Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Shrewsbury 1 Wolves 3 FA Cup replay March 13th 1979

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Daily Star ( I get it for my OAP neighbour honest I do ! ) has the team line ups from the sixth round replay. This was after a 1-1 draw at Molineux on Saturday March 10th with Billy Rafferty scoring for Wolves in front of 40,946 on a pitch that I recall from the Big Match revisited looked like the Sahara down one side ( think it was the Waterloo Road stand ) it had that much sand on it.

Wolves line up

Bradshaw; Palmer, McAlle, Berry, Parkin, Hibbitt, Daniel, Daley, Carr, Rafferty, Richards,
Attendance 15,279
Wolves scorers were Willie Carr, Billy Rafferty and a Peter Daniel penalty.

For all those of us and there are many who moan about Mike Dean and several other " look at me match officials " the referee for the replay was the Grand Master of such behaviour Clive Thomas !

Shrewsbury had a chap who's name rings a bell as player / manager Graham Turner !

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here is the first match..........A proper football pitch

Just watched it again as you say a proper football pitch ! What on earth did Peter Daniel think he was doing for the penalty and I do not think Willie Carr was too impressed by his " tackle "

R

reanswolf

Yeah I was at both games, absolute mudbaths.
Thoroughly enjoyed the replay.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Good match. Credit to both teams. Lots of skill and action on such a sticky, sanded pitch full of bobbles.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went to the first match. Stood on The North Bank. Don't remember much of the match. Listened to the replay on Beacon Radio. Pity we didn't show up at the semi v Arsenal! But happy days.

meeee67

Reaction score
Just watched it again as you say a proper football pitch ! What on earth did Peter Daniel think he was doing for the penalty and I do not think Willie Carr was too impressed by his " tackle "
Playing rock paper scissors....chose scissors and lost.....

JimB

Groupie
Reaction score
I went to the 1-1 game
Sitting on the white wall in the Waterloo road stand
The highlights are nothing like I remember!
Has anyone got footage of the replay

Back
Top Bottom