Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Shi statement needed NOW

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies for starting this thread but I thought after Sunday's debacle our Chairman would come out with a short statement today about the manager situation, the rumours about Scott Sellars, plans for the January window and perhaps most importantly Fosun's vision for this Club. I assume people at the Club come on here to get a feel for fans' reactions to events so I hope this message is passed back to Jeff Shi. Things cannot be allowed to drift along both on and off the pitch.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is he gonna say that changes anything?

To sack, to not sack, to hire, to not hire, to resign...I'm afraid it ain't going to make the slightest both of difference for the next game against Brentford.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Don’t get this at all. We don’t need statements and commentary and updates, we need actions. And anyway, when the club do put out statements they just get picked apart by people on here, or people just decide it’s not true and carry on regardless.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's have another ask wolves.
It can take place halfway up the southbank post Brighton attended by the "legacy fans"

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t get this at all. We don’t need statements and commentary and updates, we need actions. And anyway, when the club do put out statements they just get picked apart by people on here, or people just decide it’s not true and carry on regardless.
We need wins. Goals. Managers. Strikers. Cleansheets.
Not soundbites.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies for starting this thread but I thought after Sunday's debacle our Chairman would come out with a short statement today about the manager situation, the rumours about Scott Sellars, plans for the January window and perhaps most importantly Fosun's vision for this Club. I assume people at the Club come on here to get a feel for fans' reactions to events so I hope this message is passed back to Jeff Shi. Things cannot be allowed to drift along both on and off the pitch.
I don't believe the Mix is representative of the fan base. I only recall ever meeting one fan who had heard of it when travelling up on the train from Euston.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A statement would pin Shi down to the way forward and enable us to cricisise if not adhered to or found wanting. Likely to be bull**** in any event.

rubyloo

Reaction score
Fosun should now be literally working 24/7 to identify and appoint a manager who can rescue this season. Anything else is a waste of time.

grumpywolf

Reaction score
Let’s face it even if they were looking for a new coach at the moment they wouldn’t broadcast it would they, another rejected offer wouldn’t go down well. By the way I don’t think they are.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why, what's the point? Would you say we needed a statement if we'd won? If not, then surely you're not expecting a statement of Fosun's vision after every bad defeat?

Manager situation - he's already said, Davis to continue until the W/C break. We're not goldfish with short attention spans, so he doesn't need to repeat himself as if we are.

Scott Sellars - what's the point? "We're short staffed, so Scott offered to help pass messages from the analysts to the management team, Steve took him up on the offer, but has full control of all playing decisions".

Plans for January - "we'll look for good signings at a price we can afford, as we always do".

Vision for the club - "we're looking to be successful and progress, but acting within the constraints of FFP and working towards self sufficiency where possible".

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why, what's the point? Would you say we needed a statement if we'd won? If not, then surely you're not expecting a statement of Fosun's vision after every bad defeat?

Manager situation - he's already said, Davis to continue until the W/C break. We're not goldfish with short attention spans, so he doesn't need to repeat himself as if we are.

Scott Sellars - what's the point? "We're short staffed, so Scott offered to help pass messages from the analysts to the management team, Steve took him up on the offer, but has full control of all playing decisions".

Plans for January - "we'll look for good signings at a price we can afford, as we always do".

Vision for the club - "we're looking to be successful and progress, but acting within the constraints of FFP and working towards self sufficiency where possible".
Nice one Jeff, well said.

Just jesting, but I get your point and agree with what you are saying. All claptrap and he will not accept any responsibility for the failings of the club over the last couple of years particularly.

It’s important to remember he has presided over relative success too, so rather than well meaning words, or corporate claptrap statements to appease the fans, I’d rather them acknowledge mistakes have been made (done behind closed doors) and quietly set about fixing it.

Do I think that will happen? I have no idea actually, but I hope they can get it right sooner rather than later.

The biggest thing that rankles with me is the ‘there’s no outstanding candidate’ they trotted out. But I can let it be without baying for blood, but something needs to change in our strategy. I don’t think that requires a statement tbh, just good old fashioned hard work and forward thinking.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last chance saloon Jeff Shi ...

A statement of intent is needed now pronto!!

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think tonight's news has put the final nail in it for him.

I just want him out of our club now hw has been proven wrong with no outstanding managers being available I simply cannot trust anything he says its a chasm now between the club and fans which will only get worse as the mess continues to unfold.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually anticipate we will get a statement from the idiot. My guess is an interview with Phillips. He will explain why we had to sack Lage, why we are looking for the right coach, but the only ones we found weren’t available, and that to help Davis out, Edwards will be joining until the end of the season. He will deny the club are for sale, will suggest why all the other good coaches out there are not suitable, and he will restate that Fosun remains committed to the long term success of the Wolves… brand.

**** off Shi, I’ve given up with you now. All the credit earned has been eroded by bad decision after bad decision, and an increasing tendency to talk utter rubbish.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Add to the list of things for Shi to cover - 'Why did we not go for Emery'? Don't say '£5 mil buy out clause' when, as others have said ,we loan out a £35 mil player to Anderlecht? Every day this club becomes more shambolic.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh come on. How many times has this "we demand statement" now been said on here? And when did they ever comply? Never! Jeff Shi went missing for a year, has hardly said anything for a year. And when he does, he puts his foot in his mouth at almost Liz Truss level. Only he isn't elected, so has no fear of losing his job.

As the saying goes: "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear to know nothing about football, than open it and remove all doubt". That's why I never mention football :D

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely no point. Some, many or most wouldn't believe what he said .

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t expect a statement, in fact Indon’t expect anything. They are quieter than a monastic order that’s taken a vow of silence. I expect something will leak at some point, it has to as it’s a ****show and when that happens things leak.

Back
Top Bottom