Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Smaller Allocations and Student Tickets

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody know why were getting smaller allocations?
Is our support getting $$$$?
Ticket prices?
Jez being a $$$$?

Man city away 1700 only lower tier.

Everton away 1800 only lower tier. Both these matches we have previously sold well and are 2 of the better away matches to attend for the away day.

At least there using loyalty points.

Also, why are there now less student ticket prices? Man city had a student ticket last year I'm sure. Everton are offering an over 65 ticket but not a student one.

S

Sharples

A lot of clubs are doing it now including Newcastle. The clubs have to buy all of the tickets off the home side and with ticket prices as they are we wouldnt sell out more than 2.5k so we take lower allocations so were not left short. Like I say, most clubs are doing it...

Imagine not selling 1k of tickets at £40 a pop every other weekend... :eek:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally think its because we are giving out smaller allocations due to the ground. It also works well for Jez because it is likely we will sell out both of these and saves us sending tickets back as i believe it costs the club when tickets have not been sold.

I also think Student tickets are becoming a thing of the past now.

T

TonySoprano

Everton away - best away of the season IMO. Love it there, and love the away end. A dump yes, but much better than all the boring new build stadiums like Leicester, Southampton, Derby, etc.

City away, price has gone up a fair bit so unsure whether we'd sell the full 2800.

Last edited by a moderator:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton away - best away of the season IMO. Love it there, and love the away end. A dump yes, but much better than all the boring new build stadiums like Leicester, Southampton, Derby, etc.

I am a BIG fan of Everton away. Dont know why but just feels a real togetherness of being shoved in the corner, barely enough room for 1k in there. Personally Doyle putting us 1-0 up was up there with O'Hara's goal against West Brum in terms of us going mentall.

Also see Swans are being charged £28 down here, now correct me if im wrong but isnt the offer we have on that day for our fans? No doubt they will charge us down there place £40 f-ing plus !!

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am a BIG fan of Everton away. Dont know why but just feels a real togetherness of being shoved in the corner, barely enough room for 1k in there. Personally Doyle putting us 1-0 up was up there with O'Hara's goal against West Brum in terms of us going mentall.

Also see Swans are being charged £28 down here, now correct me if im wrong but isnt the offer we have on that day for our fans? No doubt they will charge us down there place £40 f-ing plus !!
Had heard that Swansea are charging flat rate of £35 for all games at their ground.

S

StaffsWolf

I personally think its because we are giving out smaller allocations due to the ground. It also works well for Jez because it is likely we will sell out both of these and saves us sending tickets back as i believe it costs the club when tickets have not been sold.

I also think Student tickets are becoming a thing of the past now.

Has nothing to do with that. Wolves are entitled to a % of each ground. Every club can have 2300 odd seats at Molineux now.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand why students should get cheaper tickets. If Joe Bloggs is out doing something rubbish like Town Planning at a rubbish uni like Loughborough in what is a glorified $$$$ up for three years, why should they get cheaper tickets?

I'm a student as well btw.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of clubs are doing it now including Newcastle. The clubs have to buy all of the tickets off the home side and with ticket prices as they are we wouldnt sell out more than 2.5k so we take lower allocations so were not left short. Like I say, most clubs are doing it...

Imagine not selling 1k of tickets at £40 a pop every other weekend... :eek:

What you say is exactly the truth, Wolves would have to pay for any shortfall in ticket sales, thats we we have safe lower allocation

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand why students should get cheaper tickets. If Joe Bloggs is out doing something rubbish like Town Planning at a rubbish uni like Loughborough in what is a glorified $$$$ up for three years, why should they get cheaper tickets?

$$$$ off you mag

S

Shifnal Wolf

Turn Loughborough into Sheffield and you got the perfect match with me in 2010 (only a 1 year course). Also as I'm now an Assistant Planner, Town Planning isn't rubbish and provides good career progression (I hope).

On the other side, students have not had time to save up compared to over 65s so why should they get cheaper tickets when most have worked for 40/50 years so have a lot more money? Just a flip side of the coin there as I don't qualify for either

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Turn Loughborough into Sheffield and you got the perfect match with me in 2010 (only a 1 year course). Also as I'm now an Assistant Planner, Town Planning isn't rubbish and provides good career progression (I hope).

On the other side, students have not had time to save up compared to over 65s so why should they get cheaper tickets when most have worked for 40/50 years so have a lot more money? Just a flip side of the coin there as I don't qualify for either

Sheffield's good though! I was only kidding, JW is at Loughborough doing Town Planning!
Incidentally I'm at Sheffield in my final year reading Economics and as part of Applied Microeconomics we looked at the Economics of football. Conclusion is that it is nigh on impossible to apply market theorems to things like the transfer market however the way in which spectators are treated is becoming more like a usual market where the fan is the consumer and the good is basically a ticket at a match.

A lot of people think this recent ruling is going to make a dramatic change but I don't think it will...if you don't want to go to the game but want to watch it you will find a way (to at least follow it, even if it's on the comms thread here). Equally, I don't think people will be that eager to trade in the match day experience for watching it on tv.

J

Jungleee

City away, price has gone up a fair bit so unsure whether we'd sell the full 2800.

Everton away was my second favourite away last year - was a class atmosphere. The allocations are $$$$ probably for two main reasons imo:

1. Moxey likes his pennies
2. Because we give poor allocations (although Everton and City haven't visited yet and Swansea are taking the Steve Bull lower...)

J

Jack

Anybody know why were getting smaller allocations?
Is our support getting $$$$?
Ticket prices?
Jez being a $$$$?

Man city away 1700 only lower tier.

Everton away 1800 only lower tier. Both these matches we have previously sold well and are 2 of the better away matches to attend for the away day.

At least there using loyalty points.

Also, why are there now less student ticket prices? Man city had a student ticket last year I'm sure. Everton are offering an over 65 ticket but not a student one.

My gut feeling for both allocations is that we'll get the upper tier for both if sales go quickly and we look like we can shift another 1000. Makes financial sense, but a bit of a ballache for the regulars who don't get first dibs at the best choice of seats.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather have a few more town planners and fewer economists, if it's all the same.

I think clubs should follow Derby's lead and offer cheaper tickets to all under the age of 22- lose fans then and you've lost 'em for life.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
$$$$ student prices!!! If i've chosen to go into further education, that is my choice. If Ive chosen to get a job I shouldn't be punished by paying higher prices. Its bad enough the cheeky $$$$ers demanding more of my taxes to pay for their BS degrees. If you want a degree in leisure and tourism, and a match ticket then bloody well pay for it!

T

TonySoprano

i'd quite like more student prices.

Marketing student, marketing student, hello, hello. Next big song in the Southbank that, YHIHF.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can maybe see the advantage of doing a special for Wolverhampton 'University' students. At both Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United they have quite a few home games where it's only a fiver for students. Sheffield United even do an offer for a pie and pint for students as well.

If we aren't selling out it is worth doing - maybe for league cup games.

It would be nice to have a student rate (that you don't need a bloody NUS Extra card to get) but for me, I wouldn't go to an extra game because it costs £5 less.

P

Penk Wolf

I can maybe see the advantage of doing a special for Wolverhampton 'University' students. At both Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United they have quite a few home games where it's only a fiver for students. Sheffield United even do an offer for a pie and pint for students as well.

If we aren't selling out it is worth doing - maybe for league cup games.

It would be nice to have a student rate (that you don't need a bloody NUS Extra card to get) but for me, I wouldn't go to an extra game because it costs £5 less.

Not a good idea, look at the $$$$ Moxey got last time he offered that.

S

StaffsWolf

Wolves did a trial to see if there was a demand amongst local uni students a few years ago. They judged it on ONE game on a Tuesday night against S****horpe United.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves did a trial to see if there was a demand amongst local uni students a few years ago. They judged it on ONE game on a Tuesday night against S****horpe United.

Says it all. One of the games I went to was United vs us in our promotion season. Tuesday night game that would be entertaining against massive opposition. Bargain at £5.

They also did it for a Saturday FA Cup game against Hull.

Wednesday vs Peterborough was a particular highlight of mine though.

T

TonySoprano

Was Colchester mate.

A sceptic would think they may of chose that match purposely. :eek::eek:

P

PeteWolf

Premier League rules are that home clubs must offer 3000 or 10% of capacity to away clubs (whichever is smaller). The first 50% of these must be on a sale or return basis.

Other than that, clubs are free to negotiate what they want with each other, so it's very much a case of Wolves not taking up what we're entitled to, most likely on the basis that they don't want to be left with the cost of unsold tickets.

Doesn't help with Moxey/the ticket office seeming clueless when it comes to understanding our fanbase in terms of what we will or won't sell and at what price.

Back
Top Bottom