Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Should we sack O Neil?

Should we sack him

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Do we need another one of these threads?
When he signed there were about 10% of people who said, give him a go, he might be a good young English coach.

After a month there were about 5% saying he just needed more time to get his ideas over.

Now we don't need a poll, because every Wolves fan knows we've made an horrendous mistake and anyone who votes no is just outing themselves as a WUM.

After Saturday even the WUMs won't be bothering

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he signed there were about 10% of people who said, give him a go, he might be a good young English coach.

After a month there were about 5% saying he just needed more time to get his ideas over.

Now we don't need a poll, because every Wolves fan knows we've made an horrendous mistake and anyone who votes no is just outing themselves as a WUM.

There is already a poll with an overwhelming majority voting to get rid of O'Neil. The poll is still open and people can change their votes.

The OP has basically admitted they only want to see who votes 'no'. So basically it is a thread to jump on anyone who votes the opposite way to what is now the popular opinion. No one will vote the other way on here.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is already a poll with an overwhelming majority voting out. The poll is still open and people can change their votes.

The OP has basically admitted they only want to see who votes 'no'. So basically it is a thread to jump on anyone who votes the opposite way to what is now the popular opinion.
Settle down Gary

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give me the name of who we’re going to replace him with and if they’ve anywhere near competent then yes time to go

DJLWolf

Reaction score
This reminds me of when you get in from the pub after a few pints with the lads, you see the missus and you know the question's coming................ 'so, what did you talk about?'

It's absolutely inevitable.

We all know he's going, just get it done Jeff.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just remember our dynamic duo will be looking at replacements .

I bet Hobbs is probably on the phone to the manager of 3 hammers driving range to see If he wants the gig for a bit .

Only one man for this . The under 23 mini bus driver Steve Davis

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question isn’t “should we” but “when should we”. Almost all managers get the sack and so like a broken clock (which is correct twice a day) this thread will be correct at some point.

Feels like he’ll be in place until Villa and then gone. Prefer pre-Villa and temp in charge for Villa game personally.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Here's the thing. Can anyone imagine he's going to improve this set of players? Can anyone see him still being here at Christmas? Does anyone think we're developing from one thing into another (apart from a football team into a shambles). He's going to be sacked, he's going to be sacked quite soon, so why not just do it tomorrow and save us all the angst. Hobbs should have been lining up an experienced, respected coach since Brighton (and not be worrying about his nationality or whether he'll want a decent salary to save us losing £100m at the end of the season).

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Thank you Will for putting this back up. I referred to the vid on a couple of threads as it's very illuminating. We've only had to endure GON for a handful of games, this B'mouth guy had to suffer 37 of them! Please watch if you haven't already.
Yeah it’s so accurate.
I’m just surprised we appointed GON when Bournemouth have this view of him, their chairman wasn’t very complimentary, did Wolves do their due diligence and watch the Bournemouth games. Clearly not

The parts about lack of identity and clueless subs are so true

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hilarious. I voted to sack after the Luton game.

Kind of proves my point though, that you only did it to attack anyone who has a different opinion.
I think it’s more about flushing out the baggie posing as a wolf on here!!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His record is now identical to that of Steve Davis

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
this video is a bad one….

But How didn’t Hobbs do his basic due diligence…… I got 4 calls and a heap of whattsapps from my contacts and not one was complimentary about GO’s abilities as a manager and Hobbs is far better connected than me…..

So it is quite worrying that he didn’t get rumbled as a word salad peddling charlatan during a THREE hour interview

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You've changed. All respect, but sad to see

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should, of course, but won't because...

1- They will look at the fixtures we've had, and not be too far apart in terms of expectations/points, whilst clinging to the odd decent bit of play we've produced.

2- It's highly unlikely the table will ever look 'that bad' in terms of being cut adrift, purely because that relies on Luton, SU, Burnley etc all winning a handful of games, which almost certainly won't happen.

3- It makes Hobbs look a prat.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I really don't think I have mate. I love our club, I'll be there on Saturday hoping and praying by some miracle we don't get hammered. I can see how I come over somewhat on the harsh side currently (probably an understatement), having backed previous managers (even Lage for a long time) to the hilt, but this guy is taking us back to the oblivion of the Championship. I'm not even very knowledgeable at all about football (probably obviously), I am entirely a fan, but it's so obvious he's out of his depth I can't bear to see the mess he is making of our team.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unfortunately this is what happens when the idiots running our club keep making poor decisions and seem bent on undoing all the good they did when Nuno was here. As each month goes by, those, like myself, who used to speak up for Shi and Fosun have become disillusioned. I thought they had finally turned things around when they secured Lopetegui and backed him in January. I knew we’d have to had a tight summer after that spend, but not to the degree we did, and I certainly didn’t expect them to drive Lopetegui out after the time they spent hiring him. Then to compound that by hiring O’Neil beggars belief. The sooner he, Shi and Fosun leave, the better our chances of survival this season, and the chance to rebuild next summer.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There will be yet another thread starting after Saturday!

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
98%

Must be a record
According to some though Fenrir, this sort of vote doesn't count for anything, as it's not indicative of the matchgoing supporter, or the wider fanbase.
I'd genuinely love to know the real correlation between the two.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't think I have mate. I love our club, I'll be there on Saturday hoping and praying by some miracle we don't get hammered. I can see how I come over somewhat on the harsh side currently (probably an understatement), having backed previous managers (even Lage for a long time) to the hilt, but this guy is taking us back to the oblivion of the Championship. I'm not even very knowledgeable at all about football (probably obviously), I am entirely a fan, but it's so obvious he's out of his depth I can't bear to see the mess he is making of our team.
I think folks here are way to quick to criticise but something about this appointment stunk from the very start. I went to the brighton game saying lots of positive things and came away thinking something smelled really bad. It wasn't losing, it was the manner in which it happened.

I still understand those wanting to give him a chance but claiming there are positive signs on the pitch just doesn't cut it. I don't think we learned anything (positive) from today so the match doesn't change my view one way or the other - this can happen in cup games. I do think it showed the same problem of awful game management and perhaps confused players but we see that every match.

The issue I do have is his post match comments. They're not just normal manager ramblings, they're 100% him creating a narrative for the media that protects himself. I though Lopetegui's media plays were bad but GON's being completely selfish here. The club will have seen this, the players too - it's impossible for this to end well now.

He has to go and it should be first thing tomorrow. Start again and admit we got it wrong. GON's looking after himself while his team falls apart around him.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its been like a runaway train from the day he was appointed unfortunately. Its honestly too early for me to judge him personally. Any manager would need a pre season and some.
However being the boss of the old gold requires a certain sparkle which its clear he ain't got so they might as well act to give the new guy more time. Another bloody expensive mistake.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to some though Fenrir, this sort of vote doesn't count for anything, as it's not indicative of the matchgoing supporter, or the wider fanbase.
I'd genuinely love to know the real correlation between the two.
It's not truly indicative, I'd agree. Online polls tend to me more negative than if you were to take a poll of matchgoing fans, but still never seen these numbers. Not 100% sure what the voting was on here when Nuno left but don't think it was much in favour of him to leave - if at all - but hardly anyone I knew who was a matchgoing fan wanted him to leave

MattWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It's scary isn't it...

We all knew how this was going to play out didn't we? The majority of us voted that we didn't want him, not because he's a bad guy but because of his inexperience as a manager.

You really didn't need to do much digging to realise his time and performance at Bournemouth wasn't as good as it looked on paper.

Why is it that it's only the fans that could see what was going to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom