Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield Utd (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_5612.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again. After a really decent little run we’ve put together, it’s nice to go into games with a feeling of excitement and maybe even confidence. It’s been a while!

On paper today is definitely a game to be targeting three points. I’m not sure the league table tells the full picture and Sheffield Utd are probably better (especially at home) than 1 point out of 30 says, but you know confidence will be low and if we can get at them we’ve got every chance.

In terms of line-up the big decision is who replaces Neto. The most logical choice for me is Bellegarde, it would mean a little tweak of system but it gives us a chance to have three pacy players to run with the ball. I’d also give Doyle a start. He’s been excellent last two games when coming off the bench.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Doyle Lemina Ait-Nouri
Bellegarde
Cunha Hwang​

Bentley, Doherty, Santi, Jonny, Bouba, Gomes, Sarabia, Sasa, Fabio

The weather forecast is dreadful for today up in Sheffield, and their fans will be trying to make it tough for us. We’ve got to show our bravery and our toughness, then I think if we do that it will give us a chance to let our footballers play.

Whether you’re following from Sheffield, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At Bramall Lane, this is a much, much tougher game than some people seem to be expecting. Throw in a storm too. Would be a huge 3 points and step forward for the GON era should we get them.
Agree. A real banana skin. They havent won yet and will get that win at some point, just hope its not today! I wouldnt be too disappointed with a point, but we should really be aiming for all 3.

loppers86

Reaction score
Im really looking forward to seeing how we set up for this one. I’m hoping for 3 points to take us 10 clear of relegation but i’d be happy with just extending our excellent unbeaten run under Gary’s guidance.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn't that long ago that a Nuno side, on it's way to a slightly unfortunate 7th place, managed to give Huddersfield 6 out of their 13 points for a season. An example why I never see Wolves as overwhelming favourites. Plus Sheffield may not be going to trouble the European spots but when I've seen them they looked OK. There due that bit of luck as well. It's basically like a Cup draw against a top Championship team.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t mind putting a bit of pressure on GON for this game, personally (if you read this, Gary, I hope my pending approval doesn’t make you buckle under pressure). We’ve been overall poor away against Everton, Luton and Bournemouth (maybe harsh with this one) so hopefully some lessons have been learned and we set up to start neat and tidy and trying to dominate the ball from the off. I don’t want to get drawn in to a scrap this afternoon.

I back him to be astute enough for this and I fancy a 2-0 win, comfortable.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without Neto and Sheffield United have been unfortunate in quite a few of their games so far this season. I would be happy with a point and as much as I didn't want O'Neil, I hope we don't see the same knee jerk reaction from his critics as we have from his cheerleaders after the three very decent results we've picked up, because losing or drawing these games we are, on paper, expected to win is pretty much in our DNA

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm really hoping we don't go for two snotters and have Doyle alongside one of them. Lemina in all likelihood. Our pace upfront is going to be less effective against a team that will be defending deeper. Doyles passing could really help open them up, and its an ex team of his which adds incentive for him!

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Neto was playing I'd feel confident but this will be a real test of GON's management to get a tune out of Wolves without him. Let's hope he continues to confound expectations as this is the exact type of game Wolves traditionally struggle with.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's hope the Blades are not heartened by the win last night for their fellow Yorkshiremen, Leeds. One Yorks victory over the midlands is quite enough. The weather forecast is dismal and suggests it is just a matter of how wet it will be - if the rain gets horizontal roofs on stands might not give much protection. So, as you enjoy the delights of Sheffield spare a thought for me leaving a pub with a log fire to get home to 'enjoy' the Match Thread! ;)

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hope the Blades are not heartened by the win last night for their fellow Yorkshiremen, Leeds. One Yorks victory over the midlands is quite enough. The weather forecast is dismal and suggests it is just a matter of how wet it will be - if the rain gets horizontal roofs on stands might not give much protection. So, as you enjoy the delights of Oakwell Stadium spare a thought for me leaving a pub with a log fire to get home to watch the Match Thread! ;)
Probably as well you are at home if you were planning to head to Oakwell..... Want to see Barnsley huh??? Meanwhile Wolves will be at Bramall Lane lol....

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything but a win today is a bad result. They have plenty out injured and if we are truly kicking on this is a game we should expect 3 points. No excuses.
Any teams in the form of both Wolves and Sheff; I'd agree that 3 points should be a formality. However, we all know Wolves and how they like to break runs and not perform when expected to. Like most, I expect a tough game and a point ain't the worst result in the world.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any teams in the form of both Wolves and Sheff; I'd agree that 3 points should be a formality. However, we all know Wolves and how they like to break runs and not perform when expected to. Like most, I expect a tough game and a point ain't the worst result in the world.

I think it would be with the players they are missing. These are the games that we need to win if we want to show some real progression.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best pubs in Sheffield city centre?
Agreed it won't be easy, any Wolves fan who expects a win ever is a fool!

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just saw the 3 goals on IG that we scored against them promotion season.. corkers.

Leads me to a question - does anyone remember why Diogo Jota had “Silva” on the back of his shirt? I genuinely can’t remember why..

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just saw the 3 goals on IG that we scored against them promotion season.. corkers.

Leads me to a question - does anyone remember why Diogo Jota had “Silva” on the back of his shirt? I genuinely can’t remember why..
PL allows nicknames on their shirt, champ doesn't. Silva is jotas family name. Iirc Jota isnt jotas actual name but rather an abbreviation of all his names.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PL allows nicknames on their shirt, champ doesn't. Silva is jotas family name. Iirc Jota isnt jotas actual name but rather an abbreviation of all his names.
Thanks Andy.. makes sense I guess. Was slightly perplexed at the time, but never bothered to find out.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading that Tawanda Chirewa is travelling with the squad after impressing with 2 goals in 3 for the U21s.

Wonder if he’ll make the bench in Neto’s absence?

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything but a win today is a bad result. They have plenty out injured and if we are truly kicking on this is a game we should expect 3 points. No excuses.
We ve no divine right to beat any premier league team away from home

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd swap Hwang over to replace Neto ...and push ait Nouri forward to replace Hwang on the left ,,with Jonny / doc at left back .
I'd take 1.. 0 win

Back
Top Bottom