Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sin Bins in Football

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These things remind me of a Bruce Willis quote from Armageddon -

"You’re the guys that think this **** up! I’m sure you got a team of men sitting around somewhere right now just thinking **** up and somebody backing them up!"

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Another opportunity for bias to show its face.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the day when a PGMOL robot spontaneously combusts on the pitch. What are they doing to the Beautiful Game? It's not ****ing egg chasing, leave it alone!!

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s been in place in grassroots football since 19/20 to tackle dissent. Feedback generally has been positive.

72% of players wanted to continue with sin bins
77% of managers/coaches wanted to continue with sin bins
84% of referees wanted to continue with sin bins

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At there Annual Business Meeting in London today, the International Football Association Board have approved to trial Sin-Bins in the professional game.

It comes after what the IFAB say was a successful implementation in the grassroots.

Ohhhh sin bins, I help run an under 18’s team and we have no idea what’s happening. Had 4 players sin binned, 2 for arguing, ok get that, one for kicking the ball away? Thought was just a yellow card. One for a foul?? It’s so complicated, if they do it at top flight they’ll need the ref microphones up to explain what the ****s going on!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s been in place in grassroots football since 19/20 to tackle dissent. Feedback generally has been positive.

I’m genuinely shocked at these figures

T

TheConcourse

I actually don’t mind the idea of sin bins. Feel free to send abuse.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's fine until we play Man Utd, they crowd the ref, Bruno Fernandes gives the ref a round of ****s and nothing happens, Max Kilman says excuse me ref are you sure that's a corner, it came off Rashford, in the sin bin he goes!!

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In theory if they use it for the fouls that stop an attack it could be good, but you just know they won’t apply it consistently and mess it up , just as they made a hash of moving the ball forward 10 yards for stopping a free kick being taken.

T

TheConcourse

It’s a great idea. But let me ask you, do you trust the idiots in charge currently to use it properly?
Not sure how it would work practically. I like the idea of it being a replacement for crappy 2nd yellow cards, but then we’ll probably see a huge increase in cynical fouls because teams will be happy to defend for 10 minutes with one less man.

Will it speed up games and make them more physical? Probably.

Do the Premier League event want that? Everything points to non-contact right now.

I dunno. I feel like the rule makers have ****ed it.

loppers86

Reaction score

84% of referees wanting it to continue is incontrovertible evidence that it’s a terrible idea.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No . They're wrecking the game slowly but surely as it is . No wonder more and more are watching non league football .
You really think that idiot that refereed the game last night would get a sin bin process correct ? Didn't think so .
Football is being ruined .......has to stop

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least the team that is sinned against gets the benefit, whereas yellow cards that mount up and result in a suspension benefit the team that the player is suspended against. But, yeah, it'll be messed-up by those implementing it.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a good idea but will PL referees in particular have the bottle to use it or even be able to use it consistently.

The elephant in the room though is the culture of professional football, which takes cheating and diving to a new level. Kilman shouldn’t need to go crashing down as though shot but as GON rightly pointed out, as well as Talksport pundits, the lack of action by the referee is encouraging players to dive and cheat even more.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they bring it in for those 'Orange card' situations then great but they'll probably just mess it up

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What they should do. Is have an independent committee, to judge referee and VAR decisions. If they find a clear mistake, they should deduct money from the officials, or from the Var panel's wages. Maybe they would think twice, before ****ing certain teams continuously over.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have them in my league, a team when playing us at the start of the season was having a go at the Ref and he sin bin 2 players 4 minutes apart so they had 9 players.
The manager decided to have a pop and got a Red card.
When the players came back on they shut up and didn't say boo to a goose ..

My captain was sin binned other week in th 82nd minute for chriping at the Ref, sin bin and we played last 8 min with 10 men..
I have no issues with it and hope it starts the respect towards refs (despite the rubbish decision)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see one positive in this. Why do people have to keep changing and tinkering with a sport that has been around for hundreds of years? It was surely fine tuned to its optimum when they introduced goal line technology? Nothing else was/is needed and nothing else will improve it.

In relation to the sin bins all that will happen is the team with ten men will then defend for 10 mins, feign injury, take an age on set pieces and just generally kill the game dead. It’s a laughable, stupid idea that only idiots will introduce and enjoy.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see one positive in this. Why do people have to keep changing and tinkering with a sport that has been around for hundreds of years? It was surely fine tuned to its optimum when they introduced goal line technology? Nothing else was/is needed and nothing else will improve it.

In relation to the sin bins all that will happen is the team with ten men will then defend for 10 mins, feign injury, take an age on set pieces and just generally kill the game dead. It’s a laughable, stupid idea that only idiots will introduce and enjoy.
You’re right on the time wasting element when down to 10 men. I suppose the next thing then will be a game clock running only when ball is in play, taking us yet further away from the game we all used to know and love :(.

Reactions: Ned

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it’s a good idea.

I notice another suggestion was

VAR was also on the agenda at the Ifab meeting. A wide-ranging review of the video refereeing system is under way, looking at ways in which it could be improved. PGMOL has asked that the review look at the possibility of leaving a window of time for VARs to reverse their decisions.

Which I’d also support.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

VAR was also on the agenda at the Ifab meeting. A wide-ranging review of the video refereeing system is under way, looking at ways in which it could be improved. PGMOL has asked that the review look at the possibility of leaving a window of time for VARs to reverse their decisions.

Which I’d also support.
Just get rid of the 'clear and obvious' meaning and it will improve.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Which I’d also support.
Sorry, not having that either. Can you imagine the audio?
VAR - I think it's a pen, he's clearly taken his leg, I just need to check the offside in the build up.
AVAR - OK, are you happy with this frame?
VAR - Yes that looks good, let's just draw the lines.
AVAR - Oh sorry, out of time.

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think I’m going to like football in a few years, it’s just going to be a really rubbish sport.

Back
Top Bottom