Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sky sports news

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth a watch this morning it's like watching Wolves tv.

Showing all of Neves goals from this season. Keep repeating last night's highlights and voting to see what is goal of the season.

Neves goal currently on 78%

D

Deleted member 6526

Its even got Duckens goal for Oldhams game against Walsall last night... bet that isn't on Wolves TV.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grealish was on 16% in 2nd place.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ knows what makes up the other 22%. I can only imagine they're voted for by Vile, Blouse, the **** and Cardiff fans.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
As much as I dislike Grealish, his goal was excellent and worthy of mention.

Ruben's was better though

The Grealish goal was a good strike, but not in the same league as Neves', which given where their clubs are going is appropriate.

D

Deleted member 6526

Every game we see someone take one of those Grealish shots on, most go over, the odd one goes in, someone gets one everyweek. We do not see folks try to do what Neves did very often at all... it is rare for someone to even attempt it.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Grealish's goal isn't in the same universes as neves'.

It was a great goal, he's caught it sweetly on the volley but there was as much luck as anything in it that he caught it so sweetly.

Neves, look at the technique, the flick up for himself, there isn't any luck in that just complete confidence and self belief having the split second to think and knowing exactly what he wanted to do. It was something truly special that only the best players can do.

Nobody in the championship except ironically maybe a couple of our lads can achieve that maybe and that is the measure of just how good this team is and we are truly lucky to see them week in week out.

We can't get the record points total but for me this is the best 2nd division side I can ever remember and in a match between our boys and the reading record holders I know who my money would be on.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grealish's was a good goal, also considering the game. Evans was harder technically and was astonishing. Then neves tops it off with one of the goal of the year across the world. All in 24 hours.

Another difference is that this isn't a one off, unlike the other two and various other great goals.

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any player could catch the ball right and score a goal like Grealish did at some point!

Very few could ever do what Neves did. It was almost David Ginola like!

Not many that could score Evans’ either. A side foot volley isn’t easy!!

M

Mr Wolf

It just show the quality in the Championship this season, all great goals. Good to see them getting some recognition, normally Sky show La Liga like anyone gives a **** before anything Championship.

We could end up with 3 teams on the 90 point mark this year.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I dislike Grealish, his goal was excellent and worthy of mention.

Ruben's was better though

After all the hype, I watched Grealish's goal and was underwhelmed. A decent goal, well struck, but wouldn't beat any of Neves' top three this season IMO.

dgm6769

Reaction score
They getting someone to try and copy his goal by the looks of the preview.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Can you imagine if he wins The Championship, Wolves’ Player of the Season, EFL Player and Young Player of the Season, the Puskas Award and then has a great World Cup too!

What a year for Ruben!!

As long as hes back at Molineux next season :)

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grealish's goal isn't in the same universes as neves'.

It was a great goal, he's caught it sweetly on the volley but there was as much luck as anything in it that he caught it so sweetly.

Neves, look at the technique, the flick up for himself, there isn't any luck in that just complete confidence and self belief having the split second to think and knowing exactly what he wanted to do. It was something truly special that only the best players can do.

Nobody in the championship except ironically maybe a couple of our lads can achieve that maybe and that is the measure of just how good this team is and we are truly lucky to see them week in week out.

We can't get the record points total but for me this is the best 2nd division side I can ever remember and in a match between our boys and the reading record holders I know who my money would be on.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard someone else comment on this...that the ball was dropping behind him so he shifted his positioning whilst swivelling around all in quick succession before smashing the ball in. It required technique, balance, speed of thought, and power etc. And, of course, talent.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Grealish's was a good goal, also considering the game. Evans was harder technically and was astonishing. Then neves tips it off with one of the goal of the year across in the world. All in 24 hours.

Another difference is that this isn't a one off, unlike the other two and various other great goals.
I'd agree with that....we'd be off our heads if one of ours scored Evans' goal as the technique was superb...but Neves goal left me open mouthed like loads of our fans in the South Bank as the ball hit the net, a blonde haired lass looked completely dumbstruck like most people who've seen it and STILL haven't calmed down UTW

K

KiwiWolf

Having watched both Grealish and Neves goals live, in the stadium, I feel I'm the best person to judge...

Neves' was better. :D
Now that really is what I would call "taking one for the team"! :)

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard someone else comment on this...that the ball was dropping behind him so he shifted his positioning whilst swivelling around all in quick succession before smashing the ball in. It required technique, balance, speed of thought, and power etc. And, of course, talent.
I was about to say that, he took a half step or two backwards and to the side o position himself perfectly to hit it. A lot of the time you see players just smashing the ball, but neves' shots always look like they are being placed to beat the keeper with precision rather than just raw power.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some cracking goals this week. Really loved Evans' finish and Grealish's was great technique. Neves' was football as art.

Just shows how good this league is if anyone is in any doubt. Premier League 2 if ever there was one.

D

Deleted member 3751

I do think Grealish is a technically very good player (needs to hurt teams more though) and scored a great goal against Cardiff, any other time he could have won goal of the month with it. Problem is he didn't win Goal Of Tuesday and finished 3rd in Volley Of The Week! But let's be fair if one of our lads scored Grealish's volley we'd be all over it, it was a super goal...

And then we'd be envious at the one Neves scored!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth a watch this morning it's like watching Wolves tv.

Showing all of Neves goals from this season. Keep repeating last night's highlights and voting to see what is goal of the season.

Neves goal currently on 78%
Villa now asking the Authorities to investigate if Mendes has a stake in Sky to promote his players.:eek::p

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They just showed a player (forget his name) re-enacting the Neves goal a few times. Crazy really.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was about to say that, he took a half step or two backwards and to the side o position himself perfectly to hit it. A lot of the time you see players just smashing the ball, but neves' shots always look like they are being placed to beat the keeper with precision rather than just raw power.

I don't wish to be pedantic but you missed the beauty of him in one fluid move flick the ball up before taking a step backwards moving to the side and smashing it....
Sheer Perfection :):)

Back
Top Bottom