Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SIGNED: Nelson Semedo

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking this could all be rumours.

Silva and Hoever were both rumoured and then official very quickly ... This one has gained momentum quickly but as of yet not official. Usually only gets out as we are about to announce it.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking this could all be rumours.

Silva and Hoever were both rumoured and then official very quickly ... This one has gained momentum quickly but as of yet not official. Usually only gets out as we are about to announce it.

Nope. Fabrizio has it pretty much nailed on. The others (Sky, BBC, local journos etc) have all checked it out and now pretty much everyone has it confirmed.

It’s happening dude, sleep safe.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

For what it’s worth Emerson’s numbers are superb for Betis. Issue would be Barca owed Betis **** loads if they bring him back from loan deal as it was a bizarre joint ownership thing so imagine it’s a very tough deal to get done.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simples.....
Flies in tomorrow morning.
Medical in the afternoon.
Media and photoshoot stuff.
Big reveal at 5:00pm.
Stays to watch the game.
Overnight at the Mount.
Flies back Tuesday to get his kit.
Training Wednesday.

I can but dream!
If he comes he'd probably use the Tuesday to check out the Avion Centre. The others would have been telling him about it and he'd likely want to check out the amenities.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have awoken to an absolute sea of salt. Twitter has been set alight with the moans and groans of football fans across the world.
Barcelona fans are crying because little old wolves have stolen their best Right back leaving them with Roberto who simply isn’t up to the task.
Agent Koeman has been sent by Madrid to sabotage them.
Premier league fans are crying because we’ve managed to sign a fair portion of Portugal’s national side along with their best and brightest future talent.
What a day to be a wolves fan. Hahaha.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After signing one of the best 18 yo prospects in the world for a record transfer fee of £35m, surely fans of other clubs can't fail to notice that we mean business. A mere £29m for a Barcelona player pales into insignificance after that statement of intent, surely! :p

westside wolf

Reaction score
You show you mean business with results and performances. Signing players is irrelevant and if we have a desire to be considered one of the top teams in the country we should learn to approach these kinds of signings with a bit more class. It's not about how it will make Villa and Albion fans feel, it's about us and us alone.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i expect theyd like to get him over today to be around the city game., start of the week too, line up his house new place etc.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
... if we have a desire to be considered one of the top teams in the country we should learn to approach these kinds of signings with a bit more class ...
I'm not sure fans showing more class will catapult us into the Top 4.

I'm fairly sure it doesn't work like that.

(I think the club demonstrates immense amounts of class in these scenarios so, imo, you can only be having a go at the fans)

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure fans showing more class will catapult us into the Top 4.

I'm fairly sure it doesn't work like that.

(I think the club demonstrates immense amounts of class in these scenarios so, imo, you can only be having a go at the fans)
You seem to be forgetting that at the end of the season, if goal difference is level it now goes on supporter class quotient.

Anyway, stop being excitable you lot and act sad.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You show you mean business with results and performances. Signing players is irrelevant and if we have a desire to be considered one of the top teams in the country we should learn to approach these kinds of signings with a bit more class. It's not about how it will make Villa and Albion fans feel, it's about us and us alone.
Oh it makes perfect sense now. This is why fans of the best clubs in the world don't ever gloat, it's why they all show such humility.

And of course it stands to reason that the modesty of those fans is reflected in the clubs, the coaching staff and players.

This is why there's no big headedness at the top of the game. It all makes perfect sense now.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Short of failing a medical, the evidence is overwhelming that we will be signing Nelson Semedo.

It's true that a lot of our signings break very late in the day and get confirmed quickly, and I expect that is Wolves' preferred style of information management. However Barca presumably have their own messaging objectives here. Koeman is keen to move on a lot of dead wood in the squad (not that Semedo is dead wood - he was on the 'don't transfer' list earlier this window) - perhaps Barca want to signal their willingness to sell and encourage more bids by making the process a little more public?

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on everyone we can do this!

5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1...

PRETEND WE'RE PLAYING CRAWLEY TONIGHT. DEAN SAUNDERS IS OUR MANAGER.

There. That should wipe a few smiles off a few faces. Hopefully that's better for everyone.
I thought you were suggesting a new formation there for a second:)

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on everyone we can do this!

5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1...

PRETEND WE'RE PLAYING CRAWLEY TONIGHT. DEAN SAUNDERS IS OUR MANAGER.

There. That should wipe a few smiles off a few faces. Hopefully that's better for everyone.
Saunders did try to play the 5-4-3-2-1 formation. Only he never had enough players.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought you were suggesting a new formation there for a second:)
Ha - probably a subconscious callback to a rather crass thing we did in the South Bank a few years back. A coordinated countdown and half-hearted 'boo' at an opposition manager who'd just had a heart attack.

Most likely get locked up for that nowadays.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha - probably a subconscious callback to a rather crass thing we did in the South Bank a few years back. A coordinated countdown and half-hearted 'boo' at an opposition manager who'd just had a heart attack.

Most likely get locked up for that nowadays.
It was a little bit naughty

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a signing this potentially resolves the Traore double marking challenge....you can’t double up on both! This pairing has the potential to be the most explosive right sided pairing in world football....am I exaggerating?

At least the best at Wolves since Muscat and Bazeley.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh it makes perfect sense now. This is why fans of the best clubs in the world don't ever gloat, it's why they all show such humility.

And of course it stands to reason that the modesty of those fans is reflected in the clubs, the coaching staff and players.

This is why there's no big headedness at the top of the game. It all makes perfect sense now.
I knew it!!

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a signing this potentially resolves the Traore double marking challenge....you can’t double up on both! This pairing has the potential to be the most explosive right sided pairing in world football....am I exaggerating?
As long as Traore learns to play the simple pass and looks for the overlapping runner, then you may well be right.
It seems Semedo likes to get into the spaces that Traore does down the right so we need them to get on the same page better than he did with doc, if they do then it may be a possibility that Jiminez will be in for the golden boot.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as Traore learns to play the simple pass and looks for the overlapping runner, then you may well be right.
It seems Semedo likes to get into the spaces that Traore does down the right so we need them to get on the same page better than he did with doc, if they do then it may be a possibility that Jiminez will be in for the golden boot.

check out the video - one of semedo's main assets is his long raking passes (on the floor) inside or outside of the full-back, to a winger hitting the byline

traore *should* love that

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Short of failing a medical, the evidence is overwhelming that we will be signing Nelson Semedo.

It's true that a lot of our signings break very late in the day and get confirmed quickly, and I expect that is Wolves' preferred style of information management. However Barca presumably have their own messaging objectives here. Koeman is keen to move on a lot of dead wood in the squad (not that Semedo is dead wood - he was on the 'don't transfer' list earlier this window) - perhaps Barca want to signal their willingness to sell and encourage more bids by making the process a little more public?

Koeman wants to bring in players that suit him and his style of play, you can understand that. Lucky for us, One of the players that he deems surplus to his system suits us to a tee - he’s Portuguese (will settle in just fine), he’s part of the Gestifute family, and our bank balance is extremely healthy. This deal is precisely why we have Mendes as part of our ecoystem, without him - Barça demand 40mEUR and Wolves get laughed out of the fax machine, and no way would Semedo even consider coming to a club Like Wolves - let’s be honest. OK, OK, Nuno helps, having high-profile Europa run helps, having our history helps (a touch), having high-profile players helps, 2 x Top 7 finishes helps, but this ain’t happening without Uncle Jorge.

When this goes official, it’s gonna really ****-boil the Top 6 fans (It already is) cos they know that this is a Mendes special, no two ways about it. My mate’s a huge Spurs fan, and he’s livid, they were gloating 2 weeks ago but their fans know we’ve upgraded Doc massively and got stronger as a result and they’re so envious of how we’ve gone about it - won’t admit it cos we pulled their pants down - but they are massively envious.

Just love it. :tearsofjoy:

Back
Top Bottom