Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Should we have a mass protest at the next game?

Should we have a mass protest at the next game?

• Yes

Votes: 130 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 103 37.6%
  • If things degenerate further

Votes: 41 15.0%

• Total voters

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should we have a mass protest at the next game? It seems that the common denominator is Jeff Shi in our downward trajectory.

1. Selling jota and signing Fabio Silva for 35 million.
2. Stripping the squad of senior players and having under 23s who aren't ready on the bench.
3. Sacking nuno and appointing Bruno Lage.
4. Hiring a youth academy coach as Director of Football who thought it was okay to loan out traore for nothing , and who waxed lyrical about the signing of mosquera who never plays.
5. Big money spent on mendes players and ignoring non mendes players.
6. Overpaying for players like semedo and fabio then two years of no net spend.
7. Taking four weeks on manager search being rejected twice and giving up (retaining caretaker)until january as players 'wanted certainty'. Alienating interviewed managers by stating they weren't 'outstanding'. No going back to peter bosch.
8. Surrounding himself by yes men as the fans could see in the 'ask wolves' sessions.
9. Not acting to replace a medical team that looks like it is failing.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes. If nothing else I’ll feel better and it’s about time that we publicly show Jeff just what a ****** we think he is.

However. On the flip side we need to show unwavering support for the team and for Steve D. Whatever happens. Steve D didn’t ask for this and he is a fan. Doing what any of us would do In the situation. The players whilst many are deserving of criticism…. Need the 12th man. Which is us.

Cheer the team. Cheer Davies. And throw and much hate as possible towards Sellars and Shi. Particularly Shi who escaped it on Sunday.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not yet, IMO.

I get we have other issues but the main primary problem right now is not having a manager in place.

They have given us a good squad, if slightly unbalanced. They spent in the summer. Our situation shouldn’t be this bleak, it’s just purely on having no manager.

I really hope we get positive news on that this week.

I’m still hoping the lack of a new coach to help Davis/Collins/Sellars means we might be getting a proper manager.

We shall see.

The stick towards Sellars/Shi is merited until they appoint a manager.
It should ramp up in the New Year if we remain in this **** position.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
No. Right now the players need our support at games. There’s so much time to turn these performances around.

We do need owners to show a little more transparency though.

Was gonna say this too.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
About 9 of those are based on conjecture and opinions. Number 7 is the only one I'm annoyed about right now but I don't think it's worthy of a protest just yet.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should we have a mass protest at the next game? It seems that the common denominator is Jeff Shi in our downward trajectory.

1. Selling jota and signing Fabio Silva for 35 million.
2. Stripping the squad of senior players and having under 23s who aren't ready on the bench.
3. Sacking nuno and appointing Bruno Lage.
4. Hiring a youth academy coach as Director of Football who thought it was okay to loan out traore for nothing , and who waxed lyrical about the signing of mosquera who never plays.
5. Big money spent on mendes players and ignoring non mendes players.
6. Overpaying for players like semedo and fabio then two years of no net spend.
7. Taking four weeks on manager search being rejected twice and giving up (retaining caretaker)until january as players 'wanted certainty'. Alienating interviewed managers by stating they weren't 'outstanding'. No going back to peter bosch.
8. Surrounding himself by yes men as the fans could see in the 'ask wolves' sessions.
9. Not acting to replace a medical team that looks like it is failing.
I think Brighton could be very toxic and nasty, quite rightly.

What had me thinking last night was, with the rumours of Jeff moving to head Fosun Sports and potentially someone like Sky Sun coming in, that Jeff seems to have lost the plot in around April 2020 when Jenny Wang bought Grasshoppers and Sky Sun left and our head of European football followed him to Grasshoppers. This also coincided with Thelwell leaving. Did Guo take his eye off Wolves, assuming the hard work was done and that Shi was more competent than he is? Not surprising as his wife had a new toy and he was also stuck in China due to COVID. Was Sky Sun acting as a brake on some of Shi’s mad ideas? If these two things hadn’t happened would we have replaced our Director of Football with someone other than our Academy Director?

I think the common consensus is that the wheels started coming off at around COVID and just after. This is often put down to the long season, the impact of working under COVID and retrospectively Thelwell leaving. But the more I think of it the more I wonder whether other factors impacted.

Either way we are in deep trouble. Championship next season, which has the silver lining in that I can see is lose locally at place like Wigan, Blackburn etc rather than travel 2 hours down the motorway to see us lose.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'll never be a mass protest at Molineux in any case. There never has been. We're too ingrained in being a terminal underachiever without any great competence. We'll turn up, there'll be some boos and we'll "ironically" chant "we're ****ing ****" or "Premier League full of ****". 2017 to lockdown was a freak accident by Mendes and Nuno.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the absence of a public demonstration at a game, how about bombarding the club with emails expressing how unhappy we all are? The odd one here or there will not do anything, but a few thousand might generate some response.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not yet, IMO.

I get we have other issues but the main primary problem right now is not having a manager in place.

They have given us a good squad, if slightly unbalanced. They spent in the summer. Our situation shouldn’t be this bleak, it’s just purely on having no manager.

I really hope we get positive news on that this week.

I’m still hoping the lack of a new coach to help Davis/Collins/Sellars means we might be getting a proper manager.

We shall see.

The stick towards Sellars/Shi is merited until they appoint a manager.
It should ramp up in the New Year if we remain in this **** position.
Too late then

Protest now. Get them to sort this **** out before it is too late

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'll never be a mass protest at Molineux in any case. There never has been. We're too ingrained in being a terminal underachiever without any great competence. We'll turn up, there'll be some boos and we'll "ironically" chant "we're ****ing ****" or "Premier League full of ****". 2017 to lockdown was a freak accident by Mendes and Nuno.

Didn’t the fans rip the dugout to pieces and start launching it at moxey last time we went down?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t the fans rip the dugout to pieces and start launching it at moxey last time we went down?
Some people started breaking the dugout when we were relegated (a tradition started earlier in the campaign by Solbakken punching the plastic through), but that's not a "mass protest" per se, just some people indulging this strange desire to run on to the grass at the end of the season whatever happen and then tanked up on warm Carling decided to kick some inanimate objects.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the absence of a public demonstration at a game, how about bombarding the club with emails expressing how unhappy we all are? The odd one here or there will not do anything, but a few thousand might generate some response.

Or how about

- social media display against shi @wolves and @Fosun
- Boycott buying anything from the club them on match day
- supporting the team on match day for 90 mins but before at half time and after constant Shi out (go for the head as thanos would say
- a petition on here would be good most would sign

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man Utd were having mass protests about the Glazers for a long time. A couple of thousand just chanting outside.

Our protest ended when the season tickets were sold. The next opportunity to protest is when the next season ticket sales are made.

In the meantime, the best thing to do is what Everton fans did last season (another club disgruntled with its owners). Absolutely give seven bells to the opposition and drive the team on. Leicester fans and players should not be enjoying themselves at Molineux, win, lose or draw.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do hope there is protests at all games from now on.
Jeff Shi is the main problem,and we ain´t got a decent future with him at the helm.
A fish rots from head down.
To make Sellars the culprit is to make Medvedev the main crook instead of Putins deeds.

Jeff Shi is the main problem.We will never be able to develop in a decent fashion under him.
Enough is enough as I see it.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next home game with the focus being the need for a new manager before the World Cup.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
God, no. They’ve made some mistakes this season but we’re coming off the 5 most successful seasons in the last 50 years. Have also written off a lot of debt so this isn’t a Glazer situation.

They just need to get on with appointing a decent Manager asap.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emails can get deleted.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't start crying, just because things are going bad for once and some bad decisions have been made.

We have still had a great 6 years.

There are loads of clubs who have been through much worse and owners who have knowingly destroyed clubs for there own personal greed.

Not even voting.

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too late then

Protest now. Get them to sort this **** out before it is too late
I'm still clinging on to hope that they will.

Something has to happen in the next few days in terms of a new coach like Rob Edwards, which will be ****, or a new manager.

They're very quiet on social media again now. Just feel something is going to happen but in all likelihood it will be a Edwards type coach. Either way, at least it will give us an update of the plans.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still clinging on to hope that they will.

Something has to happen in the next few days in terms of a new coach like Rob Edwards, which will be ****, or a new manager.

They're very quiet on social media again now. Just feel something is going to happen but in all likelihood it will be a Edwards type coach. Either way, at least it will give us an update of the plans.
I can’t see anything happening

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emails can get deleted.

I know they can. But the message will get to Shi that Wolves fans are angry. He should already be aware of that from social media monitoring by the club.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man Utd were having mass protests about the Glazers for a long time. A couple of thousand just chanting outside.

Our protest ended when the season tickets were sold. The next opportunity to protest is when the next season ticket sales are made.

In the meantime, the best thing to do is what Everton fans did last season (another club disgruntled with its owners). Absolutely give seven bells to the opposition and drive the team on. Leicester fans and players should not be enjoying themselves at Molineux, win, lose or draw.
The Leicester players would have heard the ill feeling in the home crowd which ultimately would have drove them on.

In our frustration we inadvertently gave them a 12th man.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. Right now the players need our support at games. There’s so much time to turn these performances around.

We do need owners to show a little more transparency though.
The players need our support but they don’t give a **** about the fans. If they did they’d have been clapping and apologising at the end

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Voted no as I’m not sure it’ll achieve what we all hope for. As many have said on this and other threads, we’ve had incredible success with Fosun at the helm.
We talk about Nuno having credit in the bank, well Fosun (including Shi to a lesser extent) still have credit in the bank with me. The team needs a whole heap of help and support right now, and I feel that when the going gets tough we need to try and pull together as hard as we can manage.

Tbh, I look it it in a slightly different way. My mrs and I have had a fabulous relationship so far, loads of positives, great times, lots of things to enjoy. But if I started to make some **** decisions, and life became difficult, I’d like to think I’d still have her support and love.

I know it’s not quite as simplistic as that, but imv I think Fosun/Shi deserve a little respect and forgiveness for fudging things up a little. What they do next will be quite telling though, and will decide how much more support or otherwise they’ll get from wolves supporters.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God, no. They’ve made some mistakes this season but we’re coming off the 5 most successful seasons in the last 50 years. Have also written off a lot of debt so this isn’t a Glazer situation.

They just need to get on with appointing a decent Manager asap.
Jeff shi can’t run this club from a footballing side yet he is trying too and failing . Fosun have been great tbf it’s Jeff shi that needs shifting

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think selling Jota was the right move, he has since turned to **** at Liverpool like he did with us. 35m for Silva though still seems like sheer lunacy but now we know that the guys who run Wolves are actually lunatics.

Back
Top Bottom