Faster with more responsive cushions. Tough to play.

Club tables can vary so so much. Every match I play I put my fist in the pocket (oo er) to gauge the size, the variation is huge

M

merseawolf

I play League Snooker and played loads of frames at Ali Carters Club. The 2 match tables are ones that he has many top players there to practice.
They are so quick and the pockets are really tight especially the middle pockets

Tefal

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends. In my experience certain tables at clubs have different size pockets to others.
Having played at a decent level, I agree with a couple of the posters above that the pockets vary from table to table, club to club. I can tell you that the tables that Stephen Hendry started on had pockets like buckets. Advantage of that was fluency. The ability to break build and control your white. If the table is forgiving, you'll be more confident in doing wonders with your cueball. As somebody else has said above, match tables tend to have tighter pockets with much more responsive cloth which makes a hell of a difference controlling the cueball.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
well despite being so one-sided that was definitely a hell of a spectacle, I think it's the evolution of the game to a new level, Trump's performance will inspire the next generation, well done kid

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are saying that Trump could dominate the game for a few years. No doubting the excellence of his play in the tournament, but it remains to be seen if he can play like that consistently.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
great final and level from both players especially trump was probably the highest in a final for a while. Higgins didn't play badly either and it was still pretty one sided. If Trump can play close to that level on a consistent basis he's going to be hard to beat,

Back
Top Bottom