Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Signings

Neves wolf

Reaction score
I was just wondering if this is the most amount of players we have ever signed in 1 transfer window. What is the most we've signed in 1 window?

L

Lincoln-WOLF

I just can't get my head around all these player's signing yet only 1 senior player and one development player have left!

Neves wolf

Reaction score
I just can't get my head around all these player's signing yet only 1 senior player and one development player have left!

I was thinking this as well. Surely some will be sold as it will be impossible keeping all the players happy

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barry Fry comes to mind!

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There would have been a couple of seasons in the early '90s when we brought in a fair few players. Don't know the numbers, but I don't think it would have been as many as this.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** it. I love a big squad. No loan window and more to come, hopefully.

L

Lincoln-WOLF

I love a big squad too! Just not used to it! Over the years our second string in cup games has been very weak and young. Now, we have over (?) 22 senior players who are capable

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7 into 3 if Saiss joins. That seems fine. Maybe let Evans go out on loan to a Championship side.

it was more satorical bearing in mind posters were moaning that we had too many not so long ago.... we have even more now & all is well

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it was more satorical bearing in mind posters were moaning that we had too many not so long ago.... we have even more now & all is well

Yep I think it's only sensible to have a bigger squad affording injuries/suspensions and a hectic schedule ahead without a loan window. Not just in terms of quantity though, we have some serious quality/competition in there now. Definitely think we need another centre half of starting quality though and clearly Zenga is in agreement with that.

O

OldWolvesfart

I was just wondering if this is the most amount of players we have ever signed in 1 transfer window. What is the most we've signed in 1 window?
Of course its is by a long shot, its a new day, a new dawn and we are just along for the ride. Where will it take us, out of apathy and mediocrity.
There may be price to pay down the line but if we want Premiership and not Championship then we have little or no choice but to believe the owners want what we want.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the reasons for so many coming in is that we had a very small squad of players that could compete in the Championship.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
It sure beats having no fit senior left-back and one striker.

All we've really done is redress the imbalance caused by the neglect of the January window.

Some will leave but I think the biggest exodus will be in January once we establish who isn't getting regular game time.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rotation, rotation, rotation.
Until the Senior squad is above 25 players, of which ALL are going to be playing some games or on bench, there is no need for anyone to leave.
It's not as if Zenga hasn't been clear. How many times does he have to say it for it to sink in? What do we want? An injury which leaves us up poo poo creek with no paddle? Dicko, Zyro, EEL, and importantly Graham, all coming back. We're almost there. The only ones who will be moved on are the ones not willing to be part of this project.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Run with winners become a winner, run with losers become a loser". Everyone in the squad will benefit, the more quality that is added to the squad. Even players considered to be average will start to amaze us.

E

E is for idiot.

From a personal standpoint that was more a squad balance thing. Jackett liked a small squad but he filled it with midfielders, had almost no cover in defence or up front. Now we are going for a rotation policy then it is a different scenario. We still however need more cover at the back and up front though.

B

Batman

Mick made a lot his first window in the premier didn't he

Hahnemann
Halford
Milijas
Zubar
Surman
Mancienne
Castillo
Maierhofer
Doyle

That's nine not sure if I'm missing anyone so we may have only equalled out transfer window record so far.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually seeing another post in another thread, we are getting to have a larger squad than I thought. Can only assume that some players are not even being considered. the two that come to mind are obviously Williamson (permanently crocked more's the pity) and Byrne, (not looked at yet, not even with the junior teams).

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score

You can see every signing from every window since 2009 on the transfer window summary thread DaviesWolf.

Here's the link.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
be interesting to see what I 1st team will be when things have settled.
ikeme
Doherty batth iorfa/hause Jackson
tex prince saiss costa
mason bod
with gladon dicko john Silvio price lonegan and another signing?

O

OldWolvesfart

Mick made a lot his first window in the premier didn't he

Hahnemann
Halford
Milijas
Zubar
Surman
Mancienne
Castillo
Maierhofer
Doyle

That's nine not sure if I'm missing anyone so we may have only equalled out transfer window record so far.
Well said, forgot about Castillo, but as you say so far, still time.

S

ShropshireLad

I liked Castillo and Milijas. Milijas was a smoker, though, and "didn't put a shift in". Pity Mick had that view as he was a wonderfully creative player. That goal he scored at Spurs which won us the match was excellent. He could ping a ball but couldn't run around like a blue-***** fly. Castillo was steady at the back and worked well down the wing. What a a waste; I don't know why Mick didn't like him.

Back
Top Bottom