Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield Wednesday Verdict Thread

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Was watching through someone’s mobile so take this with a pinch of salt!

Very comfortable throughout and in many ways the perfect night. Clean sheet (one great save from Ruddy), no injuries, minutes for the squad players, youngsters impressing (MGW and Watt especially) and Leo on the scoresheet.

Traore is ridiculous. If he fulfils his potential, he will be one of the most exciting players in the Premier League. Him and Hause were the standouts for me (with an excellent cameo from Helder).

Well done everyone.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Love to know how dendonker got on

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did what we needed to do. Pleased for Leo, hopefully that helps him get his confidence back.

Let's hope we draw Villa in the next round....!!

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did what we needed to do. Pleased for Leo, hopefully that helps him get his confidence back.

Beat them in the cup and do the league double? Oh.....

D

Deleted member 4453

Walsall and Villa out, only leaving the Boggie birds

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was watching through someone’s mobile so take this with a pinch of salt!

Very comfortable throughout and in many ways the perfect night. Clean sheet (one great save from Ruddy), no injuries, minutes for the squad players, youngsters impressing (MGW and Watt especially) and Leo on the scoresheet.

Traore is ridiculous. If he fulfils his potential, he will be one of the most exciting players in the Premier League. Him and Hause were the standouts for me (with an excellent cameo from Helder).

Well done everyone.

Impressed by the Donk?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not tested much defensively but looked very comfortable on the ball with both feet.

A good run out for him then, building those minutes up to play in such a crucial position for us. Will be great to have three defenders comfortable on the ball with both feet in Donk and Boly either side of Coady.

D

Deleted member 4594

Didn’t go (fair play to everyone that did, great support). Alan Mcinally was really annoyed we took Watt off, said he was playing very well. Think he was glad to see a good young Scottish player.

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Villa are out, so we have to wait for the other cup for that!

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
First half was dull but livened up 2nd half. Defence not really tested.
Vinagre MoM for me closely followed by Saiss. Dendoncker looked comfortable but generally not troubled.
Watt looked useful & was always wanting the ball. Goncalves & Ashley Seal looked ok when they came on.
Both goals came from good runs from Traore & Costa.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Must admit my impression of Donk differs somewhat, first time he touched the ball a Wed player was running at him and he picked both feet up pretending to be fouled, ref just ignored him, also several passes nowhere near a wolves player - but I'm sure he will improve.

Interesting change of tactic lead to the wolves first goal, Adama decided not to fall over as he had done at the end of just about every run in the first half.

Vinagre (no good at spelling) looked ace, as did Seal when he came on - there was some lovely flicking balls towards the end between Vinagre and Costa really showing off their skills.

In the Hotel bar now with a nice pint and nibbles, hope everyone gets home OK, especially the couple from London in front of me who had chaos with the tickets pre match - London to Sheffield on a Tuesday night for what was effectively a reserve match, true dedication !!!

Last edited:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bennett has been the pick of the 3 so far this season.

Respectfully disagree, and Dendoncker hasn't joined to sit on the bench so it's an inevitability that he eventually replaces him. Like Boly and Coady, his passing range allows us to play the expansive game that Nuno wants. That is Bennett's biggest flaw, although I agree defensively he has been solid but there is more to a defender than just that in our system, hence why Batth can't even get into our second string.

tipton81

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good win, Wednesday didn’t really offer anything apart from one shot on target in second half that Ruddy did really well to get to

Donk was solid, rarely tested though

Vinagre, player, caused their right hand side problems all night with speed and skill, really good, one move with Costa toward the end was sublime and deserved more

MGW was very good, tidy in possession and good going forward, should’ve scored first half

Traore, so fast and skilful, he traps the ball, turns and makes the opposing player bounce off him in one movement

Saiss was very tidy in the first half but second half looked a little short of match fitness to me, to be fair he skilled up two Wednesday players and they ran into each other and went down, funny.

Watt played well, couple of overhit passes but looks very good for his debut as did Gonçalves when he replaced him

Word for Ashley Seal, got straight into it when he came on and had a little run in their box at the end, another one who looks decent

Tango - how depressing it must be to be from Wolves and support Sheffield Wednesday, the guy gives it large to a packed away end and then gets told to calm down by the steward in the home end. Tit.

The future is bright

Last edited:

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the reports. Seems generally agreed that Vinagre had a storming game.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Good win, Wednesday didn’t really offer anything apart from one shot on target in second half that Ruddy did really well to get to

Donk was solid, rarely tested though

Vinagre, player, caused their right hand side problems all night with speed and skill, really good, one move with Costa toward the end was sublime and deserved more

MGW was very good, tidy in possession and good going forward, should’ve scored first half

Traore, so fast and skilful, he traps the ball, turns and makes the opposing player bounce off him in one movement

Saiss was very tidy in the first half but second half looked a little short of match fitness to me, to be fair he skilled up two Wednesday players and they ran into each other and went down, funny.

Watt played well, couple of overhit passes but looks very good for his debut as did Gonçalves when he replaced him

Word for Ashley Seal, got straight into it when he came on and had a little run in their box at the end, another one who looks decent

Tango - how depressing it must be to be from Wolves and support Sheffield Wednesday, the guy gives it large to a packed away end and then gets told to calm down by the steward in the home end. Tit.

The future is bright
Spot on with Tango, so funny, so very funny, especially as it was after the fire alarm had gone off in the home end :):D:)

D

Deleted member 4124

Bennett has been the pick of the 3 so far this season.
He will be replaced by Dendoncker after the international break. Maybe even sooner. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hause claims the CB spot on the bench too.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will be replaced by Dendoncker after the international break. Maybe even sooner. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hause claims the CB spot on the bench too.
I agree ref Hause, been thinking that for a while. Not sure about Bennett, he’s been very assured so far

D

Deleted member 4124

I agree ref Hause, been thinking that for a while. Not sure about Bennett, he’s been very assured so far
Bennett has a massive disadvantage in that he’s the oldest of our CB options. Do we keep Bennett on the bench because he’s solid, or do we keep Hause there because he’s got a massive future ahead of him? I think Nuno may go for the latter.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Elliott Watt was great, like a young Kevin McDonald.

Saiss bit of skill to make their players smash into each other was great.

That fat bald Sheffield fan lol, best but he was giving it the big one then fell on his **** lol

Back
Top Bottom