Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Shrewsbury

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently at the Panto in Shrewsbury on Saturday Wolves were the butt of a few jokes.

They really don't like us much do they? :D

Gutted we didn't draw them in a cup, love to put them in their place.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More Wolves fans in Shrewsbury than their fans!!!!

W

Westport Wolf

They just need a look in the Shropshire Star to see where we are in the league and where they are in the League.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah true. Plus these jokes were coming from a man in a dress.

Although I did meet a Shrewsbury supporting taxi driver who's second team was Wolves on Saturday to be fair.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah true. Plus these jokes were coming from a man in a dress.

Although I did meet a Shrewsbury supporting taxi driver who's second team was Wolves on Saturday to be fair.

What was he driving A Horse and Cart :D

F

FetishWolf

They should have a rivalry with a club more at their level like for instance Walsall or Wrexham

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely their main rivalry is with teams like Kidderminster, Wrexham or Chester. Even Telford are closer to them in terms of league placings

Deluded Yokels.

rhys2702

Reaction score
their main rivals are Wrexham, Hereford and Telford. They are not bothered about Wolves in the slightest

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well some one is Cus they were taking the $$$$

306NOTOUT

I thought their main rivals were Walsall.

If I remember correctly, a few from Shrewsbury chased a few Walsall fans after a match many moons ago. One Walsall lad was running away and had a Asthma attack and died.

There has always been a hatred since then.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

They absoloutely hate Wolves.

I used to go and watch them with my mate down the Meadow when Wolves were away and if we were losing they would cheer and start singing '$$$$y wanderers'.

This was after a few of our lot 're-arranged' their town after a pre season friendly - since then they have hated us.

A lot of Shrews fans I meet are more than aware of the big Wolves presence in their town and they don't like it one bit. If you are born in Shropshire you support Shropshire's league team they say.

They don't like Telford and also know a lot of Wolves fans follow Telford when Wolves are away etc.

They are small fry. Always have been, always will be. Even in the 2nd division they never got more than 10,000 a week.

They can laugh all they want but they best be looking over their shoulders because Andy Sinton is firstly going to take the Salop cup off them and secondly going to take the Bucks up.

Then they are only a league apart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got a grip :) just thought it was interesting

W

W01ves

The day I start worrying about what a Shrewsbury panto thinks of Wolves is the day I give up watching football. Seriously, I mean come on.

Is this even worthy of a thread? :confused:

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meh if everyone thinks it's wasting space on the server then by all means delete the thread mods. I just thought it was interesting how we were singled out and not Chester or Telford.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They absoloutely hate Wolves.

I used to go and watch them with my mate down the Meadow when Wolves were away and if we were losing they would cheer and start singing '$$$$y wanderers'.

This was after a few of our lot 're-arranged' their town after a pre season friendly - since then they have hated us.

A lot of Shrews fans I meet are more than aware of the big Wolves presence in their town and they don't like it one bit. If you are born in Shropshire you support Shropshire's league team they say.

They don't like Telford and also know a lot of Wolves fans follow Telford when Wolves are away etc.

They are small fry. Always have been, always will be. Even in the 2nd division they never got more than 10,000 a week.

They can laugh all they want but they best be looking over their shoulders because Andy Sinton is firstly going to take the Salop cup off them and secondly going to take the Bucks up.

Then they are only a league apart.

Hey Veins tell them I was born in Shifnal Cottage hospital (Shropshire) in 1959. Support them never the only time I have been in the Meadow was when The Wolves played. I remember the pre season friendly when we rearranged their town great fun. Also when we beat them in the quarter final replay of The FA Cup at their place after we drew at Molineux. Stuff Them!!!

UEAwolf

Reaction score
If panto is so popular in Shrewsbury, maybe Jez Moxley is missing a trick.

Watching Wolves is more of a pantomine than the real thing.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meh if everyone thinks it's wasting space on the server then by all means delete the thread mods. I just thought it was interesting how we were singled out and not Chester or Telford.

I'm taking a wild guess but it's probably because your average panto goer will know who Wolves are and if the joke was about Chester or Telford it would sail over their heads.

306NOTOUT

I'm taking a wild guess but it's probably because your average panto goer will know who Wolves are and if the joke was about Chester or Telford it would sail over their heads.

:rofl: WTF is an average panto goer?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:rofl: WTF is an average panto goer?

I guess at least half the audience is young kids. Can't say I've been for about 12 years - last time i went the star was Melinda Messenger!:D

C

ChesterWolf

No one cares about them so they make tinpot rivalries with teams like Chester? Wolves and Wrexham.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess at least half the audience is young kids. Can't say I've been for about 12 years - last time i went the star was Melinda Messenger!:D
did anyone shoot her?:D

V

Veins Of Old Gold

Chester and Wrexham they haven't played for a fair few years now and it's unlikely they will face them again.

They have had some fiesty encounters against Port Vale and Hereford, with some pretty bad crowd trouble.

306NOTOUT

I think there was a fair bit of trouble with Hereford a couple of weeks ago?

U

UNCLE REMUS

Sad House, in Sad Street, in Sad Town, agree with an earlier poster, there are more Wolves fans there.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

I think there was a fair bit of trouble with Hereford a couple of weeks ago?

A lot of trouble. Game had to be briefly postponed as Hereford fans decided they would leave their stand and head for the Shrews fans taunting them.

Same happened when Vale played there. It's only usually Hereford and Vale who sell the full 1,500 allocation. Lots of trouble up at Vale too last season.

C

ChesterWolf

Chester and Wrexham they haven't played for a fair few years now and it's unlikely they will face them again.

They have had some fiesty encounters against Port Vale and Hereford, with some pretty bad crowd trouble.

Chester nor Wrexham would class Shrewsbury as a rival. More of a nuisance.

Back
Top Bottom