Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Should Fosun sell the club?

Should Fosun sell the club?

• Yes

Votes: 304 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 15.0%

• Total voters

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was holding off on this thread because it seems... sacrosanct, in a way. But we now have apparent confirmation that not only will Lopetegui depart, he will be replaced by Gary O'Neil, a manager with less than a season's experience who was sacked by Bournemouth with a 29% win percentage, and reportedly played terrible football.

I am not sure how I feel on the topic yet, but I do think it is high time for the discussion to take place. Fosun have been truly wonderful for Wolves and provided me with some of my greatest memories as a Wolves fan, but can we now say they have taken us as far as they can (or as far as they're willing to go)? As much as I have been critical of Jeff Shi, it becomes increasingly clear that this disaster is being orchestrated by the men behind the curtain. They persist with this impossible dream of making money from player trading, so one has to wonder if they have the correct temperament to be owners of a Football club in the 2020s era.

I cannot shake the dreadful feeling that in the years to come we will look back at this moment when we were at a crossroads as a club and highly regrettably took the wrong path. A manager of Lopetegui's pedigree may not be seen in the halls of Molineux for generations.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they can’t magic up 20m from some shady accounting to buy Scott and pacify Julen then they are out of their depth. Why hire him in the first place?

The ground is falling to bits. We are humiliating ourselves in public.

Gary O’Neil!?

It’s not a good look.

haveaniceday

Groupie
Reaction score
They need to sell, people make mistakes but they've undone all of Nuno's hard work and are dragging us back to the championship and making a mockery out of the club and it's fans in the process.

I implore every one of you to seriously consider how you spend your money with the club this year. They won't get a single penny out of me and I advise you all do the same. The continuous raising of prices despite the declining quality on the pitch is one thing, but making the club to be a laughing stock in public and ruining our chances of securing another quality manager whilst they're our custodians is unforgivable.

Gerrem gone!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a very short sighted view. It could be a whole lot worse
How? I'm just wondering how you envisage things getting worse.

Relegation is an inevitability with FOSUN at the helm now, doesn't even have to be this season but it's coming. If the money isn't there then over time we'll lose our best players and struggle to replace them.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They can only sell if there’s a suitable buyer. We’re not Man Utd and there’s not going to be a queue of multi billionaires or Middle Eastern states ready to spunk hundreds of millions on us

People
Will hope for deep unlimited money pockets and not a care about making any money. People who have that want big European teams.

Monswolf

Reaction score
I hate to say it but 100% yes they need to sell now before it's ultimately too late for them and too late for us. They honestly cannot say in one breath that they have the best interests of the club at heart and are fully committed and in the other remove the most high profile manager we have had for decades and replace him with, and I'm sorry to say this, but a nobody manager who no one wants either here or at his last club its beyond a joke and for an international investment group its highly ilogical and counter productive to their investment

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How? I'm just wondering how you envisage things getting worse.

Relegation is an inevitability with FOSUN at the helm now, doesn't even have to be this season but it's coming. If the money isn't there then over time we'll lose our best players and struggle to replace them.

Look at the recent owners of West Bromwich Albion and Birmingham City.

FOSUN may be inept at some things but they are nowhere near the levels of their owners.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Short term memory.

Should the figure out new management for the club? Yes.

Should they sell? **** no. What's the chances we get new owners that will spend an average of 43.5 million more then we sell over the next 6 years?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Can we have a list of potential buyers before I commit? It feels a bit like people on here who want Lopetegui to go until they realise it means we get O'Neil.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at the recent owners of West Bromwich Albion and Birmingham City.

FOSUN may be inept at some things but they are nowhere near the levels of their owners.
I don't think that's the best argument, looking at the absolute worst case scanerio. Not going to convince folk with the line of "oh things are going pretty badly but it could be absolutely awful! So be thankful for what you've got......"

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think that's the best argument, looking at the absolute worst case scanerio. Not going to convince folk with the line of "oh things are going pretty badly but it could be absolutely awful! So be thankful for what you've got......"

You asked me how it could be worse. I told you.

Our owners could be a whole lot worse.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If anyone wants I’m happy to write a statement in Chinese about fan’s displeasure. Post it online and send it to the club. On Twitter and some Chinese websites to gain traction over there.

I know people are focusing on Jeff but this is down the Guo, the way Chinese businesses are run Jeff has very little autonomy.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
yes- the mismanagement this close season is gob smacking...there has been other issues in the past but just based on this close season ...yes

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone wants I’m happy to write a statement in Chinese about fan’s displeasure. Post it online and send it to the club. On Twitter and some Chinese websites to gain traction over there.

I know people are focusing on Jeff but this is down the Guo, the way Chinese businesses are run Jeff has very little autonomy.
A nice gesture, but I feel that zero Fs will be given back in the homeland about that unfortunately.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolutely, just go take that poor excuse of a man Shi with you too...top manager, letting him go. Don't go chasing someone to go and then take the pee by not supporting him. If you hadn't spent silly money on Mendes clients we would probably have a bit more money in the kitty. Absolutely Clueless

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score

Do it

Writer Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Depends who the buyer is.

In principle, yes, I think the Wolves-Focus relationship has turned sour. But I'd rather keep Fosun and hope for gradual improvement than trust some new wild cannon owners who could do us serious long-term harm.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know why we have to leap to this most extreme reaction - there are plenty of other solutions, and it doesn't matter what the results of this thread are, or what people think - Fosun will do what they want.

Just get Shi out... Incompetence personified.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not necessarily, but they should get rid of Shi.
I fear, however, that Nuno, a cup semi-final and a European quarter final are going to be a massive high point in recent years.
So close, yet so far. If we are lucky we will be back to mid Championship mediocrity. If we are unlucky, it’s Stevenage away again.
It will be devastating if Fosun **** this up any more than they have in the last year or two.

Back
Top Bottom